The Prince interview part 1

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ive no problem with abdullah for selling both nidaye and berge they both made it clear they wanted to go the problem ive got with him is not investing at least double the miserly 30m he allowed hecky to have for squad improvement gave us absolute zero chance of any chance of survival in the premier league waste of time getting promoted in the first place if your not going to have a crack at it

Why is anyone surprised? The Prince cannot afford either a Premier League club or a Championship club. Any money we spend we have to recoup …. ie. self sufficient…. He has told us that before.

Also I suspect that any parachute money has already been mortgaged - so hence no new money without selling first. I hope I’m wrong, but that is my interpretation of what has been said.

Why is anyone surprised? The Prince cannot afford either a Premier League club or a Championship club. Any money we spend we have to recoup …. ie. self sufficient…. He has told us that before.

Also I suspect that any parachute money has already been mortgaged - so hence no new money without selling first. I hope I’m wrong, but that is my interpretation of what has been said.
Can't say I am surprised by anything he's said other than they have only recently employed a firm to manage the sale of the club... It's common practice from the little I have read on club sales so for us to only just do that maybe explains why only Dozy bid last year!

Just finished watching the video. I know some think Jimmy is just a mouth piece for the Prince but I think from part one he asked decent questions. If you ask him a spicy question such as was Wilder lined up to replace Hecky from the beginning of the season as reported by the media I suspect the Prince would just waffle his way around the question because he does that at times in my view, but I thought he answered the questions pretty well to be fair.

It sounded more promising on the upgrade to a cat one academy and we know the hotel is on the way again. Also pleased to hear we're still going up bring in new players in January. So overall I'm more optimistic on the prospects post that interview. I do wish Jimmy had just posted it as one video rather than in seperate parts but that's his preogrative.

I don’t think self sufficiency is realistic. People laugh at Preston continually finishing around tenth in the championship. But they lose millions being the most sensible adult in the room.

McCabe’s stab at self sufficiency drove us into the lower reaches of L1.

Can't say I am surprised by anything he's said other than they have only recently employed a firm to manage the sale of the club... It's common practice from the little I have read on club sales so for us to only just do that maybe explains why only Dozy bid last year!

Fucks sake.

found it interesting when PA says summat along the lines of i want paul to come to LA to my gaff is hecky coming back as youth coach again.

problem ive got with him is not investing at least double the miserly 30m
What, invest money he hasn’t got?
Or take a loan out against the club?
Or tell the fans to have a whip round?😂

Fact is the club has to be self sufficient as he can’t afford to fund us

In 2013 when he bought us, in the EPL these transfers happened
Arnautovic - Stoke £2.8m
Parker - Fulham £4.3m
Erickson- spurs £14m
Shelvey- Swansea £5.8m
Carroll - West Ham £17.5m
Lovren - s’hampton £10m
Mignolet - lpl £10m
Downing - lpl £5.8m
8 players for Total of £70m

Or in todays money….. 1 Szoboszlal, who in fairness looks decent, but I’d not heard of him before liverpool took him in

Point is the landscape has changed, Prince has £150m net worth, he can’t afford to keep us in the manner we require to establish ourselves as an EPL club

Until a very rich man comes along, this is the gig

I don’t think self sufficiency is realistic. People laugh at Preston continually finishing around tenth in the championship. But they lose millions being the most sensible adult in the room.

McCabe’s stab at self sufficiency drove us into the lower reaches of L1.
Millwall, Preston, Cardiff. All £12m+ a season owner input.

With this owner, "sustainable" = Commercial revenue (£10-15m) + TV money (£8m ish in the Championship) + player sales as a budget

Unless I missed it, it wasn't mentioned when that was recorded, but he seemed to be still behind Wilder as far as I could tell (in light of all the El Accounto stuff earlier)

Back
Top Bottom