McNulty at it again...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

coaxingstar71

First 10 yards are in the head
Reaction score
Doing the job he gets paid for, scoring goals, not showing off with his mates in trendy nitespots....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35289133

I'm sure someone will put me right but I don't see the logic in loaning out a proven goalscorer, who can score goals against (supposedly) superior opposition and on a regular basis and we loan a big striker who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

If his attitude is the problem then surely it's the managers job to manage him and get the best out of him.

Doing the job he gets paid for, scoring goals, not showing off with his mates in trendy nitespots....

I'm sure someone will put me right but I don't see the logic in loaning out a proven goalscorer, who can score goals against (supposedly) superior opposition and on a regular basis and we loan a big striker who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

If his attitude is the problem then surely it's the managers job to manage him and get the best out of him.

Bold statement to make at 11.20pm when he's scored?

Maybe his attitude has a bad influence on others in the squad?

The only reason he's not posting on Twitter about his cunty adventures with his twatty little entourage lately is probably because it costs a bomb to get from Edinburgh to Portsmouth on a weekend.

I've said it all along, Done, McNulty and Che would have been enough of a strike force for this league. Sammon and Sharp were both unnecessary. McNulty is a natural finisher, he might be having a bit of an attitude problem but it isn't out of the ordinary when you're having to deal with professional footballers as young as he is. It's for the manager to identify and nurture.

Don't think we will see him again. Anyway, we've got Billy Sharp!, Billy Sharp! We've ......

I've said it all along, Done, McNulty and Che would have been enough of a strike force for this league. Sammon and Sharp were both unnecessary. McNulty is a natural finisher, he might be having a bit of an attitude problem but it isn't out of the ordinary when you're having to deal with professional footballers as young as he is. It's for the manager to identify and nurture.
That's right, look at the greats like Ferguson, they never shipped the bad eggs out did they?......

UTB

Only Barney could try and make out signing the second highest scorer in the league who has scored in 6 consecutive matches was a waste of a signing.

That's without even factoring in what Billy's game does for the team as a while. Good wumming Barn. Back on form lad.

Only Barney could try and make out signing the second highest scorer in the league who has scored in 6 consecutive matches was a waste of a signing.

That's without even factoring in what Billy's game does for the team as a while. Good wumming Barn. Back on form lad.
It's a waste with the amount we'll be spending on him. £500k up front fee if Sky Sports are to be believed. To add to that, I doubt he'll be on anything much lower than the highest wage in the division. It's about a sense of awareness and having a bit of nous. Plenty of other clubs have managed to get promoted without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money on unneeded positions. Subtlety is invaluable when it comes to recruitment.

The only reason he's not posting on Twitter about his cunty adventures with his twatty little entourage lately is probably because it costs a bomb to get from Edinburgh to Portsmouth on a weekend.

About ninety quid return (if you book it early enough) from Southampton and 1 hour and 5 minutes minutes in the air.

It's a trip I used to make regularly when my ship was in refit in Rosyth.

pommpey

I've said it all along, Done, McNulty and Che would have been enough of a strike force for this league.

Done has been injured for the first part of the season and hasnt been in the best of form
Che has been suspended / off form
So if you think that is good enough for this league you are more stupid than I thought you were

It's a waste with the amount we'll be spending on him. £500k up front fee if Sky Sports are to be believed. To add to that, I doubt he'll be on anything much lower than the highest wage in the division. It's about a sense of awareness and having a bit of nous. Plenty of other clubs have managed to get promoted without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money on unneeded positions. Subtlety is invaluable when it comes to recruitment.

Why was it unneeded? No one added the value last season that Sharp has this.

500k considering his impact, the net transfer dealings and our budget is hardly 'ridiculous amounts of money' - oh and good on you for inventing his 'highest wage in the division' from.the Barny bookmof bullshit facts to beat the club with.

Fact is you were writing Sharp off as a shit Adkins signing 6 weeks ago - all his signings were failures (despite him still being our best player at times in that period, you'd know if you went). Now you can't use that narrative, so you have to try and twist it to his signing being a waste of money in order to twist the knife into the club and Adkins.

Like I say, ingenous trolling Barn. You are getting better and better.

Fact is you were writing Sharp off as a shit Adkins signing 6 weeks ago - all his signings were failures (despite him still being our best player at times in that period, you'd know if you went). Now you can't use that narrative, so you have to try and twist it to his signing being a waste of money in order to twist the knife into the club and Adkins.
Wait. That doesn't even make sense. It wasn't a good signing because of the amount of money involved.

How has the narrative changed?

Do you not think there could have been any younger and more promising centre halves to buy for a lesser amount or even on a free?

Wait. That doesn't even make sense. It wasn't a good signing because of the amount of money involved.

Do you not think there could have been any younger and more promising centre halves to buy for a lesser amount or even on a free?

What? We tried to get Dan burn in as well as sharp. It's not like signing sharp meant we didn't try to get a centre. Honestly you are one boring bastard with your agenda zzzzz

What? We tried to get Dan burn in as well as sharp. It's not like signing sharp meant we didn't try to get a centre. Honestly you are one boring bastard with your agenda zzzzz
Striker wasn't the priority. We signed two strikers when the focus should have been on centre half. Strikers shouldn't have even come into the equation until 2 centre halves had arrived through the door.

I fully agree I would have liked to have signed another centre half this summer. However it was blatently obvious that we also needed a Doyle replacement, a box to box midfielder and strikers.

I wanted the centre half in as well as Sharp, not instead of. I don't at any point think it was an either or choice.

Especially now, seeing what Sharp brings to the team (oh sorry, you don't do you) along with his passion and desire for this club, added to his goals - for you to continue to try to assertain he is a poor signing leads to one of three options:

1. You are thick as pig shit. (I don't think that is true)

2. You aren't a Blade. (I have my doubts)

3. You are a total troll and wind up merchant who gets kicks out of making unnecessarily negative or controversial points in order to be the centre of attention and give your ego a massage, probably due to a deep seated feeling of insecurity and lonliness. You are probably ginger. A bit like this forum's Adrian Durham.

I'm going with 3.

I fully agree I would have liked to have signed another centre half this summer. However it was blatently obvious that we also needed a Doyle replacement, a box to box midfielder and strikers.

I wanted the centre half in as well as Sharp, not instead of. I don't at any point think it was an either or choice.

Especially now, seeing what Sharp brings to the team (oh sorry, you don't do you) along with his passion and desire for this club, added to his goals - for you to continue to try to assertain he is a poor signing leads to one of three options:

3. You are a total troll and wind up merchant who gets kicks out of making unnecessarily negative or controversial points in order to be the centre of attention and give your ego a massage, probably due to a deep seated feeling of insecurity and lonliness. You are probably ginger. A bit like this forum's Adrian Durham.

I'm going with 3.

I'd go with 1 personally. 3 gives him way too much credit.

I'd go with 1 personally. 3 gives him way too much credit.

Reading back it's like Sheffield United Forums blind date.

Is it number 1, our very own Barney from S2 4SU.

Or will you go for our number 2, all the way from Bladesmad it's Stanno pig.

Or, do you feel sorry for number 3? Originally hailing from Blades United it's Leonard De Goey?

I'm going with 3.
Do you not have the ability to debate? If you don't, I'd rather not engage with such people on my level.

If you notice, I always give the reasonable two way debate a chance. Whenever you cross the line and start being an arse, well, I'll follow and return the favour. It works like that.

The fact you've come out with that as a result of a disagreement leads me to think you can't handle a difference in opinion. Which invariably leads to a question of why you've chosen to come on an internet forum, where such things tend to be fairly rife.

I'm of the opinion the inability to reasonably debate a particular point is actually one of the strongest signs of a narrow mind. And narrow minds aren't exactly the strongest indicators of an intellectual brain.

Striker wasn't the priority. We signed two strikers when the focus should have been on centre half. Strikers shouldn't have even come into the equation until 2 centre halves had arrived through the door.

So we shouldn't conduct any business at all until we had a defender over the line? Then when that fell to bits for whatever reason we sign no one and gives you even more ammo to fire at the club "why didn't we sign anyone" "why were we only focussing on a defender"

Do you not get bored of been such a moronic troll?

Reading back it's like Sheffield United Forums blind date.

Is it number 1, our very own Barney from S2 4SU.

Or will you go for our number 2, all the way from Bladesmad it's Stanno pig.

Or, do you feel sorry for number 3? Originally hailing from Blades United it's Leonard De Goey?

It could also be the much-loved (not) Curtis from Bladesmad. There's some striking similarities.

Do you not have the ability to debate? If you don't, I'd rather not engage with such people on my level.

If you notice, I always give the reasonable two way debate a chance. Whenever you cross the line and start being an arse, well, I'll follow and return the favour. It works like that.

The fact you've come out with that as a result of a disagreement leads me to think you can't handle a difference in opinion. Which invariably leads to a question of why you've chosen to come on an internet forum, where such things tend to be fairly rife.

I'm of the opinion the inability to reasonably debate a particular point is actually one of the strongest signs of a narrow mind. And narrow minds aren't exactly the strongest indicators of an intellectual brain.

You haven't been to a game since err, was it Millwall? Or was it before? No one is sure because even you aren't.

So you are in no position to judge who or what has constituted a good or bad signing for us to be honest.

However, what I do know is even taking into account you not going, from various opinions, match reports and actual saliant facts such as goals and assists, Billy Sharp has carried this team at times and is almost nailed on to be our player of the season, top scorer and there is a very good chance that he will be the division's top scorer.

Yet on planet Barney you think he will have been a terrible signing.

Yeah about that reasonable debate. Come back when you want to have one dickhead.

So we shouldn't conduct any business at all until we had a defender over the line? Then when that fell to bits for whatever reason we sign no one and gives you even more ammo to fire at the club "why didn't we sign anyone" "why were we only focussing on a defender"

Do you not get bored of been such a moronic troll?
That's why you have back-up options in that same position. We should have done everything we could have to get the two centre halves in. I'd imagine it's a huge rarity not to be able to sign anyone with targets and back-ups already established. And with the Sharp money to spend, things would have been made a notch easier on all accounts. I think you're being unreasonable when you propose a situation like that as if to assume high probability, given the unlikelihood.

You haven't been to a game since err, was it Millwall? Or was it before? No one is sure because even you aren't.

So you are in no position to judge who or what has constituted a good or bad signing for us to be honest.

However, what I do know is even taking into account you not going, from various opinions, match reports and actual saliant facts such as goals and assists, Billy Sharp has carried this team at times and is almost nailed on to be our player of the season, top scorer and there is a very good chance that he will be the division's top scorer.

Yet on planet Barney you think he will have been a terrible signing.

Yeah about that reasonable debate. Come back when you want to have one dickhead.
I've given the reasonable debate a chance. You've resorted to abuse.

I honestly don't think you're very bright.

The latter behaviour isn't particularly rife among such people.

That's why you have back-up options in that same position. We should have done everything we could have to get the two centre halves in. I'd imagine it's a huge rarity not to be able to sign anyone with targets and back-ups already established. And with the Sharp money to spend, things would have been made a notch easier on all accounts. I think you're being unreasonable when you propose a situation like that as if to assume high probability, given the unlikelihood.

I think your entire existence on this forum is unreasonable. Where have you got the information that if we hadn't signed Billy then we would have had more money to spend on targets or are you just making it up because it suits your agenda? Maybe when Adkins leaves you should apply for the job? You have all the skills and answers which would no doubt see us top of the premier league easily within 3 years

You really should close up your arsehole and give your mouth a chance.

I think your entire existence on this forum is unreasonable. Where have you got the information that if we hadn't signed Billy then we would have had more money to spend on targets or are you just making it up because it suits your agenda? Maybe when Adkins leaves you should apply for the job? You have all the skills and answers which would no doubt see us top of the premier league easily within 3 years

You really should close up your arsehole and give your mouth a chance.
Where have I stated we'd have had more than the Sharp money to spend if we hadn't have bought Sharp? The money we spent on Sharp could have been utilised efficiently and effectively to bring in two players in a position we needed to strengthen to more of an extent. The focus was in the wrong area.

Back
Top Bottom