CONFIRMED Kalvin Phillips

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?




Rather we had a souza type tbh.

Crazy he's still only 30...and has two years left on a contract that is paying him life changing money for most people on earth for another two years!
 



I know it's petty beyond belief, but I actually have an irrational dislike of Kalvin Phillips, for single-handedly preventing what could well have been the biggest Steel City Derby win in history.

We relegated them. As far as I am concerned that makes it the biggest Steel City Derby win in history.
 
Rothwell, Jairo and Phillips are all a bit samey. I expect Peck to be sold (I'd also put him in that samey bracket) and Blaster may or may not come back as the player before his injury.
There isn't much pace or creativity in that bunch which is a concern.
 
Last edited:
There's a high ceiling to him and he showed flashes of what he can do in his loan spell.

You'd worry about how we'd progress the ball through the middle with Riedewald and Phillips sat in there, I remember Wilder's master plan to pair Souza & Choudhury together and the results could go similar.

Of course, give it a chance and it's heartening that he wants the loan. It could go brilliantly.
I just hope it's not costing us too much as the Souttar deal is already a big gamble for a club in our best position (again, one with a lot of potential upside but with obvious risk).
 
This is exactly what we need. A mobile presence in the middle of the park who will give us 40+ games a year. Young and on an upward trajectory too, and I imagine he’s cheap which is what we need now we’ve not got parachute payments.

Hats off to Wilder and the recruitment team, they might have unearthed a gem here completely under the radar.
 



All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom