Cannon?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think it was 5m + add ons. But once you factor in the saving of the wage youre probably about 6m and add ons at which point surely you can justify it. Just make the add ons performance based if we’re convinced he’ll score goals at a Stoke. Either way I don’t see how he’s triggered any add ons to Leicester unless they were appearance based.

Even at £5m + add ons, I'd have taken it... but I'm probably living in a fantasy land that it would have been reinvested in the playing squad.

Even still, stick it towards Dore or something?
Give Oné those minutes or Jevan Beattie.
 



I wonder how many goals he has to get before people still think we needed to offload and just not have anyone in his place as we weren’t going to invest in the squad but be better to fill a dark void rather than a squad member. I have said for a while that he isn’t the greatest of players but in given the right opportunities he can and does score.
 
I wonder how many goals he has to get before people still think we needed to offload and just not have anyone in his place as we weren’t going to invest in the squad but be better to fill a dark void rather than a squad member. I have said for a while that he isn’t the greatest of players but in given the right opportunities he can and does score.
Started 4 games. 3 goals in those games. If we can get 14/15 goals from him and bamford chips in we will be in a good spot tbf
 
Play the ball to him on the floor you’ve got a player. Smash it at him or over him or get him to chase lost causes is a waste of a player in the 11.
This this and this again… when you see goal compilations, he is always running onto a ball or a ball into feet
 
Very good game tonight.
He was actually a nuisance to their defenders.
Much stronger, much better in the air and looked destined to slide in that first goal. He even beat a few men with the ball at his feet.
Easily his best performance to date in my eyes.
 
He’s looked decent this year. Like an actual decent chamionshop footballer, which is a disappointment considering what was expected of him when he was signed but is a massive improvement from last year. We’ll need him and others to improve upon last years showings if we are to have an acceptable season.
 



Credit where it’s due. If he keeps scoring and putting the effort in he will win people round.

I don’t think anyone doubted he could finish but if he can improve the rest of his game he could have an impact on the season. He’s done better at winning balls in the air recently it seems.

Hope he can come good.
 
He's been a bit unlucky in as much as when he unleashes a big shot, it tends to hit a defender and end up ricocheting half way back up the pitch.

I'm fine with him chipping the keeper or scoring from a tight angle, like tonight, but I hope I am there when one of his thunderbolts finally goes in.
 
Fair play to him. Always said his finishing was his only redeeming attribute, but maybe we can learn to play to his strengths.

Can't be easy for the lad, 23 years old and he's not daft he knows he's not exactly a fan favourite. Seems like a decent lad tbh so I genuinely would be pleased all around to see him come good ⚔️
 
As in the cup match I think CW should have pushed him forward for applause (and Cooper for that matter).Didn't hear much negativity aboutTom tonight. Hope it lasts
 
I wonder how many goals he has to get before people still think we needed to offload and just not have anyone in his place as we weren’t going to invest in the squad but be better to fill a dark void rather than a squad member. I have said for a while that he isn’t the greatest of players but in given the right opportunities he can and does score.

He's guilty of not being A) strong enough and B) not being in the right place at the right time to take said opportunities. He is, however, beginning to turn a corner. He's playing with more aggression, and it's paying off. He needs to do it a dozen more times and people will turn.
 



I've stuck up for him in the past saying we don't play him often enough in a role or system that has suited him at other clubs.

But then he's still frustrated me with his contribution too often.

Still young at 23 or 24 hopefully we can still find a way for him to make the most of his ability. You want to see players getting involved and having an impact even when things aren't going their way. Too often Cannon hasn't done that but fair play to him tonight.

🤞 it continues more often
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom