CONFIRMED Nigel Adkins is announced as new Sheffield United Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I assume he is on board because SUFC directors have confirmed he will be backed with sufficient funds to get us the players we need to accelerate our departure from league one, and beyond.

I hope this is the reason why we have been able to secure his services. Can't see any other way of being able to persuade him to come, I just hope this is the case. With his style of play I can see attendances into the 20k+ for the season which should put us in the driving seat, especially with an attacking style of play and a striker over five and a half feet tall.

Great appointment & sets the stall out now for the future of our club. A guy respected in football for the right reasons & have enjoyed listening to him talk about the game, looking forward to the new season now. Not nice to loose your job but I think this appointment makes the decision worth while now

I think the vast majority of Blades will be happy with this appointment. The board have done what we all wanted, a heavyweight manager who could have held out for a job in the Championship at least.

I assume he is on board because SUFC directors have confirmed he will be backed with sufficient funds to get us the players we need to accelerate our departure from league one, and beyond.

This was NOT the cheap option, this is the serious option.

This is the new Sheffield United.

UTB.

Just read this post to Nigel. He seemed rather pleased. Told me that Bobby Campbell once hitchhiked home from a game in London.

giphy.gif

GET IN! Well done Blades!

Just read this post to Nigel. He seemed rather pleased. Told me that Bobby Campbell once hitchhiked home from a game in London.
He played with Bobby Campbell then ?

He must have some stories then ....................

I'm pleased he's pleased, he'll be good for us.

So, as underwhelmed as I was when Clough was appointed, I should put on record how overwhelmed I am by this one.

I think Adkins was a country mile in front of the other contenders, relatively speaking.

Well done all at Sheffield United with this one. At last, a manager we can and should have some real faith in.

I'm going to get drunk tonight.

:)

UTB

I'm crossing everything that this one turns out to be 'The One'. Too many years in the wilderness.

UTB!

Can't help but think that this appointment was more than a little bit pre meditated prior to Cloughs sacking.

Be gobsmacked if Adkins wasn't "approached" some weeks ago just in case !!

Anyway, good luck Nigel. I hope you don't need it !!

UTB

Just reading through this and imagining how the feeling would have been if they had unveiled Phil Parkinson!

He took the saints up in their changed kit of white when in league one too. Spookily similar... This is our year!!

Did you manage to cadge a lift off him?

Right. Can we please, PLEASE quit with the sarcastic "game changing investment" bullshit?

Here, here.

The board put some serious money up to bring in Clough, and his merry men in tow, to get the infrastructure of the club right. He had complete autonomy and unfortunately his stubbornness and lack of ambition meant he turned out to be the wrong man to have in that position, so the board had to stump up again to pay them all off. The cheap move would be to have kept his contract ticking over.

I was happy with the Clough appointment, but I am delighted with the Adkins one. Adkins was not the cheap option, but he was the right one within our means.

I also think that the 3 year contract is an assurance to everyone that sacking a Manager within 18 months is not how they want to run the club. Instead they want to afford their time, patience and money to the right person...and I am convinced they just got him.

Fantastic appointment. Ticks every box of what we require. No guarantees of course but I think this time the Board have done everything possible to give us the best possible chance. Cannot remember being as enthused about a manager appointment since Dave Bassett.

Good shout . Adkins can be serious but also will have a laugh . The appointment has brought a smile back on our faces . Good start and great appointment . Board showing strength and leadership . Down to business , and i can see a lot of comings and goings . The bloke will , i am sure win over the players , and more important the tea and laundry ladies.

Always UTB

Aaaawesooomme vid! I recognise Robert Downey Jr., but what's the guy from 'Cars that Rock' doing in there? :D
AC/DC frontman that's where he makes his money, he went to the USA drove a tweaked Tom Petty Mustang and bought it there and then for $60,000 in one episode. :D the lucky bastard.

Last edited:
At least we will not have to learn any new words for the song;

"Nigel, gives us a wave, Nigel, Nigel give us a wave......................."

HH

Back
Top Bottom