CONFIRMED Nigel Adkins is announced as new Sheffield United Manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

https://thelongballtactic.wordpress.com/2010/09/12/what-kind-of-manager-is-nigel-adkins/

It's quite old and it's about his time at Scunthorpe but this is quite a good read on which tactic(s) Nigel Adkins (if appointed) may decide to use & the type of players he'll want to bring in *cough* Billy Sharp *cough* and those he'll wish to keep.

Great article which includes this ...

"Fortunately for the Iron a ready-made replacement for Keogh was found in Jermaine Beckford, who partnered Sharp for the rest of the year after arriving on loan from Leeds."

Now that partnership I'd like to see!

Great article which includes this ...

"Fortunately for the Iron a ready-made replacement for Keogh was found in Jermaine Beckford, who partnered Sharp for the rest of the year after arriving on loan from Leeds."

Now that partnership I'd like to see!

If only! Aaah Beckford reminds me of this goal in his short spell at Scunny

Three year contract, no less

From Blades site

PUBLISHED

17:00 2nd June 2015

Nigel Adkins has agreed a three-year contract to become Sheffield United's new first-team manager.

The 50-year-old, who has won promotion from League One on three occasions, twice with Scunthorpe United and most recently with Southampton, will be joined at Bramall Lane by Andy Crosby (Assistant Manager) and Dean Wilkins (First-Team Coach).

The incoming trio will work alongside the existing backroom staff already contracted to the Club and will commence their roles with immediate effect.

Nigel met local and national media at a press conference in London on Tuesday afternoon.

Read more at http://www.sufc.co.uk/news/article/sheffield-united-2478980.aspx#5bqBIHfoTRLcAXK3.99

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Ok I'll say again... Well done jim and co great appointment.

Roll on next season.

right.... Next thread and repeat ;)

Well done Metal. Great choice. I was bouncing round my front room like the old guy on the balcony in Rita, Sue and Bob too :D

Very pleased with this. As I've already said, he is the stand-out candidate that has escaped this league where the expectation and pressure has been enormous.

I said my reaction to the Clough sacking at the time, which I hadn't called for, would be determined by his replacement. With this appointment, I think it looks like a brilliant decision.

I think the vast majority of Blades will be happy with this appointment. The board have done what we all wanted, a heavyweight manager who could have held out for a job in the Championship at least.

I assume he is on board because SUFC directors have confirmed he will be backed with sufficient funds to get us the players we need to accelerate our departure from league one, and beyond.

This was NOT the cheap option, this is the serious option.

This is the new Sheffield United.

UTB.

Absolutely brilliant appointment. Can't wait for him to sort our squad out.

Back
Top Bottom