McNulty at it again...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ungodly hour of the day and suddenly along comes Ricky to back up Trarny lad.

Hmm.

Barn you are to reasonable debate what Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is to feminism.

Where have I stated we'd have had more than the Sharp money to spend if we hadn't have bought Sharp? The money we spent on Sharp could have been utilised efficiently and effectively to bring in two players in a position we needed to strengthen to more of an extent. The focus was in the wrong area.

My point is. How do you know the focus was in the wrong area? If anything, the sharp transfer was a piece of piss, he wanted to come, we wanted him, Leeds were happy to sell, it could have been done and wrapped up in about an hour. How does that detract from the focus of trying to get a defender in? We were chasing the defenders we wanted for weeks but didn't get them done.

The money we spent on Sharp had zero impact on bringing in the defenders the boss wanted proven in the fact that a) we are still trying to get him and b) we have also since signed Hammond who is more than likely on crackers wages for this division. So the money and focus are both obviously there, so what exactly is your point?

Your arguments have about as many legs to stand on as Oscar Pistorious

My point is. How do you know the focus was in the wrong area? If anything, the sharp transfer was a piece of piss, he wanted to come, we wanted him, Leeds were happy to sell, it could have been done and wrapped up in about an hour. How does that detract from the focus of trying to get a defender in? We were chasing the defenders we wanted for weeks but didn't get them done.

The money we spent on Sharp had zero impact on bringing in the defenders the boss wanted proven in the fact that a) we are still trying to get him and b) we have also since signed Hammond who is more than likely on crackers wages for this division. So the money and focus are both obviously there, so what exactly is your point?

Your arguments have about as many legs to stand on as Oscar Pistorious
If the right amount of focus was there and in the right place, the likelihood is we'd have signed 2 centre halves before the start of the season but definitely by now. No two ways about it, it's as simple as that.

If the right amount of focus was there and in the right place, the likelihood is we'd have signed 2 centre halves before the start of the season but definitely by now. No two ways about it, it's as simple as that.

Got it. We should just for the sake of it have signed any two centre halves? Just to appease the likes of you? ( we signed one by the way, the Canadian national captain)

I like the approach of signing only people who will improve the team and squad and not the Clough approach of signing so many players that surely some of them have to turn out good, surely?

It could also be the much-loved (not) Curtis from Bladesmad. There's some striking similarities.
Theres always a Knobhead or two on forums, phone ins, and they tend to get the biggest reactions to their posts, which usually go against everything that the majority believe.

Hard to know who is genuine, but surely one or two posters on here are on the wind up, or Wendies.

Can`t believe someone who supports a club, could consistently stick the boot into their own club with every post, got to be a wind up, right?

Do you not have the ability to debate? If you don't, I'd rather not engage with such people on my level.

If you notice, I always give the reasonable two way debate a chance.

I wouldn't normally presume to speak on behalf of everybody on here (excluding Ricky in this case), but there is nobody on here with any ability to debate anything. Not Darren, not Walthy, not pommpey, not Silent, not sitwell, not judge, not Tyler Durden, or anybody else. We're all brain dead and you're wasting your time with such people, we're just not on your level.

Of course you give the two way debate a chance, but it's not a sensible use of your valuable time. It's been fun having you here, but a towering intellect such as yours is wasted, so it's probably best if you do a one way flounce this time.

Doing the job he gets paid for, scoring goals, not showing off with his mates in trendy nitespots....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/35289133

I'm sure someone will put me right but I don't see the logic in loaning out a proven goalscorer, who can score goals against (supposedly) superior opposition and on a regular basis and we loan a big striker who couldn't trap a bag of cement.

If his attitude is the problem then surely it's the managers job to manage him and get the best out of him.

Yep, that pushes him 2 ahead of Sammon for the season :)

Do you not have the ability to debate? If you don't, I'd rather not engage with such people on my level.

This is the poster who comes out with 'it's the end of the debate' statements ... the hallmark of someone who can't debate properly.

If you notice, I always give the reasonable two way debate a chance. Whenever you cross the line and start being an arse, well, I'll follow and return the favour. It works like that.

Again, for someone who steamrollers 'debate' and turns every Blades-based discussion on here into an inward facing 'me-me-me'-fest and strays from every original point made that's a rich statement you have made there.

The fact you've come out with that as a result of a disagreement leads me to think you can't handle a difference in opinion. Which invariably leads to a question of why you've chosen to come on an internet forum, where such things tend to be fairly rife.

I'm of the opinion the inability to reasonably debate a particular point is actually one of the strongest signs of a narrow mind. And narrow minds aren't exactly the strongest indicators of an intellectual brain.

You can't debate a point, Barney. You track the conversation, then roll in with a non-sequitar criticism usually based on the same theme, the management and their failing to sign what you see as the right players.

Here's your big opportunity to silence your detractors for good. Being as you are the big brain on football and Sheffield United, hold all the coaching badges and have an inside track on the club's finances and business complexity, why not give us credible evidence of who you would have ditched and signed were you Nigel Adkins within six weeks of your appointment. I'll give you a starting budget (gift) of £1m over the top of any players you can let go with their wage and appearance budgets, with a termination of contract fee of say, £15k per player on a remaining 2 year contract (and I am possibly being generous there). Sounds a bit 'FIFA16' but we'll leave the other complexities of agents and player harmony/injuries, the PFA, financial fair play and other background influences out of it.

No slavver. Cards on the table now. Try not to retort to ad hominem (because I will match you on that pound for pound on that) Here's your chance to show everyone you have the conkers to back up your words.

pommpey

For me, McNulty joins a pretty long list of players that could have had a good career at the Lane but, for whatever reason, never quite fulfilled the obvious potential that's there.

A real shame but as has been said, we have most likely seen the last of him in a Blades shirt.

Type of player I would have liked to see stick around tbh but that's life !!

UTB

Maybe we should scout the lower leagues for a goal scorer? ........ Hold on????!

For me, McNulty joins a pretty long list of players that could have had a good career at the Lane but, for whatever reason, never quite fulfilled the obvious potential that's there.

A real shame but as has been said, we have most likely seen the last of him in a Blades shirt.

Type of player I would have liked to see stick around tbh but that's life !!

UTB

Dunno if you saw his goal last night (it's all over the BBC South bulletins natch) but Ipshite's central two need sacking for letting titch McNulty get between them. Even Collins and Nosworthy would have done better.

pommpey

I know you are oblivious to TerryKennedy's ongoing, long term, career threatening knee problems but based on your belief on the other thread that he should be playing regularly - based on you last seeing him last season - why would you want us to sign two CB's when you already believe we have one at the club already that's more than good enough for the first team?

I fully agree I would have liked to have signed another centre half this summer. However it was blatently obvious that we also needed a Doyle replacement, a box to box midfielder and strikers.

I wanted the centre half in as well as Sharp, not instead of. I don't at any point think it was an either or choice.

Especially now, seeing what Sharp brings to the team (oh sorry, you don't do you) along with his passion and desire for this club, added to his goals - for you to continue to try to assertain he is a poor signing leads to one of three options:

1. You are thick as pig shit. (I don't think that is true)

2. You aren't a Blade. (I have my doubts)

3. You are a total troll and wind up merchant who gets kicks out of making unnecessarily negative or controversial points in order to be the centre of attention and give your ego a massage, probably due to a deep seated feeling of insecurity and lonliness. You are probably ginger. A bit like this forum's Adrian Durham.

I'm going with 3.

Or 4. Foxy and Linz are planning on selling advertising space on the site (a la bladesmad) but before doing so, decided they needed to increase the traffic on the site. Therefore, having seen how RS use caricatures like Brian the Blade and Mark the Pitsmoor Pilllock they created a character called Barney who would post the most ridiculous nonsense they could think of to spark outrage and discussion.

Difference of opinion = TROLL!

Lot of man babies on here.

Do you honestly believe that Barney is posting genuinely held opinions? Or do you think it’s more likely he’s just attention seeking?

I've said it all along, Done, McNulty and Che would have been enough of a strike force for this league. Sammon and Sharp were both unnecessary. McNulty is a natural finisher, he might be having a bit of an attitude problem but it isn't out of the ordinary when you're having to deal with professional footballers as young as he is. It's for the manager to identify and nurture.

You're a complete bell.

Sharp is the 2nd top scorer in the division, Mcnulty wouldnt be in the top 10

I fully agree I would have liked to have signed another centre half this summer. However it was blatently obvious that we also needed a Doyle replacement, a box to box midfielder and strikers.

I wanted the centre half in as well as Sharp, not instead of. I don't at any point think it was an either or choice.

Especially now, seeing what Sharp brings to the team (oh sorry, you don't do you) along with his passion and desire for this club, added to his goals - for you to continue to try to assertain he is a poor signing leads to one of three options:

1. You are thick as pig shit. (I don't think that is true)

2. You aren't a Blade. (I have my doubts)

3. You are a total troll and wind up merchant who gets kicks out of making unnecessarily negative or controversial points in order to be the centre of attention and give your ego a massage, probably due to a deep seated feeling of insecurity and lonliness. You are probably ginger. A bit like this forum's Adrian Durham.

I'm going with 3.

Presume this is about Barney - have put the nobhead on ignore, but keep up the good work for the 50% that have him on ignore.

As for Mcnulty - he should be brought back, but in the end we have to trust Adkins - bit harsh with this fella as it WILL come back to haunt us.

UTB

Or 4. Foxy and Linz are planning on selling advertising space on the site (a la bladesmad) but before doing so, decided they needed to increase the traffic on the site. Therefore, having seen how RS use caricatures like Brian the Blade and Mark the Pitsmoor Pilllock they created a character called Barney who would post the most ridiculous nonsense they could think of to spark outrage and discussion.
That's odd I was thinking yesterday that if I had a message board I'd want someone like Barney on it to attract traffic. If it was any other board than this I'd have been convinced that Barney was a plant.

I rate McNulty as much as the next man but I'd rather Billy all day long over McNulty and they'er very similar. Yes having McNult off the bench would be my preference or starting him with Billy to see how it goes but ideally I'd like someone totally different to Billy and McNulty like Ajose or a decent target man, neither of which McNulty is. Its kinda easy for us to forget that he did have many opportunities last season to prove himself when he started and he usually failed, although Clough didn't seem to help much with his management, but maybe McNulty is a cocky so and so for all I know and he needs bringing down a peg or two. If we sign some dog turn forward during January then I think we have reason to question McNulty's loan extension.

Do you honestly believe that Barney is posting genuinely held opinions? Or do you think it’s more likely he’s just attention seeking?
So let me get this straight.

Thinking it was unnecessary to spend £500k on a player in a position that wasn't even top priority means I'm a liar, attention seeking, my opinions aren't genuine as well as many other things, no doubt?

Just take a minute to think about how unbelievably ridiculous you sound.

Thinking it was unnecessary to spend £500k on a player in a position that wasn't even top priority means I'm a liar, attention seeking, my opinions aren't genuine as well as many other things, no doubt?

Have you had your tea yet ?

Barney. That's not quite what I said is it. What I was getting at is that you are one of these ridiculous knee jerk fans who calls for the managers head after a couple of months. Then, you seem to revel in the ridicule of opprobrium that brings your way so you make ridiculous arguments to try to further emphasise that opinion and repeat it over and over again for no reason other than to get attention. We all know full well you don't like Adkins. We all know full well you think his recruitment has been bad. You yourself have flip-flopped around a bit about whether Sharp is in or out of his list of bad signings and now seem to have devised a way to say that even though he is good he's a bad signing. You then just repeat the same old ridiculous "opinions" over and over again and for the life of me, I can't see any other reason for such repetition than attention seeking. We know your opinion. You know how those specific opinions are viewed on here yet you just repeat them ad infinitum with little or no variation. When the reasonableness of the opinions is challenged with points you can't overcome you just don't respond and continue to present your guesses as to priorities, what went on behind the scenes etc. as fact.

Regarding the cost, it's all relative isn't it? Phipps told all who would listen that the money spent on Sharp, Sammon and Woolford would not stop us going out and buying defenders. Then he said the only reason it didn't happen was down to complications at the selling club's end. That makes these new assertions of out before in all the more strange.

I rate McNulty as much as the next man but I'd rather Billy all day long over McNulty and they'er very similar. Yes having McNult off the bench would be my preference or starting him with Billy to see how it goes but ideally I'd like someone totally different to Billy and McNulty like Ajose or a decent target man, neither of which McNulty is. Its kinda easy for us to forget that he did have many opportunities last season to prove himself when he started and he usually failed, although Clough didn't seem to help much with his management, but maybe McNulty is a cocky so and so for all I know and he needs bringing down a peg or two. If we sign some dog turn forward during January then I think we have reason to question McNulty's loan extension.
Don't know if it's cos
1) he's getting picked to start every game now
2) that he's found his level in L2
3) he just didn't settle in Sheffield
4) summat else

but he is finding the net on a regular basis now. Re 1) - think Clough once gave him 3 straight starts last season in which he scored once (in the 5-2 loss at Swindon) but that was it.

Barney, I fink u need two exp... expa... explu... tell us y u dont lyke Sharpey. I doughnt underrrr...erm...get it?

Quickly becoming Barney's catchphrase. Added to other WUM cliche favourites of the past such as 'it's not rocket science', 'NGE' and 'mad with rage'.

Glad your on Barn, had a couple of whiskies last night so apologies for calling you a dickhead. No need for that from me, though your arguments and opinions are/were total bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom