CONFIRMED Nigel Adkins is announced as new Sheffield United Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barney

Reaction score
4/1 with most bookies.

Cannot see why we wouldn't appoint him.
Many achievements of promotion from this league.

Just a case of whether he wants to come to us i suppose

Or whether we've actually made a move for him. Didn't someone on here say we'd been talking with Billy Davies? Also, before Uwe Rosler went to Leeds he was visiting a lot.
Based on them being the level we are aiming at I am not expecting anyone decent like Adkins.

4/1 with most bookies.

Cannot see why we wouldn't appoint him.
Many achievements of promotion from this league.

Just a case of whether he wants to come to us i suppose

He would be my choice. He helped make Southampton the club they are now. I was surprised when Southampton let him go.

Or whether we've actually made a move for him. Didn't someone on here say we'd been talking with Billy Davies? Also, before Uwe Rosler went to Leeds he was visiting a lot.
Based on them being the level we are aiming at I am not expecting anyone decent like Adkins.
Yeah rumours never hurt, not to say i agreed with them, nor believed them.
I and many others would much prefer Adkins i'd expect.

Yeah rumours never hurt, not to say i agreed with them, nor believed them.
I and many others would much prefer Adkins i'd expect.
True, they were only rumours but still, not an encouraging sign. I hope it is him or McDermott personally, just someone who plays exciting football that can get us out of this league, ideally in 1st place.

Adkins would hopefully bring some of our young players on - like Murphy, Baxter (after the ban), Scougs, Reedy, Adams, Freeman.

However, he could get a Championship job - so not holding my breath.

Adkins would hopefully bring some of our young players on - like Murphy, Baxter (after the ban), Scougs, Reedy, Adams, Freeman.

However, he could get a Championship job - so not holding my breath.
I think many championship clubs would view adkins on the disappointment he had at reading.

Adkins , I just dont see as a good fit here, hes an apologist sort of manager , we needs a ballsy Im doing it my way cos its right guy

Adkins , I just dont see as a good fit here, hes an apologist sort of manager , we needs a ballsy Im doing it my way cos its right guy

Some of your best stuff here BTL - one for the annals. Did Adkins apologise for the multiple promotions he's achieved? For the international players he helped develop? For the clubs he helped to grow?

Bewildering stuff.

In my humble opinion Adkins assisted by Redfearn sounds good

I'm rather annoyed with United taking this long to make a flaming decision ...

However, now they have, the list of possibilities is not filling me with confidence.

I've read a bit about Deano in Norway and that'd be an interesting one. 8/1 with Sky Bet. Anybody know how his team in Norway have played? Attacking football, I'd hope!

Adkins - did nobody see Reading over the last couple of years?

Ferguson - has nobody seen Peterbrough over the last couple of years?

Poyet - Sunderland were woeful and defensive minded under him.

Looking at the shorter odds, there are several there that fill me with fear. Morgan - nope. Warnock - backwards move.

Deano is the interesting one but Redfearn also 8/1. Maybe see what could he do with some backing from the board rather than the strife he's had with the Dirties?

I'm rather annoyed with United taking this long to make a flaming decision ...

However, now they have, the list of possibilities is not filling me with confidence.

I've read a bit about Deano in Norway and that'd be an interesting one. 8/1 with Sky Bet. Anybody know how his team in Norway have played? Attacking football, I'd hope!

Adkins - did nobody see Reading over the last couple of years?

Ferguson - has nobody seen Peterbrough over the last couple of years?

Poyet - Sunderland were woeful and defensive minded under him.

Looking at the shorter odds, there are several there that fill me with fear. Morgan - nope. Warnock - backwards move.

Deano is the interesting one but Redfearn also 8/1. Maybe see what could he do with some backing from the board rather than the strife he's had with the Dirties?
So basically managers are only as good as there last job and forget the good stuff they've done before?

Redfearn? REDFEARN?

We aint in a position for risks. Also, as much as I'd be happy with Adkins, we shouldn't limit ourselves to unemployed managers.

Back
Top Bottom