Another record set

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
19 games without a win is the worst run in our clubs history.

So yes we haven't been this bad in relevance to the league we're playing in for 130 years.

No other manager in our history or any other clubs history would have survived this run.

Wilder is bigger than the club apparently :(

19 games without a win is the worst run in our clubs history.

So yes we haven't been this bad in relevance to the league we're playing in for 130 years.

No other manager in our history or any other clubs history would have survived this run.

Wilder is bigger than the club apparently :(
Maybe because there are other factors that determine whether we should sack a manager other than this run.

Worse. The team with the worst start to a season in the history of English football.

a sad day.

Maybe because there are other factors that determine whether we should sack a manager other than this run.
Ur right at least we're playing quality football and have a clear identity... Oh wait

We have become a joke, Wilder has done great things but has to go for me. I don't get the vitriol to people who think enough is enough. All you get is pig, get to fuck or fuck off, bizarre!
Another pig

Must admit I’m getting sick of people telling me we have to keep Wilder because he got us up from League 1. Adkins did that for Southampton and they were higher up the Premier League when he was sacked and replaced by Pocchetino. The point is, when your breaking all records for awful, something has to change.

Will local journalists finally give him the absolute bollocking he deserves? What does he say to the fans after the worst start to any season by any club ever? That’s bottom of about 13000 teams extrapolated over 120 odd years, for context. What does he say to fans after the worst run of form in our 131 year history? Why won’t he change formation? Why does a player that comes on and scores not play a single minute in the 2 games thereafter?

He’s had his loyalty, 89 other club managers would have been sacked 10 games ago. It’s time he was made to answer some tough fucking questions, because we’re now a quiz question for the next 50 years. I’ve never been this embarrassed to be a blade and it’s truly horrific.

The team & Wilder believed the media hype..........

And stopped try to upset the odds.........

What other factors? It's all about results, no manager should keep his job after 2 points from 15 matches.
That Wilder has done astonishingly well for us since he's been at the club. He has been voted as one of, if not the best manager in the country over the past few years.

Our choice is:
- keep a manger who has a great CV, is the perfect fit for our club and has already delivered far more for us than anyone could've dreamed. Or

- sack a club legend in the hope that, what? Some dinosaur like Pulis or Fat Sam come and try to keep us up in vain? We hit the jackpot again and hire another manager that will take us to the next level? (the type of manager that would surely not join us at this point)

I know what I'd prefer. As utterly miserable as I am now, successful clubs think long term.

Will local journalists finally give him the absolute bollocking he deserves? What does he say to the fans after the worst start to any season by any club ever? That’s bottom of about 13000 teams extrapolated over 120 odd years, for context. What does he say to fans after the worst run of form in our 131 year history? Why won’t he change formation? Why does a player that comes on and scores not play a single minute in the 2 games thereafter?

He’s had his loyalty, 89 other club managers would have been sacked 10 games ago. It’s time he was made to answer some tough fucking questions, because we’re now a quiz question for the next 50 years. I’ve never been this embarrassed to be a blade and it’s truly horrific.

He gets all shirty when he gets a remotely tough question and then starts talking about the quality other teams in the league have.

That Wilder has done astonishingly well for us since he's been at the club. He has been voted as one of, if not the best manager in the country over the past few years.

Our choice is:
- keep a manger who has a great CV, is the perfect fit for our club and has already delivered far more for us than anyone could've dreamed. Or

- sack a club legend in the hope that, what? Some dinosaur like Pulis or Fat Sam come and try to keep us up in vain? We hit the jackpot again and hire another manager that will take us to the next level? (the type of manager that would surely not join us at this point)

I know what I'd prefer. As utterly miserable as I am now, successful clubs think long term.
Successful clubs have no business with sentiment and make tough decisions even if they seem callous or disloyal.

Norwich didn't sack Farke, Burnley didn't sack Dyche etc etc.

We have changed formation. The last two games we have played a number 10.

Successful clubs have no business with sentiment and make tough decisions even if they seem callous or disloyal.
My argument isn't a sentimental one though. Wilder's success speaks for itself.

I'm not suggesting it's obvious he should stay, but I still feel it's the best decision for the club long term.

I haven’t said anything about sacking him. I’m tired of him not being made to answer tough questions. Let him get shirty.
That was in response to you saying that other clubs would've sacked him 10 games ago, but fair point, I agree he should be asked tough questions.

I always try and liken football to real life. If you do amazing in your first job and get a few promotions but then completely mess up, then ultimately you get questioned and then get moved on. This is no different.

Hes had the reward. Hes had the million pound contract. He isnt doing this out of the goodness of his heart

Does anyone actually know what the record is for the most one goal defeats in a season? As bad as we have been this year, surely the laws of averages should come into play at some point.

That was in response to you saying that other clubs would've sacked him 10 games ago, but fair point, I agree he should be asked tough questions.
Fair enough. I won’t lie it was a bit of an angry rant, but this season is now so bad it will haunt us for decades. How many times have you heard about that Derby team this year? That was 12 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom