Ball Sup Blog... SUFC Academy U21 v Watford (h)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I missed why Sasnauskas went off? Injured? If not injured it was pretty early to sub a centre half and the captain, maybe pencilled in for some minutes against Burnley?

I missed why Sasnauskas went off? Injured? If not injured it was pretty early to sub a centre half and the captain, maybe pencilled in for some minutes against Burnley?
Seemed planned he just got a shout from the touchline and jogged off

Maybe need him for the bench on Saturday Not many options left defensively if we get more injuries.
Don't think that Sasnauskas has had many minutes lately so perhaps it's down to that. Curtis has been on the bench regularly and played the full game.

The Mini Pigs we’re getting a bit carried away with their progress.

Good to see we’ve put a lid on that.

Distance is now down to 3 points from the top two, with a hugely superior goal difference and three games in hand.

Another really good performance from MoM Sydie Peck. He and Slimane dictated a lot of the play first half and looked to enjoy playing together.

Very comfortable for the lads at the back. Both wing backs were fine. Brooks a bit mixed. Marsh involved in quite a bit, but will get even better. Osula too good for their defence, though not always involved in general play.

There were a few shooting opportunities from distance, but our long shooting was poor. Something to work on?

I do find it hard to distinguish between Peck & Marsh at times due to the feed/camera quality & Peck quite possibly shaded MOTM but didn't hit the heights of his Forest performance. Osula absolutely bullied his CB opponent & effectively won the game in the first 30 mins. Even with the inclusion of 2-3 Premier squad players we were way too good for Watford. Good signs.
UTB

You can only beat what's in front of you but they were just a bunch of kids playing against men and kids, don't get to carried away to much.

A lot of management interest today. All there braving that freezing wind, from Wilder down including Hoyland. All the above comments supported but also thought Tinsdale was composed. No GCB on players entrance and smaller coffee cups than in the Directors box were negatives as was Watfords 2nd half kick him all tactics and not hearing Mrs Macedo squeal !!

Collins at end mentions some players looking for moves 🤔 Sachdev, Buyabu, Maguire, Staniland, Hampson are names I can think of not involved.

Collins at end mentions some players looking for moves 🤔 Sachdev, Buyabu, Maguire, Staniland, Hampson are names I can think of not involved.

At this stage I reckon a lot of players may be having trials elsewhere. Obviously players we are letting go, but maybe also players we want to send on loan next season?

Hampson may have been suspended following his red card vs Forest?

At this stage I reckon a lot of players may be having trials elsewhere. Obviously players we are letting go, but maybe also players we want to send on loan next season?

1 match ban( 2 yellows)

You’d imagine some of the older lads might be on that bubble now of potentially moving on in the summer.

Also interesting to hear him speak about lads effectively moving out the other end of the 21’s now it does feel like this crop is coming to the end of their time as youth players and probably this summer they’ll go on to be out and out first team players here or elsewhere. It’ll be a hell of a transition next year for the youth sides.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United U21 5️⃣
🆚 Watford 0️⃣
⚽ SUFC 2023/24 Game 6️⃣0️⃣
📈 March to the Play Offs underway
🎩 Hatta Tricka Osula
🎮 Activate No Pass Mode
⚽ Not arrogant, but confident
📋 My Football & Beerless Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Back
Top Bottom