PL clubs taking furlough payment option

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Or alternatively Andy Giddings tweet at 10.26 a.m this morning was a more accurate reflection of the situation in that they were considering it but no final decision had been made.

That doesn’t fit though with Dem Blades piece that quoted a person that received one of the letters sent out by the club. I doubt that’s a fabricated quote.

That doesn’t fit though with Dem Blades piece that quoted a person that received one of the letters sent out by the club. I doubt that’s a fabricated quote.

As I said in post 329 above LB I've no doubt the Club have spoken with staff and could have sent letters indicating furlough is an option the same happened with my son with his employer before they made the final decision. Thats different from actually placing staff on the Scheme which is what the Stir were suggesting. It may still happen but it seems the Headline was premature bearing in mind the retraction later in the day.

As I said in post 329 above LB I've no doubt the Club have spoken with staff and could have sent letters indicating furlough is an option the same happened with my son with his employer before they made the final decision. Thats different from actually placing staff on the Scheme which is what the Stir were suggesting. It may still happen but it seems the Headline was premature bearing in mind the retraction later in the day.

The Star are quite amazing with regards to stuff like this. They either jump the gun and make their own inaccurate story up or they totally miss the boat on a news story and post it about a week late.

As I said in post 329 above LB I've no doubt the Club have spoken with staff and could have sent letters indicating furlough is an option the same happened with my son with his employer before they made the final decision.

Not to repeat myself, but the quote is pretty clear that this has/had been decided.

"I’m unsure as to who is being furloughed. The casual staff are, which for a lot of us is good as we hold zero hour contracts, so otherwise we’d earn nothing. They could have easily done that but chose not to. As far as we are aware, there will be 100 per cent salary."

There seems to be a sense that because the decision hasn’t been announced, it was still to be decided, rather than it being an indication that they may be reconsidering what had been decided. It’s quite possible for example that the letters went out before the backlash to Liverpool and that this had already prompted a rethink ahead of the Shield piece.

Not to repeat myself, but the quote is pretty clear that this has/had been decided.

"I’m unsure as to who is being furloughed. The casual staff are, which for a lot of us is good as we hold zero hour contracts, so otherwise we’d earn nothing. They could have easily done that but chose not to. As far as we are aware, there will be 100 per cent salary."

There seems to be a sense that because the decision hasn’t been announced, it was still to be decided, rather than it being an indication that they may be reconsidering what had been decided. It’s quite possible for example that the letters went out before the backlash to Liverpool and that this had already prompted a rethink ahead of the Shield piece.

If casual staff have received a letter that states they are being placed on the Furlough scheme rather than it being considered as an option then yes there is a change of direction by the Club. Without the benefit of the content of the letter we can only speculate.

You'd have thought then that RS/Andy Giddings would have received the same info as JS. But it doesn't look that way going by AG's tweet.

Looks like the club are paying the extra 20% though.

It’s a very worrying situation for football reading that.

If we owe £4m for Mousset soon, how much do we owe for the rest of the summer signings? Where is the money going to come from?

It’s a very worrying situation for football reading that.

If we owe £4m for Mousset soon, how much do we owe for the rest of the summer signings? Where is the money going to come from?
The finances in football have been fucked for a while. Teams gamble the future and whole existence of a club for a sniff of glory. This might just be the wake up call that it needed, because let's face it - FFP hasn't made a jot of difference. Villa posted a loss of ~£80 mil last season but it didn't matter one jot, they went up.

One team in red and white stripes in the EPL have set the lead in deferring wages but its not the Blades. Southampton players manager and coaching staff have agreed to defer wages for the next three months and will not be using the governments job retention scheme. Hopefully this will break the deadlock between Clubs and players that has been orchestrated by Taylor at the PFA.

We could go one better and agree that CEO's and Senior Management as well as Managers coaching staff and players defer wages. Over to you SUFC.

Well that’s the confirmation on the original story then, as reported in the initial Star story, and then further by Dem Blades, and now by the club itself.

Well that’s the confirmation on the original story then, as reported in the initial Star story, and then further by Dem Blades, and now by the club itself.

We arent using the govt scheme thou which is good

No that's the government's job retention scheme.

Furlough has always been a thing.
Yes my bad! I didn't realise it was a general term. Made myself look a twat on FB now haha. I guess they have placed them on Furlough to have the option to claim Job Retention at a later date if they really need to. I'd like to think it shouldn't have to come to that though.

It also says not using the government scheme YET and this is under consideration.

Having been critical of the furloughing on the reporting that it would involve doing the same sort of top-up using the government scheme, I’m relieved we’re not using that. I also hope that won’t be a temporary measure.

Interesting juxtaposition of news events....

It's a disgrace that Sheffield United FC are not paying their staff in full.

Back
Top Bottom