How do football bans work,anyone been banned before?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah because a guy totally against violence telling an adrenaline and alcohol fuelled hooligan to stop being a dick, to his face is gonna end very well for the guy who doesn't want violence, isn't it.

We do the sensible thing. We grab our children and move away. We then explain to our children that these things happen from time to time and they should never get involved
And then proceed to get on internet and call them every name under the sun is that how it works ? Tbh it’s nothing like it use to be not even close because of the exact subject this post is about ‘banning orders’. They have single handily wiped 90% of proper football violence out. It was a stroke of genius who ever invented the things especially on the England scene which was out of control. But it does make me laugh how people develop ‘balls’ behind computers. Like I say I have no opinion. People want to fight let em fight. Just do it away from innocents with like minded people if possible that would be great 👍

And then proceed to get on internet and call them every name under the sun is that how it works ?
I'm not hiding behind a keyboard, and I've not called anybody names on the subject.

I have been vocal in the thread in that I can't see the point and have absolutely no appetite for having a scrap.

I'm not hiding behind a keyboard, and I've not called anybody names on the subject.

I have been vocal in the thread in that I can't see the point and have absolutely no appetite for having a scrap.
I’m not on about you I’ve literally skimmed through it. I’ve not even seen who’s out what really except derby so I’m not on about anybody in particular. Just weighing up what’s been said. I was involved in deftness when I was daft back in day. I cringe at it now days. But I’m an old twat and just let things go. I ended up in middle of a mass brawl against wolves or bristol city (can’t remember who they were ) at Weston super mare in play off final but that was because who I went with . Not because I was looking for it. I have a lot of pals from
Darnel back in day and that against wolves was mental. But like I say it’s last time I seen any real bother at blades matches. Seen plenty of pointing and hand bag stuff. It is what it is.

I’m not on about you I’ve literally skimmed through it. I’ve not even seen who’s out what really except derby so I’m not on about anybody in particular. Just weighing up what’s been said. I was involved in deftness when I was daft back in day. I cringe at it now days. But I’m an old twat and just let things go. I ended up in middle of a mass brawl against wolves or bristol city (can’t remember who they were ) at Weston super mare in play off final but that was because who I went with . Not because I was looking for it. I have a lot of pals from
Darnel back in day and that against wolves was mental. But like I say it’s last time I seen any real bother at blades matches. Seen plenty of pointing and hand bag stuff. It is what it is.
The brawl was against Bristol City

The only real issues on here have been involving people who don't want it (and saying that never happened), romanticising it as somehow almost heroic (especially in comparison to any 'modern trouble) and a few pretending it was something that just kept happening to them rather than them looking for and enjoying it.

Like you said above, it happened and 99% of people who were in it think "fuck me that was daft. Anything could have gone wrong. Could have ended up in hospital or inside".

I saw something on Sunday Brunch yesterday talking about how much a football fan is. He goes to the game, then comes home and watches it again on TV. Don't all proper fans do that?

If you replace "watches it again on TV" with "loads up Youtube half an hour after the game finishes in the pub", then maybe

The brawl was against Bristol City
I messaged my old mate who was also there that day since I put this and he told me it was Bristol city. 👍. Don’t know if you was there but that was real lol 😂

I wasn’t mate, travelled with family that day but I know it was a proper tear up

I chuckle when I see the programs about Polish hooligans having organised fights. They all look ripped, fit, and in shape.

You see the UK hooligans and they look like they've spent the past 40 years training up for a big fight by consuming pot noodles, swilling Newcastle Brown Ale by the bucket, and exercise consists of getting put of the chair to fetch another drink!

I don't know how anyone can watch a full replay of a match they know the score of, never mind one they attended

1988/1989 season, I was living in Brackley, Northants, working as deputy manager of the Circle K Convenience Store there. One of our regular customers was a postman who supported Aldershot. He loaned me the Aldershot FC VHS video of them beating us 1-0, a match I'd missed because I was up in Leeds at a Cardiacs gig. I watched the whole fucking thing.

1988/1989 season, I was living in Brackley, Northants, working as deputy manager of the Circle K Convenience Store there. One of our regular customers was a postman who supported Aldershot. He loaned me the Aldershot FC VHS video of them beating us 1-0, a match I'd missed because I was up in Leeds at a Cardiacs gig. I watched the whole fucking thing.
Good God man, how?

Six points from 24 that promotion season v relegated sides Chesterfield, Aldershot, Gillingham and Southend. Won 4 2 v Gillingham at Lane, 1 0 v Aldershot at Lane. Would have been champions if we'd done better v the worst sides.

Reminds me of of when we lost 3-0 at home to Luton in January 1977. I wasn't at the match because I was in my 4th year at boarding school. After the results came out on BBC Grandstand I found out that our match would be on Match of the day. Fourth formers at my school were allowed to watch only the 1st match of Match of the Day. I knew that our match would be the 2nd match. Luckily the teacher on duty that day is a big football fan (supports Brighton) and he allowed me to watch the full programme that night and I agreed to go to bed before the start of Match of the Day in the next two Saturdays. My mates thought I was mad to come to that agreement if it meant watching us lose 3-0 at home on telly !

Reminds me of of when we lost 3-0 at home to Luton in January 1977. I wasn't at the match because I was in my 4th year at boarding school. After the results came out on BBC Grandstand I found out that our match would be on Match of the day. Fourth formers at my school were allowed to watch only the 1st match of Match of the Day. I knew that our match would be the 2nd match. Luckily the teacher on duty that day is a big football fan (supports Brighton) and he allowed me to watch the full programme that night and I agreed to go to bed before the start of Match of the Day in the next two Saturdays. My mates thought I was mad to come to that agreement if it meant watching us lose 3-0 at home on telly !
You already knew we'd be 2nd on MOTD. Ready to keel over in shock if United are ever 1st on. Not much changes...

I don't know how anyone can watch a full replay of a match they know the score of, never mind one they attended
I used to do this quite a lot, for any match (Prem/England for example) I could record. I'd try and avoid the score usually though - but not always successfully.
E.g. Wife wanted me to do something on a Sat/Sun (or both) so i missed the televised stuff. I'd watch them after she'd gone to bed.

So many televised matches now though it's impossible. Would be up all night watching recorded games! These days I'm lucky if i see MOTD or EFL highlights.

Since Blades games became available online (circa 2016?) I'll always watch one back if I miss it. To be informed and make my own judgement on performances - knowing the score makes it different but doesn't discount from armchair analysis.

I used to do this quite a lot, for any match (Prem/England for extra) I could record. I'd try and avoid the score usually though - but not always successfully.
E.g. Wife wanted me to do something on a Sat/Sun (or both) so i missed the televised stuff. I'd watch them after she'd gone to bed.

So many televised matches now though it's impossible. Would be up all night watching recorded games! These days I'm lucky if i see MOTD or EFL highlights.

Since Blades games became available online (circa 2016?) I'll always watch one back if I miss it. To be informed and make my own judgement on performances - knowing the score makes it different but doesn't discount from armchair analysis.
I just can't do it. If I haven't seen a game, I just avoid discussing the tactical or performance specifics.

Being serious, with how much I love data analysis it's the main reason I never even considered trying to get a foothold in football work. I'm not disciplined enough to watch games and analyse unless I have a vested interest

I just can't do it. If I haven't seen a game, I just avoid discussing the tactical or performance specifics.

Being serious, with how much I love data analysis it's the main reason I never even considered trying to get a foothold in football work. I'm not disciplined enough to watch games and analyse unless I have a vested interest
At the other end of the spectrum I like football too much to spend time breaking it down in amy formal way - nothing beyond chatting about it.

When I said armchair analysis, I meant watching and loosely judging. Probably intoxicated.

At the other end of the spectrum I like football too much to spend time breaking it down in amy formal way - nothing beyond chatting about it.

When I said armchair analysis, I meant watching and loosely judging. Probably intoxicated.
Part of me using Shoutbox as I do is I moved away from where all my mates were and lost that. I used to get back when I could but now we have the kids I don't get a chance.

Part of me using Shoutbox as I do is I moved away from where all my mates were and lost that. I used to get back when I could but now we have the kids I don't get a chance.
Makes sense. I don't know many Blades fans because lived in the south most my life. SB4eva.

Only so much conversation I can have with my Dad and in a mates WhatsApp football chat where half of them support "big" teams.

Back
Top Bottom