Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. D

End of season thoughts from American fan.

Welcome. Good first post. Yes Wednesday is still shite. But never forget also : Boris Johnson is a cunt!
  2. D

Can we break a 40-year-old record?

Good lad. I admire your optimism. Hope you win. Little anecdote. When we last played them at Old Trafford in the prem. I said publicly that I'd show my Bollocks on our terrace balcony ( we lived at the time in an apartment block in Lanzarote) if we won. I had to spend half an hour the next...
  3. D

Can we break a 40-year-old record?

Which means if you put ten pounds on blades at 50/1 you'll lose ten pounds.
  4. D

Rats.

If we were a dog we'd have been put down months ago.
  5. D

sander Berge

Even I would be more over rated than Brewster!
  6. D

Would you want Ndiaye back

If course you'd WANT him back. He was class for us. But WANTING him back ,and GETTING him back are two totally different entities. First of all would HE want to come back? Who knows Then , could WE afford to bring him back? Very doubtful. Fees and wages an obvious barrier. It's something that...
  7. D

40 years ago today that goal by Edwards

I was there! And I do remember it.
  8. D

40 years ago today that goal by Edwards

I must have been there but have no recollection of it at all. The one that does stick in my mind was against Wigan who had Larry Lloyd as their player manager. All week Lloyd had been on about how he'd keep Sir Keith in his pocket during the match. And to be fair, he did. Until a very late...
  9. D

A question that has to be asked. But what the answer is, is anybody s guess

Why can't we find a buyer? We were heading for the Premier league and we couldn't find a buyer. The only two options were shysters or frauds. Now we are in the Premier league ( Not for much longer) we still can't find a buyer. What's wrong? Why aren't we attracting potential buyers. Is our...
  10. D

Grbic

That is a bit under the value of a third division player in 1988. Yes he was a great value signing for that money. Grbic at £2 million is probably comparable in monetary terms. But nowhere near as good as Tracy turned out to be.
  11. D

Grbic

Arsenal pay £30 million for a keeper. Man City pay £35 million for a keeper Man Utd pay £47 million for a keeper Liverpool pay £66 million for a keeper And then Blades fans complain that their keeper costing £2 million is crap! You get what you pay for.
  12. D

New ballboy rule

The above interpritation explains it perfectly.
  13. D

Gordon Cowans

As mentioned by someone earlier, my first memory of him was the Arsenal cup match. A ball was swung into our box. It came to Cowans who had a couple of Arsenal attackers around him. Normally in such situations the ball would have been hoofed out into row Z on the John Street block. Not Cowans...
  14. D

Blades at Bournemouth Betting

Thought he'd already done that! (Holgate)
  15. D

Car Park Protest - Saturday 4.30pm

Yes he did sign those players. But to say they were 'large' is disingenuous. The fees were dependent on the limited budget he was working under. Arsenal paid a fee for Rice that was more than the combined fees of the whole of our team out together. The 'large' fees we pay out are miniscule...
  16. D

Brewster

Really? Even if it was, it doesn't say very much.
  17. D

The Officials Today at Wolves

Not really. The state of us when we hopefully rely on 'lucky charms' speaks volumes as to how bad we really are! Ps. I'm wearing my lucky Laver shirt today.😅
  18. D

Abdullah OUT!

The Prince wanted to sell whilst we were in the Championship. Apart from two crooks, no one wanted to buy. We are in the Premier League, STILL no one wants to buy! It does kinda beg the question, WHY? Historically we've had a variety of , shall we say, less than acceptable owners. What makes...
  19. D

Wilder / Holgate

Sounds about par for the course when it comes to recruitment with the Blades for decades.
  20. D

Season ticket available

If the duck was against our defence it would win!
  21. D

Would you have McCabe back over the prince?

Auto correct : Canarian. Not Canadian! ☺😊 Btw UD Lanzarote, now second in league. League leaders Tenerife, next home game. Should be a cracker. You fill up my senses, like a night out in Arrecife. Oh, and did I say, my season ticket cost €30.
  22. D

Would you have McCabe back over the prince?

Which on current showing is where we are heading now!
  23. D

Wilder / Holgate

I'm not saying either of them WOULD have 'torn up' the premier league. I'm saying AT THAT TIME, they were considered our best two players, and we let them go. My point in that post wasn't about how good bad or indifferent the players we have are, but more about the lack of investment and...
  24. D

Wilder / Holgate

This . The reason is not Wider. Wasnt Hecky. Not the players. The BOARD is the reason for this shit show we get week in week out. You enter the best league in the world (arguably). You allow your best two players (one arguably) to leave two weeks before the season starts. And you bring in...
  25. D

Final points total. Nearest the bull.

Great result yesterday. But after the euphoria and we've all come back to earth, how many points do you think we'll go down with? I reckon 24. What are your thoughts.
  26. D

Anyone Else Sat Near a Knobhead or Knobheads?

And this has taken you seven years to work out?
  27. D

Blue cards

Football was fine for 150 years. Then they started Fucking about with the rules. Personally I now have no idea how the offside law operates they've changed it so many times. First phase second, second phase etc etc. Used to be simple. VAR. Total joke. Time added on. Different add ons depending...
  28. D

When did you leave the game? (AKA how big a Blade are you?)

Living where I live it's impossible to get to the Lane. I watch all games on a firestick. It buffered and went off at 2 nil. When I got it back on it was 3 nil. That's when I switched off and poured a large brandy. Hope this helps.
  29. D

The blame...

Spot on! But he is trying to sell. But no wonder no one wants to buy with these assets.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom