Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Bergen Blade

Substitutions Cost Us

We don't use a strict man marking system, which means McTominay isn't "his man to mark" for as long as Norwood likes. This has been Souza's biggest problem. I think it could be the case that Souza has been used to strict man marking systems and therefore find it difficult to let his man go if...
  2. Bergen Blade

Man Utd 4 United 2 - Report

Frustrating when this isn't even a booking, while Trusty's mild offence basically gives them a goal.
  3. Bergen Blade

Substitutions Cost Us

I don't agree with that. Moments before Norwood has a look inside and spots Fernandes. He has to prioritise and decide which is the biggest threat. There's not always time for the pointing and shouting at this level - players have to be drilled, but also have the individual awareness, focus...
  4. Bergen Blade

Substitutions Cost Us

His involvement on the goals: 3rd: Norwood decides he can't let McTominay go. It means he can't get close to Fernandes, who is in his favourite position, centrally outside the box. IMO Trusty has McTominay covered and Arblaster may even be able to intercept such a pass. Trusty seems to...
  5. Bergen Blade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Charlton Athletic (a)

£4 for a one-off match pass.
  6. Bergen Blade

Grbic

I was pointing out a fact, not giving an opinion.
  7. Bergen Blade

Grbic

Still on his way to his left here..
  8. Bergen Blade

sander Berge

Surprised to read that - so much I decided to have a look at what Burnley fans thought.
  9. Bergen Blade

Grbic

The two first goals were deflections, not sure if it was easy to spot that in the ground? Not saying it was impossible to save either, but those tend to look a bit strange. Shifting momentum if wrong footed may not be a strength of Grbic.
  10. Bergen Blade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Watford (h)

At this stage I reckon a lot of players may be having trials elsewhere. Obviously players we are letting go, but maybe also players we want to send on loan next season? Hampson may have been suspended following his red card vs Forest?
  11. Bergen Blade

Wilder could have tried him when Bogle went off on Saturday, but chose to play Slimane at RWB.
  12. Bergen Blade

Another really good performance from MoM Sydie Peck. He and Slimane dictated a lot of the play first half and looked to enjoy playing together. Very comfortable for the lads at the back. Both wing backs were fine. Brooks a bit mixed. Marsh involved in quite a bit, but will get even better...
  13. Bergen Blade

larouci

Larouci hasn't played much of late, so Wilder probably thought he had to take him off at some stage. And he was probably keen to get McAtee on. McAtee doesn't seem to be in great form though. Two strikers and a midfield including him and Hamer, may be a bit too attacking.
  14. Bergen Blade

Match Thread Brentford v. Sheffield United - 13th April 2024

Pass completion 2nd after a Brentford centre half. Stats apart, I thought he showed a number of impressive things again, although a few things didn't come off. Also not just looking at stats, the lack of composure and quality on the ball from Grbic, Trusty and Larouci was a bit uncomfortable...
  15. Bergen Blade

Lets talk about set piece defending

Even when you man mark it is normal to have zone men. McBurnie is tall, has good timing and bravery, so clears a lot of them from the most dangerous central area. He may have struggled more to mark one particular danger man. Norwood is a bit small to man mark, but his heading technique is...
  16. Bergen Blade

Anel looking to manufacture a move?

Do want to sign anyone who doesn't want to be here forever, or at least for the contractual period and, (if the club feels like it) way beyond? We could narrow down our list of targets considerably if we makes this clear in the summer. ;)
  17. Bergen Blade

Anel looking to manufacture a move?

If there's a club willing to pay good money for AA it may both in his and United's best interest that he leaves. We can't fall in love with every single player and become heart broken when they decide they want to move on. In the future we may look back at this as a player who was spotted...
  18. Bergen Blade

Grbic

Yes, I think he was expecting a far post shot. Not only that, I don't think he even expected the shot to come in as soon as it did. He was probably in the process of positioning himself a tad more to his right and was caught by surprise that Madueke hammered in his shot so quickly after his...
  19. Bergen Blade

Lets talk about set piece defending

We're having to defend them more often than the others: Can't find a conceding from corners stat. We seem to be making more headed clearances than any other team: The amount of defending we have to do surely plays a part. PL set piece coaches have a lot of material to look at, trying to...
  20. Bergen Blade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Nottingham Forest (h)

Agreed. Individually we looked to have at least as good players as them. But it looked hard work for us to score, while they got theirs quite easily. The U21 line ups change quite a bit, and especially defensively they've not had the chance to find consistency as a unit. Freckleton is...
  21. Bergen Blade

Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Nottingham Forest (h)

It does happen that youngsters can have mediocre games in the U21s, then go on to impress at first team level, so let's not write them off too soon.
  22. Bergen Blade

U21s vs Burnley

Agree about Hampson. Regarding Marsh I think we still need to give him more time to get back to his best following his injury. I think he could have a part to play next season.
  23. Bergen Blade

U21s vs Burnley

We have too many good forwards and try to squeeze them into the same team. Hence Hampson having to play DCM despite being a box to box midfielder; forward Blacker trying to adapt to a midfield role, and both Marsh and Macedo playing a bit deeper (sharing a no 10 role) behind One. It may look...
  24. Bergen Blade

U21s vs Burnley

Losing. Stream: On your toes, not your heels, centre halves!
  25. Bergen Blade

Paddy McNair

Bashamesque? In Wilder's first spell he used to push Basham into midfield on occasions, switching from 3-5-2 to a 4-4-2 diamond. I think it was a good strategy, something to turn to when things didn't work, sometimes just for 15 minutes, and it kept us more flexible. It also helped us keep the...
  26. Bergen Blade

United 3 Fulham 3 - report

Having seen how it did not work with our three most "proven" players, what if we did actually ask the players to run around like headless chickens? If staying compact, pressing, chasing, tracking, tackling, running and getting in the way was our main tactics for the rest of the game, would they...
  27. Bergen Blade

Match of the Day Shite

Posted some thoughts here: https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/can-someone-explain-the-offside-rule-please.99251/post-5080186
  28. Bergen Blade

Superman rewinds time. We are back in the 85th minute vs Fulham. You are the manager! We are 3-1 up. With added on time you're expecting 20 more minutes to be played. A number of players are tired, and Souza, Arblaster and McBurnie have to come off. Fulham have thrown on all five subs. This is...
  29. Bergen Blade

Souza always looks out of position when played at RCM. He's offers little going forward and hasn't got the tenacity, awareness or responsibility to plug holes. Instead he regularly finds some opponent he decides is going to be "his" man, no matter what, even when play switches and his midfield...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom