Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Loans for next season

2. Deadly_D'Jaffo

A message to Brentford fans

I have a huge amount of respect for how they've developed themselves from a L1-L2 yo-yo side into an 'OK' Premier League side. The only thing I begrudge is how fast they became unlikeable, entitled bellends. Even during our shared stint in League One, they quickly elected themselves as the...
  3. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Dele Alli?

Good.
  4. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Mentally weak

I just hope that Wilder can summon the spirit of the 1975/1976 season. Imagine the Wokey Lefties of today trying to mental strength their way through these glory years?
  5. Deadly_D'Jaffo

larouci

Ohhh - Larouci too fast, His positioning ain't right, But Trusty at wing back is shite
  6. Deadly_D'Jaffo

'I played for both' ⚽️ Brentford vs Blades

Egan, JOC, Goode, Donaldson, Kabba, Shipperley
  7. Deadly_D'Jaffo

CONFIRMED Points deduction to start next season

It's pretty sad to join an esteemed list of points deducted/embargoed clubs that are usually run by incompetent egomaniacs or small town, skint clubs that have gone, or going bust. Feels like we're somewhere in the middle.
  8. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Anel looking to manufacture a move?

There's not much logic to keeping an unsettled player around the club, but I'm sceptical of whether whatever fee he commends would go straight into the playing budget and how much it'd cost to replace a player of his calibre? I can only see two scenarios playing out here - first, likely one...
  9. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Arblaster

I'm one of Wilder v2's biggest critics but whatever he's getting across to Andre Brookes & Arblaster is clearly working because i've enjoyed watching them play football with a sense of freedom. It's been a glimmer of light on an otherwise drab season. Well done CW/AK/KA.
  10. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Jack Robinson...

I enjoy a fair, robust challenge as much as the next knucklescraper but the tackle on Palmer was a disgrace and could've easily been a red card. On that subject - I resent the United Media team doing post-match compilations of JLT 'doing' opposition players. It's taking us back to the moronic...
  11. Deadly_D'Jaffo

New head scout - Jamie Hoyland

Just please keep these "experts" as far away as possible from any player recommendations... https://unitedworldacademy.com/our-team/
  12. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Arblaster

He was an average midfielder when he burst on the scene. I recall us rejecting a £750k bid from Burnley after his first season and at the time thinking that it seemed like a good deal!
  13. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Arblaster

I shared your opinion about DCL. I actually feel the same about Osula as I did about DCL - Great athlete, decent footballer but not much in way of a strikers instinct.
  14. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Arblaster

On the strength of what we have, I'd definitely be looking at a 433 because I think a midfield of Arblaster Souza Hamer has the potential to dominate the Championship next season. It's a more athletic / slightly less technical version of the 2018-2019 holy trinity of Norwood (Souza), Fleck...
  15. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Trusty Rusty

I was surprised to read that he's 26 in August.
  16. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Recruitment

He's looked well in cameo performances at Luton and Bournemouth away. If we can sort his fitness issues out we've got a match winning player, but I am sceptical as to whether our Physios & Conditioning Staff can make the breakthrough that Everton couldn't over the last 2-3 years.
  17. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Trusty Rusty

Can't see anything in him other than he gets about the pitch well. He's poor in possession and much worse at the basics of defending like how to jockey an opponent (their second goal) and overall awareness. For a big fella he's not particularly good in the air or fast neither. I just can't...
  18. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Recruitment

I've just been considering some overall ratings on the signings we've made (including loans with options to buy). Grbic - 3/10 Traore - 3/10 Slimane - 4/10 Larouci - 3/10 Trusty - 4/10 Davies - 4/10 Archer - 7/10 Souza - 7/10 Hamer - 8/10 I doubt that Prince or Bettis care about how good or...
  19. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Grbic

Man City GK Coaching department could wheel him out during training sessions to give the players a laugh when morale is low. There's always a use for someone...
  20. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Our fans today

Snap. I've actually got a half an excuse for not being there today but it's a sad state of affairs when I my first thought was 'thank f**k' about missing a game.
  21. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Trusty Rusty

The more I see him play, the more that my opinion of him being the second coming of Jordan Stewart gets validated. A truly dreadful footballer.
  22. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Grbic

Can't we just send him out on loan somewhere? Anywhere.
  23. Deadly_D'Jaffo

McBurnie

On the one hand, we've usually looked better with McBurnie in the side. He's a good foil for almost any striker and more than adequate for the Championship. On the other hand, he is never going to play 35+ games a season. Aside from a good season at Swansea, his goal return isn't commensurate...
  24. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Grbic

I was at the Millers game tonight and can confirm that Johanssen fully deserved his MOTM award. Good distribution (when he had options), excellent shot stopping and made a great 1 on 1 stop. If the rumoured relegation release fee is £750k it would be absolutely criminal if we didn't sign this...
  25. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Sheffield United Legends - Crucible

I went to the Pigs one last year as a birthday gift for my armchair, oinking Dad. First half was good - the MC warmed the crowd up and handed it over nicely to the players to share old war stories. There were some good, interesting tales and it was personally satisfying to see Carlton Palmer...
  26. Deadly_D'Jaffo

2024/2025 - Your Starting XI

The early rise of his Everton career was played wide right. Davies reminds of Berge in that I don't think he's imposing enough in a traditional CM role. The only time I saw consistently excellent performances by Berge was when we gave him that floating, wide right position towards the end of...
  27. Deadly_D'Jaffo

It's a strange one with Baldock and Egan, both had impeccable fitness & appearance records up until 2023...but I do also wonder if has caught up with them? If they've got 20/30 games a season left in them, I'd definitely be looking to keep them around for at least 1 more (championship level)...
  28. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Considering the players due to be released & the likely departures of McBurnie, BBD, Archer & McAtee - how would you like to see us lineup next season? Based on the players we have and could realistically retain, I'm going 4-3-3 with more static fullbacks. I'd retain Baldock & Egan as they've...
  29. Deadly_D'Jaffo

Grbic

Our scouting 'system' is inept and intent on rummaging through the bargain bins at top, European clubs with the players ability/suitability being a secondary consideration. Grbic looks like a backup keeper that is no better than Adam Davies, who I expect is a fraction of the salary. For a club...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom