Search results

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Isaw Joeshaw

Wilder’s stubbornness / Grbic

On the stream I watched that match on , the two commentators both expressed their shock and dismay as to the level of abuse Wes was getting from his own supporters . At one point there was an outbreak of the “ You’re not fit to wear the shirt “ chant from a small group of morons, something...
  2. Isaw Joeshaw

Sheffield Untied Support

Following an unfortunate incident at Chateau Joe some four years ago about which the least said the better , I am no longer allowed by the lady of the the house to watch a Blades match whilst being untied . The occasional rope burn apart , I have to say that this has generally been beneficial...
  3. Isaw Joeshaw

Match Thread Manchester United v. Sheffield United - 24th April 2024

A noticeable and worrying feature of Wilder’s second coming at our club has been his decisions in respect of the use of substitutes . Almost without exception and right from day one , these have usually been accompanied by a ‘tweaking of the system’ which has left us looking much the poorer as...
  4. Isaw Joeshaw

Match Thread Sheffield United v. Burnley - 20th April 2024

In addition to the individual mistakes , notably Grbic for the first , as the half went on the team started to lose its shape and organisation with players randomly appearing in positions they should never be in . Notable amongst these were Osborn on the right wing (!) , Souza in the centre...
  5. Isaw Joeshaw

Vini Souza

Based on recent experiences , our recruitment team may think it prudent in future that before advising the club to spend many millions on a player , they give at least some consideration to the views of the fans of the club he already represents . In Souza’s case most were quite scathing ...
  6. Isaw Joeshaw

1963-64 (60 years ago) match reports and photos

All these goings on resulted in Blades fans producing what I still consider to be one of our most humorous and original songs ever . To the tune of “Daisy , Daisy give me your answer do “ ….. “Swanny, Swanny the coppers are after you When they catch you , they’ll give you a year or two...
  7. Isaw Joeshaw

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

Joe Shaw to his left in the reserve outfit . Gotcha ! :)
  8. Isaw Joeshaw

Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

Seeing this photo just adds to my frustration and disappointment as to the how Joe Shaw became to be acknowledged by many analysts and players at the time as being the finest centre half that never played for his country. 1959 was the last year Billy Wright played for England and , in fairness...
  9. Isaw Joeshaw

MOTM

The often much maligned and underrated Little Ben made an excellent contribution today , not for the first time in his time with us . However , for me the outstanding performance came from Gustavo Hamer whose levels of commitment and energy coupled with his natural talent and ability made him...
  10. Isaw Joeshaw

Motd

Generally very poor and “Let’s talk about Chelsea “ oriented . However , there was one very perceptive observation by Troy Deeney when he questioned why our goalkeeper was sinking to his knees when the strike for the second goal was going into the roof of the net ……..
  11. Isaw Joeshaw

United 2 Chelsea 2 - report

Much to agree with there , as per usual in respect of your reports and analysis . I particularly liked your observations on the midfield 3 including those on Osborn who , despite his limitations , proved to be a much better option than the lumbering and often disinterested Souza . As for the...
  12. Isaw Joeshaw

Grbic

At first reading that comment may seem somewhat over dramatic , but I nave to say that ithere is a distinct possibility that it may not be an over exaggeration. From his very first appearance for us it has been obvious that he has serious weaknesses in his game and if we do persevere with him...
  13. Isaw Joeshaw

Grbic

A serious flaw in his technique which I and a few others highlighted after his very first game for us - and there are others. There is no way on Earth that this lad is a better goalkeeper than Wes , who in my view has been unfairly maligned by both a section of our fans and the manager based...
  14. Isaw Joeshaw

BBD

I don’t think it’s beyond the realms of possibility that we could have him playing for us next season and we should move heaven and earth to make that happen . In the games he has played since joining us , he has made a huge contribution to our attacking play with a combination of skill ...
  15. Isaw Joeshaw

New head scout - Jamie Hoyland

I sincerely hope that Jamie Hoyland does well in his role as our new Head Scout . I also hope that in that role , he will be discounting any players who have a propensity for taking little or no part in the game for sometimes lengthy periods , as he himself did as a player . In this respect ...
  16. Isaw Joeshaw

The last Blades player….

Thanks , I never realised that .
  17. Isaw Joeshaw

The last Blades player….

Grainger scored two in that memorable victory against Brazil (which I wagged off school to watch on black and white tele) and I believe is the only English player ever to have done so .
  18. Isaw Joeshaw

Vini Souza

Could be a good thing . She might improve his timing for getting his tackle in ….
  19. Isaw Joeshaw

Anel is wank

20. Isaw Joeshaw

Anel is wank

I’m trying to help you here , but get the feeling that I might be wasting my time and energy . Nevertheless , I suggest that you might like to look up the definition of the word ‘skint’ and then compare our situation with that of the vast majority of clubs in the PL , the Championship and...
  21. Isaw Joeshaw

Anel is wank

….. are not given to hysterical outbursts , making sweeping statements with little or no basis in fact and taking any opportunity to denigrate the club we have supported for in many cases , 50 years or more . A club which , despite its ups and downs and offering very little gratification for...
  22. Isaw Joeshaw

1968-69 (55 years ago) match reports and photos

Interesting to note that Paddy Buckley rather than Woody took the penalty and ‘nearly tore the net ‘. He was a player who was much underrated IMO , partly due to his physique which earned him the nickname of ‘The Flying Pig’ but also the fact that for many years before him we had been blessed...
  23. Isaw Joeshaw

Outgoing? Wes Foderingham

Some fair comments there , but none of us should overlook the fact that at least part of Wes’ problems when it comes to distributing the ball is the fact that none of our fuckers seem to want it !
  24. Isaw Joeshaw

Outgoing? Wes Foderingham

Like Wes , Trafford is a very good shot stopper working behind a very poor defence and as a result , put under constant pressure . Having said that , his record in dealing with high balls into the box has been abysmal and far worse than that of the former and has cost them dearly in a number of...
  25. Isaw Joeshaw

McBurnie

I’m not McBurnie’s biggest fan , but I have to say that his performance against Bournemouth was first class and that taking him off probably cost us coming away with all three points . Having said that , any attempt to try to compare him with Brian Deane is in my view totally misguided . The...
  26. Isaw Joeshaw

Memorable free kicks at the lane

I was about to post the same . I struggle to think of any free kick I’ve ever seen hit with more power than that . He must have been all of 35 yards out when he struck it an the fucking thing was still rising when it hit the roof of the net . Even the fact that it was Sterland who scored it...
  27. Isaw Joeshaw

Top 5 players this season (that aren't on loan)

Shame that Larouchi doesn’t qualify as he’s a loan , since he recently broke the club record for the running backwards 80 yards sprint . To put this in context , the previous holder of this title was the unforgettable Jay McEveley …….
  28. Isaw Joeshaw

Trial separation

Glamour !? Compared to watching Sir Keith , Super Bobby Hatton and Colin ‘Magic’ Morris ripping defences apart and scoring hatfuls of goals on a regular basis , only suffering four defeats all season and being crowned Champions? I look back on that season with much affection and some great...
  29. Isaw Joeshaw

Memries of Arsenal

Three of my top ten Blades watching experiences involve matches against Arsenal . The thrilling 1959 2-2 FA cup match at Highbury , the 3-0 thrashing of them in the replay at the Lane ( albeit I and every other supporter only saw half of the match due to the fog ) and best of all , the 5-0...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom