Something that Warnock got right.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

But if we had been managed but him in any of the four previous seasons we have be down here then we would now be back in The Championship of that I have no doubt.

It's true.

yes I reckon that might have worked. Giving it to McEveley, a player not popular with the fans and too low in confidence to rise above that, was a mistake.

It might be unorthodox or unfashionable to give a striker the armband however for me Billy Sharp is the only player who has warranted the captains armband in that squad this year.

As a striker Billy is always going to be measured on how many times he sticks the ball in the back of the net but I seriously feel for him because other than the odd blinding pass this season, he hasn't really had much service and support behind him. Despite this though he hasn't dropped his head what so ever, his work rate has been second to none with his tracking back to mop up and do the dirty work. Only problem is that every time he has to come back and defend, we have nobody up top to do the dirty work in chasing the ball down which is something else that Billy Sharp has done fantastically this season.

If only we had another half a dozen or so more players who could put in the same amount of passion and workrate as Billy does each week, we would be laughing.

yes I reckon that might have worked. Giving it to McEveley, a player not popular with the fans and too low in confidence to rise above that, was a mistake.
Thank god it didn't go to Collins. Perhaps it should go to Baxter:eek:.

Think you've hit the nail on the head there, he needed to give it to someone popular. Perhaps Billy would've been the best option until he bought someone

'You will miss me when Im gone' Something else Warnock got right.

It wasn't letting his contract expire that was the mistake, it was the pick that followed him. Had we got that right we would have been back in the Premiership next season. For fucks sake even the limited Blackwell made a half decent fist of it.

Watching QPR tonight, I miss the guy. Honestly I really shouldn't as we should be in a position where his influence and respect is that of nostalgia. Unfortunately in Adkins we have dropped a great manager and honestly a lovely person into a shit heap. He knows full well that this sorry piece of shit isn't good enough for promotion, what can he do? His hands are probably tied, sorry but if you want Cloughie back or think he wasn't too bad then you must want the abundance of East Midlands casualty patients plus a few wannabe Frank Macavennies to lace this club. This is Nigel Clough's squad, the board sanctioned it, we reaped it.

Warnock as an adviser/ dof would be perfect with Adkins, no bullshit, no fucking egos both pure footballing thinking people. But obviously with our board they both have no idea of property and our board wouldn't sanction it. I don't think Neil would be a hindrance, I like Nigel I just think it's not fair, you don't succeed without something. If anyone thinks his progression with Southampton was down to his squad the I raise you Brian Robson etc.

I miss Warnock but I firmly believe we stick by Nigel we wont in the future.

It might be unorthodox or unfashionable to give a striker the armband however for me Billy Sharp is the only player who has warranted the captains armband in that squad this year.

As a striker Billy is always going to be measured on how many times he sticks the ball in the back of the net but I seriously feel for him because other than the odd blinding pass this season, he hasn't really had much service and support behind him. Despite this though he hasn't dropped his head what so ever, his work rate has been second to none with his tracking back to mop up and do the dirty work. Only problem is that every time he has to come back and defend, we have nobody up top to do the dirty work in chasing the ball down which is something else that Billy Sharp has done fantastically this season.

If only we had another half a dozen or so more players who could put in the same amount of passion and workrate as Billy does each week, we would be laughing.

yeah think I might agree with that. One of the callers to RS last night said he thought Billy was putting himself under too much pressure now to make this work third time around which seemed to make sense. If that's the case I wish he'd cut himself a bit of slack and relax a bit and maybe the goals will come again - cos as you say his work rate is second to nobody in that team.

The likes of you and Sean Bean are a big part of the problem.
Ahh, shitters, thanks mate, ill tell sean to login and reply as well...shall I get paul to reply as well......
nice to see your sparkling wit and repartee is still at paper boy level....

Watching QPR tonight, I miss the guy. Honestly I really shouldn't as we should be in a position where his influence and respect is that of nostalgia. Unfortunately in Adkins we have dropped a great manager and honestly a lovely person into a shit heap. He knows full well that this sorry piece of shit isn't good enough for promotion, what can he do? His hands are probably tied, sorry but if you want Cloughie back or think he wasn't too bad then you must want the abundance of East Midlands casualty patients plus a few wannabe Frank Macavennies to lace this club. This is Nigel Clough's squad, the board sanctioned it, we reaped it.

Warnock as an adviser/ dof would be perfect with Adkins, no bullshit, no fucking egos both pure footballing thinking people. But obviously with our board they both have no idea of property and our board wouldn't sanction it. I don't think Neil would be a hindrance, I like Nigel I just think it's not fair, you don't succeed without something. If anyone thinks his progression with Southampton was down to his squad the I raise you Brian Robson etc.

I miss Warnock but I firmly believe we stick by Nigel we wont in the future.

Warnock - no ego? Really?

Ahh, shitters, thanks mate, ill tell sean to login and reply as well...shall I get paul to reply as well......
nice to see your sparkling wit and repartee is still at paper boy level....
Shitters ,how long did it take you to think of that one ? Well done you ,but its about 12 years too late.

Have just watched the Warnock documentary, the piece that resonated was when him & Morgan were going toe to toe over Lescott's last minute equaliser - superb, made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up kind of stuff.

Obviously not privy to the dressing room goings on under the current manager, but suspect it's nothing like that.

Passion & commitment over used words in football but sadly lacking at the moment in S2.

I bet Sir Neil would get this team playing. Billy Sharp would be the first on his way.

Well, i was using it 12 years ago so no change....numpty
Ooh Numpty now ,did your Mum help you to spell that ?
It was so shit under Warnock ,wasn't it ,30k crowds ,Kenny ,Jags , Brownie ,premier league ,cup runs last minute winners. Much better now with Long ,Magahey, and Woolford ,moaning declining crowds ,3rd division ,out of the cups ,pulling a goal back to only lose 4-2 at home to the mighty Shrewsbury.
Yes what a cunt that Warnock was ,thank god for Sean Bean and yourself ,what heroes.

Ooh Numpty now ,did your Mum help you to spell that ?
It was so shit under Warnock ,wasn't it ,30k crowds ,Kenny ,Jags , Brownie ,premier league ,cup runs last minute winners. Much better now with Long ,Magahey, and Woolford ,moaning declining crowds ,3rd division ,out of the cups ,pulling a goal back to only lose 4-2 at home to the mighty Shrewsbury.
Yes what a cunt that Warnock was ,thank god for Sean Bean and yourself ,what heroes.

Personal opinions dear boy..Warnock era was ok but didnt like the bloke, or his style of football...Hooooooooooooooooooooffffffff..oh, and dont forget the bad bits as well..Millwall at home..dreadful..left at half time in that one. Lots of turgid one diemnsional football.....

And yes, its crap now, but think back and ill guarentee if you read the boards from way back, Warnock was slated on a regular basis by a lot of people

And glad Im a hero of yours, gives me a little glow in the pee pee department...
Oh, and remind me, where were we when he came and when he left.......same place.

Oh and youre still a keyboard warrior..a shit one..but keeping going i see.

Warnock as an adviser/ dof would be perfect with Adkins, no bullshit, no fucking egos both pure footballing thinking people.

I was a big fan of NW, still am really, but such a scenario is completely unworkable. No manager with any sense would agree to be advised by a guy that would want to be involved (I.e. Interfere) as much as Warnock would. There's also the underlying effect that any rough patch would be met with pressure from fans to "give Warnock the job", made far easier to contemplate if he was already involved with the club. It's quite clear at QPR they always intended to activate Warnock if Ramsey's results didn't improve.

Interesting to see that a fair few QPR fans would have preferred him to stay on to the summer rather than bring JFH in now.

I was a big fan of NW, still am really, but such a scenario is completely unworkable. No manager with any sense would agree to be advised by a guy that would want to be involved (I.e. Interfere) as much as Warnock would. There's also the underlying effect that any rough patch would be met with pressure from fans to "give Warnock the job", made far easier to contemplate if he was already involved with the club. It's quite clear at QPR they always intended to activate Warnock if Ramsey's results didn't improve.

Interesting to see that a fair few QPR fans would have preferred him to stay on to the summer rather than bring JFH in now.

I'll be honest, I can't remember posting that last night. I think I got quite sentimental and it was annoying because we should be in a position where discussion of having Warnock back is null.

Personal opinions dear boy..Warnock era was ok but didnt like the bloke, or his style of football...Hooooooooooooooooooooffffffff..oh, and dont forget the bad bits as well..Millwall at home..dreadful..left at half time in that one. Lots of turgid one diemnsional football.....

And yes, its crap now, but think back and ill guarentee if you read the boards from way back, Warnock was slated on a regular basis by a lot of people

And glad Im a hero of yours, gives me a little glow in the pee pee department...
Oh, and remind me, where were we when he came and when he left.......same place.

Oh and youre still a keyboard warrior..a shit one..but keeping going i see.
Some will slate whoever in charge. The football was so much more exciting than it is now ,that's why he tripled our crowds ,and the club was miles from where we were when he came ,light years. As for the name calling ,Shitters ,numpty ,keyboard warrior ,is that your best shot ? I like Poo poo face ,that's a good one.

Some will slate whoever in charge. The football was so much more exciting than it is now ,that's why he tripled our crowds ,and the club was miles from where we were when he came ,light years. As for the name calling ,Shitters ,numpty ,keyboard warrior ,is that your best shot ? I like Poo poo face ,that's a good one.
A strange liking for the bottom department...interesting...

Are you honestly saying that Warnocks football was more exciting..it was unbridled hoof....hated it.

If he had let the players we had play, we would have got promoted earlier, and maybe even have stayed up that fateful season.

So, if you lurve Warnock, you must adore Blackwell...

Trader Blade is back?

The three best periods in my time as a Blade have been the John Harris, Dave Bassett and Neil Warnock eras. Each set of players from all those times bonded together on and off the pitch. The players seemed to have 100% respect for their respective managers.

The apparent behaviour of some of our current bunch seem to indicate there is a lack of respect for the present manager.

But there we are. I suppose we should be grateful it's not as bad as our times in the Fourth division.

I think that boils down the charisma of the manager. Dave Bassett’s team beat him up on the bus and stripped him down to his pants making him travel home like that but they still respected his authority on all things football. Neil Warnock’s players took the piss out of him but respected his authority and respected each other. It doesn’t always work though. Look at Bassett’s time at Watford. That doesn’t make him a bad manager. He was the wrong fit for the dressing room he inherited which I suspect is the case with Adkins. He needs to be given the time to implement his ethos and to put together a dressing room that buys into that.

A strange liking for the bottom department...interesting...

Are you honestly saying that Warnocks football was more exciting..it was unbridled hoof....hated it.

If he had let the players we had play, we would have got promoted earlier, and maybe even have stayed up that fateful season.

So, if you lurve Warnock, you must adore Blackwell...

If you want to call it unbridaled hoof then fair enough but I for one would love to see that energetic, direct unbridaled hoof over the turgid shite weve had since we tried to play 'football'.

You're right, of course. It seems that Phipps et al didn't like the way clough wanted complete autonomy on football matters.

Didn't Harry even pay some of Hodges transfer fee/ wages or something like that

It was Brian Gayle. He was given the go ahead to do the deal only to be told at the last minute the funds weren’t available so he had to take out a loan against his house to get the deal through and got it back later.

I think that boils down the charisma of the manager. Dave Bassett’s team beat him up on the bus and stripped him down to his pants making him travel home like that but they still respected his authority on all things football. .

I remember Brain Marwood was saying how surprised he was on his first away trip after signing for the Blades. The players were doing practical jokes on Bassett in the coach journey and I think in the end Bassett had flour all over his head but he was still laughing it off. Marwood said George Graham wouldnt have allowed that kind of thing.

If you want to call it unbridaled hoof then fair enough but I for one would love to see that energetic, direct unbridaled hoof over the turgid shite weve had since we tried to play 'football'.
I've been hoping for something to happen in resp
I think that boils down the charisma of the manager. Dave Bassett’s team beat him up on the bus and stripped him down to his pants making him travel home like that but they still respected his authority on all things football. Neil Warnock’s players took the piss out of him but respected his authority and respected each other. It doesn’t always work though. Look at Bassett’s time at Watford. That doesn’t make him a bad manager. He was the wrong fit for the dressing room he inherited which I suspect is the case with Adkins. He needs to be given the time to implement his ethos and to put together a dressing room that buys into that.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but last Friday evening you attended an evening with Neil Warnock, who due to personal reasons didn't attend but Kevin MCCabe was present?

This surprises me and got me thinking - was under the impression NW & KMc had had a spat after relegation from the Prem & all Comms were off.

Intriguing.

I've been hoping for something to happen in resp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but last Friday evening you attended an evening with Neil Warnock, who due to personal reasons didn't attend but Kevin MCCabe was present?

This surprises me and got me thinking - was under the impression NW & KMc had had a spat after relegation from the Prem & all Comms were off.

Intriguing.

Yeah I don't think they exactly see eye to eye. I don't know if Kev was meant to be speaking when Warnock was going to be there or if he stood in after Neil cancelled. The flyers said Neil Warnock plus guests but we ended up with McCabe doing a little intro and then Koz, Brown and Morgs being on the stage for the rest of the evening.

Back
Top Bottom