Archer

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gykores is better than anything we currently have and was trying to get a prem move, I am not bothered either way and am happy with Archer, Haymer as a 10 behind Gykores and Archer, it was do able is all I am saying.
i reckon we might have got a few more points on the board, but that said knowing our luck he’d have broken his leg first game of the season…..

The motivation thing will always come up when he’s not scoring. That’s inevitable due to the weird nature of the deal.

I think he’s done alright myself. He‘s had very little service from our non-existent midfield. He‘s been played out of position or played up top on his own. Needs someone to play off.

Wilder chooses BBD as short term , so plays him in his position regardless of not being one of our own
Archer .. that’s hecki’s so let’s put him in wrong position or bench ?
Not buying because one of our own or not
Personally, don’t care now who is ours or not - just don’t want an effing tonking!!!
Strongest team out in right positions, regardless !

Basically a season long loan, same as McAtee, so he should not be motivated either.
Not really, if McAtee works his bollocks off scores and creates goals and keeps Utd up, at the end of the season, he goes back to Man City reputation enhanced.

If Archer works his bollocks off scores and creates goals and keeps Utd up, at the end of the season, he gets to stay at Bramall Lane. But, if he tosses it off, just half heartedly going through the motions, Utd go down and then he gets to go back to Aston Villa,

So if he decides, he preferred it at Villa, we aren’t ever going to get a tune out of him 🤷🏻‍♂️

Good player but just like Anel not suited to a team light on possession.

A team with possession and creating chances and think Archer would be a double digit goalscorer in Prem.

Unfortunately doesn’t do enough off the ball for him to be any use for us right now.

People say Villa will move Archer on. But when he returns there I'm betting his Villa contract is far better than what anyone else will offer him. So maybe they just have to try loaning him out year after year?

Was a budget version of that Gareth Bale goal where he ran off the pitch in a curve and still was too fast

He’s a great finisher no doubt and proving he can score in the prem, really wonder where he ends up next season, won’t be with us and can’t see it being with villa but will they look to sell him (which begs the question of what is he worth?) or loan him to another promoted prem team?

Out of interest any opinions on his value?

I think he will improve and become a really good goal scorer but I dont think it will be with us. He will go somewhere else and net 20 goals.

He’s a great finisher no doubt and proving he can score in the prem, really wonder where he ends up next season, won’t be with us and can’t see it being with villa but will they look to sell him (which begs the question of what is he worth?) or loan him to another promoted prem team?

Out of interest any opinions on his value?

He’ll go to a team in the bottom half at this point. Wouldn’t surprise me if Villa send him on another loan to a Forest or a Palace etc.

I can’t see him being a top player but he’s shown enough glimpses to suggest he can have a career at PL level.

20+ goals a season is a stretch though. Hardly anyone other than the Haaland’s and Salah’s get those numbers anymore. 10 in a season is classed as good for a team in the bottom half.

Value-wise I’d say £30m max based on potential and English player tax.

Christ these guys are dim.

It was pretty clear from the off it was an obligation if we went down.

Either they’re thick as mince or they have a very optimistic outlook on our prospects for the remainder of the season!

Either they’re thick as mince or they have a very optimistic outlook on our prospects for the remainder of the season!

Main Brum newspaper as recent as February this year seems to contradict that article.

I'd imagine there is a clause that says "fine, you keep him for whatever you've paid so far", I'd guess £4/5m.

Villa have just breached FFP, they might not be able to conclude the transaction

We are keeping him?
Oh my.. Let's hope he gets fit then..

Edit: Nothing against him, just been waiting the buyback money for bigger team rebuild

100% that Villa article is incorrect. There is a compulsory buy back clause if we are relegated. Archer already has a Villa contract agreed if that happened. That was a condition of the transfer last August before he signed for us.

This automatic buyback clause hasn’t been officially confirmed anywhere despite it being pretty widely known so with us clearly getting relegated I think it’s time for the club to bring clarity to the situation.

I'd imagine there is a clause that says "fine, you keep him for whatever you've paid so far", I'd guess £4/5m.

Villa have just breached FFP, they might not be able to conclude the transaction
If that means we get to keep Archer on a generous loan deal next season win/win.
Archer in the Championship is a cheat code.

This automatic buyback clause hasn’t been officially confirmed anywhere despite it being pretty widely known so with us clearly getting relegated I think it’s time for the club to bring clarity to the situation.
I've posted this before but I've heard that we paid half up front with the other half to paid if we stay up. If we go down Villa have an obligation to buy him back for the half we paid plus 2m OR if Villa dont want him back we can keep him for the half we paid. But we can enforce the buy back .

So we either make 2m or we keep him for half of what his overall fee was meant to be. Not sure how much say the player has in this.

Back
Top Bottom