Chatting with the players last night...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ilovesufc

Reaction score
My friends and me were incredibly lucky to accidentally gatecrash a VIP area that the team were in last night on Eccy Rd (beyond giddy!!!!). Wow, what a great set of lads we have...even though we were clearly in there by accident (I'd even got my scarf on ), they all were happy to pose for pics and chat away to us for ages. Freeman, absolute top bloke!! All so down to earth and all loving playing for our great club and worshipping Wilder. They all said what an amazing dressing room it is, even the bit part players like Scougs and Done etc. A fantastic day topped off by an amazing night!!!! Still on a right high!! Also some amusing comments about last season and what a knob Adkins was. Faultless on and off the pitch this season. UTB COYRAWW!!! Roll on next season. One very happy Blade

Talking of the bit part players, i was going to start a thread but here seems good enough, seen as though you mentioned them.

Matty Done helped set the tone for the season of our high pressing game and everyone followed suit, doing it to perfection. Scouggs also played a key role at a similar stage of the season scoring some key goals, I will always appreciate the efforts of these two lads whatever happens from here on in.

Talking of the bit part players, i was going to start a thread but here seems good enough, seen as though you mentioned them.

Matty Done helped set the tone for the season of our high pressing game and everyone followed suit, doing it to perfection. Scouggs also played a key role at a similar stage of the season scoring some key goals, I will always appreciate the efforts of these two lads whatever happens from here on in.

Agree fully. Especially on Scoogs - was very happy when he got a rendition of Scooougal when he came for his medal. Probably the last we will see of him in a red and white shirt and it is disappointing he never kicked on from his great start.

He never gave less than 100% to the cause though and, as you say, scored some crucial goals; MK Dons at home where he scored and created one is a game that sticks out. Plus you can never forget his contribution at Wembley - so I was delighted with his good reception and probable farewell. Wish nowt but the best to 'em all.

Last edited:
Me too and we said as much to them both last night. Everyone has played a part this season, be it the regulars or the players who've been in and out. Faultless attitude from every player. It was lovely talking to Jake Wright who can't believe what has happened this season. He said that when Wilder brought him in he told him he wouldn't be playing as a regular and was straight up about that, but he decided to come because of how much he respects Wilder and wanted to be part of it...and then ends up being an unbeaten legend!

My friends and me were incredibly lucky to accidentally gatecrash a VIP area that the team were in last night on Eccy Rd (beyond giddy!!!!). Wow, what a great set of lads we have...even though we were clearly in there by accident (I'd even got my scarf on ), they all were happy to pose for pics and chat away to us for ages. Freeman, absolute top bloke!! All so down to earth and all loving playing for our great club and worshipping Wilder. They all said what an amazing dressing room it is, even the bit part players like Scougs and Done etc. A fantastic day topped off by an amazing night!!!! Still on a right high!! Also some amusing comments about last season and what a knob Adkins was. Faultless on and off the pitch this season. UTB COYRAWW!!! Roll on next season. One very happy Blade
Never mind about what bloody fun it was tell us some fucking gossip, who's going? Who's coming in? Whats the budget? Are we looking for play offs or automatic? :)

Never mind about what bloody fun it was tell us some fucking gossip, who's going? Who's coming in? Whats the budget? Are we looking for play offs or automatic? :)

Ha ha ha no real gossip...the manager keeps it all close to his chest and the focus is on celebrating this seasons achievement before they think about next season. They all pretty much said they feel really positive about next season and that with Wilder in charge it won't be just about consolidation...he's a winner and they would run through brick walls for him (ace) ;-) Should've probably thought of some more searching questions but tbh I was bloody pissed and too excited to think clearly. Free beers probably didn't help matters :)

Pictures and vids please.

One more reading that.

Looking for? I don't know what Wilder will be expecting but you can assume he will want to win every game.
Sunderland away on a Tuesday night- you know Chris will believe we can nick it.

My favourite was from Keiron Freeman who told me the reason he got dropped and sent out on loan was because he called Adkins a fucking dickhead to his face Got to love a man who speaks his mind!

For some reason I can just picture that as well. It's always the quiet ones you need to watch :D

For some reason I can just picture that as well. It's always the quiet ones you need to watch :D

So funny, I was like, hmm, ok, not surprising that didn't go down too well then! He said he just couldn't help himself and couldn't stand the guy. Also said that at the start of the season Wilder told him he wasn't in his plans so he definitely thought he was out of the door...what a turnaround. I felt a bit nervous of chatting to Freeman because I thought he might be a bit too cool for school (and also I turn into a complete saddo in the presence of any of our hallowed players), but he is such a lovely and genuine bloke. Luckily I had racked up plenty of Dutch courage that afternoon and evening ha ha! Cheers ;-)

Whenever I've met players or managers who I have really rated, it is as if my brains immediately run straight out of my ears. I still cringe at the memory of the moronic questions I asked Harry Bassett years ago at a PFA awards do, you could see his smile getting more fixed and his eyes flicking over my shoulder for someone to rescue him.

So, well done fella!

Fair, lucky man!

they all come accross very well in the vids. Clarke is the only one who i always wonder what he would be like in social situations as he comes across very stone faced, cold in his vids. Always calm.

Did you chat to him?

Fair, lucky man!

they all come accross very well in the vids. Clarke is the only one who i always wonder what he would be like in social situations as he comes across very stone faced, cold in his vids. Always calm.

Did you chat to him?
He's a lunatic with a bottle of Champagne in his hands.

Fair, lucky man!

Did you chat to him?

No, he was sitting with EEL at the back on a settee and surrounded by quite few blokes who I assume we're his mates and did come across as a bit inaccessible. Got a photo with him later on though. He was wearing a rather unusual trouser and very long jumper combo which he seemed to be having a bit of an issue with. So I said, quote, "come on Leon, stop faffing with your dress and have a photo with us". :Dthis is because I am so cool ha ha ha. Anyway, he obliged!!!

Tell us more about the Adkins comments. No doubt freeman wanted to punch him and blind him with his own fake tan.

My favourite was from Keiron Freeman who told me the reason he got dropped and sent out on loan was because he called Adkins a fucking dickhead to his face Got to love a man who speaks his mind!
That just makes me love Freeman even more.

So funny, I was like, hmm, ok, not surprising that didn't go down too well then! He said he just couldn't help himself and couldn't stand the guy. Also said that at the start of the season Wilder told him he wasn't in his plans so he definitely thought he was out of the door...what a turnaround. I felt a bit nervous of chatting to Freeman because I thought he might be a bit too cool for school (and also I turn into a complete saddo in the presence of any of our hallowed players), but he is such a lovely and genuine bloke. Luckily I had racked up plenty of Dutch courage that afternoon and evening ha ha! Cheers ;-)

Did he say anything about Adkins' response, apart from sending him out on loan.

To be fair, as great as it is to read some of the insights and as much as I enjoy reading it - perhaps for the players sakes some of what was said last night should stay last night.

Got a special bond between the players and the fans at the minute, the likes of which are almost not repeated anywhere else in modern football. Not saying don't say anything but maybe not direct quote players - just my opinion, not a dig.

To be fair, as great as it is to read some of the insights and as much as I enjoy reading it - perhaps for the players sakes some of what was said last night should stay last night.

Got a special bond between the players and the fans at the minute, the likes of which are almost not repeated anywhere else in modern football. Not saying don't say anything but maybe not direct quote players - just my opinion, not a dig.
I agree, but any stories about calling Nigel Adkins a dickhead, I'm fine with

Back
Top Bottom