Callum Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How so? He won 3 headers and 2 slide tackles?? Plus sprayed the ball left to right. I think some have made there minds up on the lad and cannot see what he did today in a new position.

There were a couple that stood out, he attempted a couple of backtracking tackles but got shrugged off. If he was a bit stronger and quicker he would have made them.

I really haven’t made my mind up, hence why the jury is still out. He wasn’t good but wasn’t bad.

There were a couple that stood out, he attempted a couple of backtracking tackles but got shrugged off. If he was a bit stronger and quicker he would have made them.

I really haven’t made my mind up, hence why the jury is still out. He wasn’t good but wasn’t bad.

OK pal but I thought he looked natural in that advanced midfield role more than any other this season. Snap shot granted but looks promising.

OK pal but I thought he looked natural in that advanced midfield role more than any other this season. Snap shot granted but looks promising.

I commented to my dad that he was doing a half decent job in the 10 role during the match, however he needs to get better at the scruffy stuff in my view.

Mousset has a good balance between the hard work and flair. Robinson could be similar if he gets a few games under his belt.

I commented to my dad that he was doing a half decent job in the 10 role during the match, however he needs to get better at the scruffy stuff in my view.

Mousset has a good balance between the hard work and flair. Robinson could be similar if he gets a few games under his belt.

I thought he did do the scruffy stuff!!

Personally think he won't come good for us the way things are going. Id send him out on loan, get him game time and give him another preseason. Probably his best shot.

Not sure you are being serious but if you are, from the get go means from the start of the game, & I was clarifying the fact he looked this way not because he was unfit, he clearly is fit, but because he put himself under pressure because he knew he was not playing well. That mental pressure creates tension & makes you feel like you are running in water, it is very debilitating.
Got you. When I was young it was kick off and either fooked or on it. Thanks for clarifying.

Personally think he won't come good for us the way things are going. Id send him out on loan, get him game time and give him another preseason. Probably his best shot.

Really - he changed the game today @ no.10 - he's never played there before and did well yet u send him out on loan without a longer look in that position?

Really - he changed the game today @ no.10 - he's never played there before and did well yet u send him out on loan without a longer look in that position?
I didn't really see what you saw today Bruce. But admittedly at that stage I was getting distracted by my toddler.

Even if I agreed with your review I still think the increase in game time and potential confidence growth could do him some good, then with another good preseason he could have another chance. Could even send him somewhere he could play the no.10. he won't get much practice in it for us.

I didn't really see what you saw today Bruce. But admittedly at that stage I was getting distracted by my toddler.

Even if I agreed with your review I still think the increase in game time and potential confidence growth could do him some good, then with another good preseason he could have another chance. Could even send him somewhere he could play the no.10. he won't get much practice in it for us.

Nah keep him, he's on the up - trust me

He winds me up no end. Absolutely nesh as fuck. BUT, get him in the right positions with the ball and he can be effective.

Certainly didn’t think he was great by any stretch today but he did help us get on the front foot a bit more when we tweaked our shape (think we ended up with a very narrow diamond formation).

Think we made a mistake signing him. He’s a Championship player at best. & to be honest I think he’s crap,nesh & just nowhere near good enough. He’ll not be here by the start of next season.

Pleased he got a hand in the goal. For me he had a tough time out there today. The change seemed logical, and sitting in the number 10 did immediately allow us to advance a bit more, but save for a couple of passes out to the wings under little pressure I thought he struggled in the role, particularly with the defensive aspects of that role, and didn’t offer a reliable option to pass to when we had the ball. When trying any pass tougher than the routine, he seemed to either lose possession or hit it completely where nobody was running to. It reminded me a lot of the sort of Ben Woodburn appearance off the bench that we got last season.

All the above seemed to be why, a few minutes before the goal, CWAK decided to switch Robinson with McBurnie and stick Robinson up front. I said in the match thread I thought that switch was a brief but important change, and ultimately paid dividends. And I think Robinson does a better job in setting up the goal than he perhaps gets credit for – he has to adjust himself before receiving it, and while he floats it a bit it’s to a dangerous area and Sharp does well to help it on.

I thought he had a mixed performance off the bench, and still think he’s finding his feet a bit when he plays, but certainly wouldn’t be looking to move him on be it on loan or permanently in this window. And let’s be fair, plenty of players today had as mixed a performance.

Its early days though and like McBurnie he’s young....so I’ll stay patient and support him.
We’re not being relegated this season so at least the pressure to deliver is off at the moment.

But the pressure is very much on at the moment, yes, we won't be relegated, but we haven’t won the FA cup and we haven’t secured a European place.
I want it all, and I want it now.

I was really excited when we signed him, as I'd be admiring his efforts at Preston since we came up to the Championship, and I thought Robinson would be our most impressive signing pre-season and I think I cursed him, so to even it out, I'll say he's shite and hopefully he'll be a bit more physical haha.

Obviously got technique but he really doesn't want to get touched if at all possible.

Looked better where he was at the end, if he's happy being 5th choice and used towards the end of games then I'd keep him and try and mould him because he's a good lad, but he needs to seriously bulk up for me, he's lost his pace a bit so carrying a few extra kilos of muscle won't hurt that to be honest.

I was really excited when we signed him, as I'd be admiring his efforts at Preston since we came up to the Championship, and I thought Robinson would be our most impressive signing pre-season and I think I cursed him, so to even it out, I'll say he's shite and hopefully he'll be a bit more physical haha.

Obviously got technique but he really doesn't want to get touched if at all possible.

Looked better where he was at the end, if he's happy being 5th choice and used towards the end of games then I'd keep him and try and mould him because he's a good lad, but he needs to seriously bulk up for me, he's lost his pace a bit so carrying a few extra kilos of muscle won't hurt that to be honest.

Still surprised he gets on the bench ahead of Freeman, who I don't think has had a proper chance at all. Robinson has had chances.

I thought Mousset was off it, Sharp hardly had a touch (although he did manage to flick on a header for Flecks goal), McBurnie was the only one of those three that had a decent game. (I won’t judge Robbo on 20 minutes).

McGoldrick was missed imo - although not for his goal scoring ability!

I think we need another “quality” striker. I can’t see us getting one this month, but even without one we should be fine for another season in the Prem.
I agree we need another striker. I think we should be looking to get a 20 goal a season man in, a Calum Wilson type player...

Still surprised he gets on the bench ahead of Freeman, who I don't think has had a proper chance at all. Robinson has had chances.
I think yesterday showed exactly why Robinson gets on the bench. He came on and was playing in behind teh front two, tracked back well and disrupted Arsenal, but when we changed to 4-3-3 like away at Chelsea, he provides a threat up top. His ball into the box was the one part cleared to the feet of Fleck to do his thing and slam it home.

Had a conversation this morning with someone who spoke to a family member of Robinson’s at the match yesterday. Relaying what was said: CR is fully aware of what’s needed from him both technically and physically and feels it will take him 6-12 months to achieve this from where he is now. He’s bought a house in the area and is looking to settle medium to long term so don’t think he’ll be out on his ear at the end of the season.

Interesting that Hugh wizzy thought the tactical change involving Robinson's role cutting off luiz was critical in us getting back in a game we weren't really in
That's exactly how I saw it but I seem to be in a bit of a minority on here

I watched the match on tv and always try to be neutral and level headed, don’t have any favourites, apart from Mark Duffy ha ha.

I thought Robinson was quite poor when he came on...noticed that yet again he always seem to be barged off the ball when there’s a 50/50.

It’s as though he’s not quite physical or strong enough for the PL, thought the same regards McBurnies in his. early games too
but he seems to have been on the weights because he now definitely seems slightly stronger....he doesn’t fall down as much.

Its early days though and like McBurnie he’s young....so I’ll stay patient and support him.
We’re not being relegated this season so at least the pressure to deliver is off at the moment.
I agree with this. He looked a handful for Preston, playing a league down where he was quicker than most of the players he was up against in a position that really suited him on the left of a front 3.

At just 24 he's finding it a bit difficult so far but his positive input should be noted.

His run and cross yesterday
Great feet at home to Man U for McB goal
Big part in both goals at Chelsea
The work he got through at Everton away - that was a horrible game to be a forward and him and Mcburnie really put themselves about

so he's played a key part in 4 goals and 3 points earned which isn't massive but is not a terrible start either in the context of our season

I agree we need another striker. I think we should be looking to get a 20 goal a season man in, a Calum Wilson type player...

Suggested that elsewhere, got knocked back because of his age, but agree with you, he's a good 'un if he can avoid injury. also like their attacking midfielder Stanislav, but here again age is an apparent problem

Can't help but think this would be a really good move for all concerned.

And I know we all laugh at SummatInThePaper, but I'd say he's actually right from time to time and this rings true.

If he and Freeman are going then we must be signing at least one attacking player.

Back
Top Bottom