Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I have nothing against the lad but do wonder about his mentality, I recently saw a quote from him where he said being a squad player was better than stacking shelves at Sainsbury’s, now, while obviously that’s true, I would prefer our squad players saying they weren’t content with not being in the first team & wanting to not only play but be eye catching in the process. For me that striving to be better attitude is shared by all the top top players. Not saying get rid of him but imo he should have higher expectation of himself & challenge himself more.

I take that as as a sly dig at James Hanson cos he's done more in a Blades shirt than him.

I'd still rather see us go in for Christian Benteke. If Wilder could get him back to the player he was at Villa before he made the mistake of signing for Liverpool, then we'd have a David McGoldrick who can score. Benteke and Mousset together? Yep for me.
Sorry mate but Benteke is shite if he took 10 shots at John Lennon he'd still be alive, he couldn't score in a brothel with a tenner in his ear. I'd sooner see us go for Mr Christian off the Bounty if Captain Bligh will forgive him, he is one player we need to stay well clear of

Sorry mate but Benteke is shite if he took 10 shots at John Lennon he'd still be alive, he couldn't score in a brothel with a tenner in his ear. I'd sooner see us go for Mr Christian off the Bounty if Captain Bligh will forgive him, he is one player we need to stay well clear of
Tenner in a brothel, that's cheap! Which one's that then mate? Just asking for a friend....

Suggested that elsewhere, got knocked back because of his age, but agree with you, he's a good 'un if he can avoid injury. also like their attacking midfielder Stanislav, but here again age is an apparent problem
Age .

It's fans madness isn't it. I appreciate that a side who are all 35 may start to struggle but age is nothing generally in today's game.

Players are much better looked after
Players are much fitter than before and play fewer games.
Older players make better decisions

Balance is needed

Watched the whole of the West Brom v Forest game

Thought Robinson was impressive.....a very good display...decent passing/ link play and looking to shoot...he played that well that he played the full 90 minutes.
He scored a goal... excellent finish....and had a winning goal disallowed in injury time....the replays show it should have counted.
It was interesting that Robinson was generally hugging the left wing and always wanting to come infield.... the same position he had at Preston.
Also Robinson’s body language was excellent....he obviously gets on well with his team mates...full of smiles and is clearly enjoying himself at WBA.

If West Brom are promoted which looks likely....I can imagine them putting a decent bid in for him.
Would we sell him for 10 million? Or try to use his talent better in our team....think Wilder still rates him.

Watched the whole of the West Brom v Forest game

Thought Robinson was impressive.....a very good display...decent passing/ link play and looking to shoot...he played that well that he played the full 90 minutes.
He scored a goal... excellent finish....and had a winning goal disallowed in injury time....the replays show it should have counted.
It was interesting that Robinson was generally hugging the left wing and always wanting to come infield.... the same position he had at Preston.
Also Robinson’s body language was excellent....he obviously gets on well with his team mates...full of smiles and is clearly enjoying himself at WBA.

If West Brom are promoted which looks likely....I can imagine them putting a decent bid in for him.
Would we sell him for 10 million? Or try to use his talent better in our team....think Wilder still rates him.
10 million? Surely worth double that if he's a big part of their promotion. As we've seen, a stable team is pretty valuable and they'd be paying 20 mill anyway to get an established prem striker

10 million? Surely worth double that if he's a big part of their promotion. As we've seen, a stable team is pretty valuable and they'd be paying 20 mill anyway to get an established prem striker
To me he looks like a player who's playing for a contract , his body language suggests this.
They will want to sign him if they go up , he looks far happier playing for them than us.
Tells a story that does! maybe he's more suited to there style.
Get the right price for him and I think we will let him go.

Fully expecting us to smash our transfer record in the summer on a proven CF.

£40m-£50m.

Clarke Sharp and possibly Robbo out the picture. So we will also need another as well for maybe £10m.

UTB

If we get europa we’ll need 5 strikers minimum
Sharp will stay

To me he looks like a player who's playing for a contract , his body language suggests this.
They will want to sign him if they go up , he looks far happier playing for them than us.
Tells a story that does! maybe he's more suited to there style.
Get the right price for him and I think we will let him go.

We signed him as a wide player and played him in a front two ?
West Brom signed him and played him as a wide forward/player

It has naff all to do with his attitude happiness he looked the most popular player in social media club videos.

He might turn in to a great forward he didn’t do too bad for us when he played.

It didn’t help he played in games away from home like city where he couldn’t do a thing like all our strikers

We signed him as a wide player and played him in a front two ?
West Brom signed him and played him as a wide forward/player

It has naff all to do with his attitude happiness he looked the most popular player in social media club videos.

He might turn in to a great forward he didn’t do too bad for us when he played.

It didn’t help he played in games away from home like city where he couldn’t do a thing like all our strikers
Have to disagree Mousett caused them lots of problems

If he plays well and then West Brom go up; they will want to sign him and we can double our money. Seems a nice lad but with McBurnie, Mousset and McGoldrick (Sharp may stay one more year too and we are not sure on Zikovic) and surely we will add 1/2 more in the summer and as others have said maybe a massive signing up this area - that even eclipses the Berge one - then I think if West Brom offer us say 10-12 million, I'd let him go. Not sure he quite suits our system and feel we can do better as cut throat as they seems.

If we can get anything like what we paid for him we can consider ourselves lucky. The lad shouldn't be anywhere near the Premier League.

Maybe the club has outgrown Callum sooner than expected.

At the fan forum, when CW was asked about the summer signings he said they had been brought in for 2 specific jobs.

To keep us in the Premier League and if the worst happened, to destroy the Championship next season and bring us straight back up.

I think that was CW’s plan A, and Callum would play a part in plan A and probably plan B. This season has been so unbelievable, CW is somewhere around plan F.

I hope he’s happy at WBA and they do go up and give us a decent wedge for him. If that happened I would give him a warm welcome and the Lane next season.

Get our money back or ideally make a profit and move him on, good player to link things up always creates a threat when given time but has always looked a bit mesh to me and if he were to succeed at sufc has to be more dynamic and put proactive effort in.

It seems he is too good for the championship. We bought him for a realistically a bottom 6 premiership side. We are now aiming (this season anyway) for a top 8 finish.

We have left a lot of our players behind with how quickly we have progressed even some of our new players are the same. They will need time to catch up but we have a choice to cash in or work with him whatever CW decides.

Our recruitment policy is perfect as even our signings from the summer that haven’t work out as well as we had hoped still have a big resale value. Which is exactly the risks we should be taking.

Back
Top Bottom