2015/16 Home Kit

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hahahaha some of the over reactions on here are unbelievable.

It's like when I wont let my daughter wear her frozen coat because it's too hot and she has a mini meltdown over it because her rain mac doesn't have Elsa on it.

I think the majority of people I have seen accross all social media like it, I certainly like it. It will be for 12 months and it's good to have a change, just wish they had gone with black shorts.

Football is about income generation - That kit will not make money in the numbers required.

It will be a disaster, and the clubs finances will suffer. The noise or lack of it from the ground when it was unveiled TOLD it's own story an eerie silence from most.

Perhaps we should revisit in a months time.

UTB

We are Sheffield United not Real Madrid. I doubt if we sold zero copies if the shirt it would make that serious a dent in our income streams.

And actually I have seen many, many people who have not bought a shirt for ages say they will get it. I think you are going a tiny little bit over the top based on the fact you don't like it.

Football is about income generation - That kit will not make money in the numbers required.

It will be a disaster, and the clubs finances will suffer. The noise or lack of it from the ground when it was unveiled TOLD it's own story an eerie silence from most.

Perhaps we should revisit in a months time.

UTB
Disaster is a bit of an overreaction isn't it? I've not bought a kit in years but will get this one precisely because it's a bit different. It will do well enough in my opinion and If we have a bit of success in it, it will sell like hotcakes

We've won a good and kept a clean sheet, it's a good job we released the kit today of people would have zilch to moan about.

The new shirt has the new logo on it?

it doesn't, at least not yet...look at the photo of Murphy that is posted a few pages back.... if you ordered it, better hang fire till you know you getting the version of Holland's logo put together by a proper graphic designer and not the one the owner's wife did with some Letraset®.

From what I've read and heard, the vast majority don't like it. Personally I think it would have been ok as an away kit - but is a shocking choice for a home kit. At the match it just looked like a white shirt as the red pin strip is too fine to see from the stands. And red shorts look awful.

I think the club should have sought views on a few options from us fans beforehand.

We are Sheffield United not Real Madrid. I doubt if we sold zero copies if the shirt it would make that serious a dent in our income streams.

And actually I have seen many, many people who have not bought a shirt for ages say they will get it. I think you are going a tiny little bit over the top based on the fact you don't like it.

We play in Red & White stripes, not a white shirt - couldn't quite see the pin stripes from row OO in SS.

As for over the top - we can revisit this later when sales are disappointing - I can wait on that one.

UTB

it doesn't, at least not yet...look at the photo of Murphy that is posted a few pages back.... if you ordered it, better hang fire till you know you getting the version of Holland's logo put together by a proper graphic designer and not the one the owner's wife did with some Letraset®.
Ah yes, didn't notice that. I'll hold off the pre-order then.

We play in Red & White stripes, not a white shirt - couldn't quite see the pin stripes from row OO in SS.

As for over the top - we can revisit this later when sales are disappointing - I can wait on that one.

UTB
Whether you can see them or not is pretty irrelevant to the argument isnt it? It's red and white stripes regardless of the thickness of the stripes, it's a doff of the cap to our history to end the celebrations of 125 years as a club, I would be willing to wager money that it sells just as well as this seasons kit.

UTB

It is red and white stripes.

I love it and we will be playing in it. So there :)

Disaster is a bit of an overreaction isn't it? I've not bought a kit in years but will get this one precisely because it's a bit different. It will do well enough in my opinion and If we have a bit of success in it, it will sell like hotcakes

and the deathly silence when it unveiled? THE GCP sounded rather quiet as well - just seemed a poor acceptance.

time will tell if it is a success or not - I can wait, and please remind me if it is - I will be the first to apologise.

UTB

Whether you can see them or not is pretty irrelevant to the argument isnt it? It's red and white stripes regardless of the thickness of the stripes, it's a doff of the cap to our history to end the celebrations of 125 years as a club, I would be willing to wager money that it sells just as well as this seasons kit.

You don't have to wager money - just go and buy one.

We have moved a long way from our tradition - irrespective of whether we once played in it - Man U used to play in green and yellow.

UTB

Gary Sinclair has given his opinion on it on Facebook, he doesn't like it.

Seeing a lot of hate for it, wouldn't be surprised to see it become the away shirt instead.
Think the adverts in printed media and on the club shop site will be the ones that are for sale, I imagine the ones worn today were made a few weeks back.
You would assume so. Like you say, the ones they wore today will have been made before John Holland changed their logo.

Gary Sinclair has given his opinion on it on Facebook, he doesn't like it.

Seeing a lot of hate for it, wouldn't be surprised to see it become the away shirt instead.

You would assume so. Like you say, the ones they wore today will have been made before John Holland changed their logo.
You do know ..... Rachel wouldn't wear it

When we last played in white and red pinstripes we dominated English football and won many honours. I think it's beautiful.

No we didn't. The photo of us wearing a kit like that is from 1891-92 when we were in the Midland League. The next extant team photo is from 1894-95 when we were wearing broad red and white stripes, which we have worn ever since (79-81 and 2015-16 apart). Our glory years were 1897-1902.

Back
Top Bottom