Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Grecian2000

Lee Baxter

Too right. Oh sorry, I thought it said buffoon!
  2. Grecian2000

Grbic

My initial post was, pretty much, tongue in cheek regarding people actually looking at the stats. Seems just about everyone I've spoken to after the last few games has, if not the first comment, had an opinion on the performance of the keeper. None have been remotely positive!
  3. Grecian2000

Grbic

Can't believe the man hours that must have been spent hunting down stats to prove he's not a very good keeper. Save yourself hours of work and just watch the bloke play. It's immediately obvious he lacks basic athleticism, speed of body and mind, agility and a footballing brain. He reminds me...
  4. Grecian2000

What can be learned from this season?

Don't throw your lucky pants away because they're no longer lucky. Been fucking commando since before Christmas!
  5. Grecian2000

24/25 Season Tickets

Not fucking convenient. Went for the card option even though I'm happy to use my phone for other stuff. Come match day phone stays at home, turned up to full volume so any daft twat from the household understands it's match day so I am completely uncontactable until I decide otherwise!!!
  6. Grecian2000

24/25 Season Tickets

Ahh renewal day. One day every year I'm happy to be over 60, all other days want to be in my thirties really.
  7. Grecian2000

Do you drive a red Citroen C1, reg ending in WXW?

My doctor does it regular and never gives me a fucking penny. Bastard. Keep asking if he can let the receptionist do it but apparently she's not qualified. Looks can be deceiving I guess.
  8. Grecian2000

United 0 Brighton 5 - report

That's what I read anyway.
  9. Grecian2000

Boston v Blades in 1982-83 FA Cup

No team that has Morris and Edwards in it is going to be anywhere near the worst 11 we've put out. Alan Young on the other hand . . .
  10. Grecian2000

Scoring twice in quick succession

I think we scored 4 in the last 5 minutes of the half against Torquay in the Div4 season.
  11. Grecian2000

Scoring twice in quick succession

Absolutely, well within the crowd still cheering. Suspect if Nuddy had scored ten minutes into extra time we'd still have been celebrating the equaliser.
  12. Grecian2000

Season ticket prices

Phew, thank the Lord for that second sentence.
  13. Grecian2000

Six of the Best - The Best Performances Seen at The Lane

I know, I'd overblown the size of the Thompson proboscis for comedic effect!
  14. Grecian2000

Love that picture. Great effort from Hamson to get it past Phil Thompsons fucking big nose.
  15. Grecian2000

Frank Barlow and Geoff Salmons

Absolutely this. It became the blueprint for long term decline to Div4 (and then to be repeated a generation or two later). Sell your best players, replace with inferior ones (preferably journeymen from division below), results suffer, rinse and repeat. Geoff was the start of it all.
  16. Grecian2000

Let's do it in chronological order: 1-0 v Leeds. League Cup, 1970. Currie scoring at Lane End. 5-1 v Cardiff. Div 2, 1971. First promotion clincher (I know . . .) and best night of my life at that point. 3-0 v Leeds. Div 1, 1971. Just promoted and proper battering a team I hated more than the...
  17. Grecian2000

I didn't want him back

To be fair never mattered what Jimmy said, could never understand a fucking word anyway. Anyone with access to programs from his time in charge should re-visit them just for the joy of the Managers Notes and the complete disregard for the English language. As for CW. Believe wholeheartedly in...
  18. Grecian2000

United 1 Brentford 0 - report

Flew to Europe morning of the Burnley game, happy to get away from what was going on and didn't know anything (other than the Burnley/Liverpool results) had changed until Friday. Wow, from being incandescent with rage after Bournemouth I was amazed we could put in a shift like that a couple of...
  19. Grecian2000

Where Are You?

Just brewed a coffee, walked the 50ft back to my "home office". Still smarting from having been reminded Bobby Ford existed and ruined my Saturday afternoons for a couple of years. Staggered my other half is sat talking to one of the neighbours and they're discussing the untimely passing of...
  20. Grecian2000

Does 'how' United are relegated matter?

As we've NEVER bounced straight back from a top flight relegation this is very probably a moot point!
  21. Grecian2000

Poor Weather Conditions - Better Blades performances?

Usually happens in the same incident! Robinson still tackles like he's playing mens football, most opponents/refs think it's a game for the nonce. Sad days indeed.
  22. Grecian2000

Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Bournemouth

Are any of them expecting their brave boys to be screaming like little girls if they get tackled, or has that habit just moved to Newcastle now?
  23. Grecian2000

Looking forward to Saturday!?

Can't bloody wait. What with holidays, international breaks and fixture oddities I haven't really had a run of games to get to, every one seems weeks apart. Saturday afternoon, heading quickly into winter, no finer time/place than BDTBL.
  24. Grecian2000

Which season made you lose interest the most?

First time I was old enough (i.e. well into my 20's and not full of blind optimism) to be completely pissed off was 85/86 and the Porterfield replacing Keith Edwards with Peter Withe season. What a fools errand that season turned into and spoiled a nicely crafted legacy he had built over the...
  25. Grecian2000

For five years Bramall Lane has been a Wednesday-free zone

Hope the next one is when we play a friendly to celebrate their new pitch in Concorde Park. FC Weds 2025 0 Sheffield United 6.
  26. Grecian2000

Warnock popularity Growing

Kin lightweight. I'd rather deep fry the nads, massage a deep heat/gritty sand mixture into them, let my ex-wife take a baseball bat to them and then appoint Hoofy Twat with Ainsworth as his assistant than see Colin come back.
  27. Grecian2000

4th division

When we were right down in the fourth we drew Arse in the League Cup. Granted they were not the force they are now but we beat them at the Lane and lost narrowly at Highbury. I don't think it's beyond the realms that we were actually closer to them then than we are now! Great work getting...
  28. Grecian2000

When was the last time one of our matches clashed with a major sporting event?

Since the fucking World Cup started (sometime in spring was it?) I've luckily managed to see sweet FA so not an issue. Did have tickets for LMT at the O2 but that's gone due to dodgy concrete so no problems this Saturday.
  29. Grecian2000

CONFIRMED Oliver Arblaster signs a new contract

Yeah me too. Oh, hang on . . .
  30. Grecian2000

Manchester City have one brainfart each season - could it be Sunday?

As the OP points out they do, on rare occasions, lose absolute banker games. Add to that they don't, usually, hit their stride until a few weeks into the season and . . . nah, still highly unlikely. Having watched the Burnley game I thought they gave the ball away more in their own half, under...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom