Litter on Matchday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade3

Reaction score
Pet peeve, and trivial to some, but as embarrassing as the rubbish is on the pitch, what’s equally as poor is the amount of rubbish on the roads outside the ground.

I’m acutely aware that Shoreham Street is no area of outstanding natural beauty, but it’s not hard to stuff a twix wrapper in a bin or your pocket.

Pet peeve, and trivial to some, but as embarrassing as the rubbish is on the pitch, what’s equally as poor is the amount of rubbish on the roads outside the ground.

I’m acutely aware that Shoreham Street is no area of outstanding natural beauty, but it’s not hard to stuff a twin wrapper in a bin or your pocket.
Have you seen the state of the bins on half the houses on Shoreham Street, there’s normally a piss and jizz stained mattress and a shit stained sofa with them as well. I don’t think it’s fans dropping chocolate wrappers!

I’m acutely aware that Shoreham Street is no area of outstanding natural beauty, but it’s not hard to stuff a twix wrapper in a bin or your pocket.
Did you notice a set of wonky ladders and a small roll of bubble wrap nearby and possibly a wasp buzzing around ? 😉

I drove down Shoreham Street on Christmas Eve and I’ve seen Blackstock Road tip with less shite dumped in it. You could barely see the pavement in front of the Kop turnstiles closest to Cherry St.

Front gardens on Shoreham are a reyt laff..

Gone to the dogs big time.

I'm so pleased there's a pet peeve thread, and not to make a scapegoat, but Brewster once blitzed up Shoreham Street as fast as possible in his Wass car. No need, even Stevens driving behind him, slowly as there's a lot of pedestrians, was somewhat embarrassed.

I've not been able to judge Brewster on the pitch, but driving, what a so and so.

Sure it was v Cardiff at home, also thank you for letting me get that off my chest haha.

I'm so pleased there's a pet peeve thread, and not to make a scapegoat, but Brewster once blitzed up Shoreham Street as fast as possible in his Wass car. No need, even Stevens driving behind him, slowly as there's a lot of pedestrians, was somewhat embarrassed.

I've not been able to judge Brewster on the pitch, but driving, what a so and so.

Sure it was v Cardiff at home, also thank you for letting me get that off my chest haha.
I don’t believe you, he’d pull a hamstring if he put the accelerator down too far and if he aimed for a pedestrian he’d miss.

The pavement under the student accommodation on Denby Street is awash with litter. Now, I’m not suggesting that all students in Sheffield are scruffy cunts, nor am I suggesting that the students are responsible for all the litter around, but the scruffy cunts on Denby Street are a right set of scruffy cunts.

I don’t believe you, he’d pull a hamstring if he put the accelerator down too far and if he aimed for a pedestrian he’d miss.
Swear down, I even checked a 2020/21 programme to confirm it was him

It was my first visit of the season yesterday and boy did the area around the ground look grim. Thought it was just me....glad I'm not the only one.

It's difficult to get to and there's nowhere to park these days....much as I love the Lane.....isn't it time to think about moving?

It was my first visit of the season yesterday and boy did the area around the ground look grim. Thought it was just me....glad I'm not the only one.

It's difficult to get to and there's nowhere to park these days....much as I love the Lane.....isn't it time to think about moving?
Nooo

With the wind yesterday I’m sure it will have all ended up in Endcliffe Park anyway -
Seriously you are bang right people just can’t be arsed to be responsible for their rubbish

Mate, we've barely got enough money to pay the wages of loan players and transfer installments, where's the moneh coming from to spunk on a new ground... Much easier to just repaint the one we've got ...

The pavement under the student accommodation on Denby Street is awash with litter. Now, I’m not suggesting that all students in Sheffield are scruffy cunts, nor am I suggesting that the students are responsible for all the litter around, but the scruffy cunts on Denby Street are a right set of scruffy cunts.

Was looking around Universities with my lad. Warwick, Bath, Loughboro' all spotless, so it may equally be a Sheffield Council problem. There should be more than one general waste bin per student house.

Mate, we've barely got enough money to pay the wages of loan players and transfer installments, where's the moneh coming from to spunk on a new ground... Much easier to just repaint the one we've got ...

One day we need to move ahead.....its like the ground/club are stuck in a timewarp

Was looking around Universities with my lad. Warwick, Bath, Loughboro' all spotless, so it may equally be a Sheffield Council problem. There should be more than one general waste bin per student house.

Major litter issues should be down to the council and landlords but there's no reason why cleaners employed by the club can't nip out and litter pick the immediate areas around the ground following matches.

I've seen McDonalds staff doing this outside the magic kingdom during times when they're not allegedly being bullied, racially abused or sexually harassed that is.

One day we need to move ahead.....its like the ground/club are stuck in a timewarp

Perhaps I'm not looking at this from a totally neutral perspective, but there's not a lot wrong with the ground in my opinion; I'd go as far to say we have one of the smarter grounds in the country all things considered, and certainly the most historic. The issue (aesthetically) is the dated terraced housing at the John Street and KOP ends, I was kind of hoping that the developments coming in from St Mary's Gate would start to consume the area, but tightly packed housing like that is hard to shift.

Bogle is another one who liked to go up Shoreham st at 60mph

Wouldn't disagree. Every time i go to one of those identikit, souless bowls and get served a beer inside and within a reasonable time of queuing and don't have to wait 10 mins to have a piss, i do wonder.....

But character, soul etc blah etc

Yeah, it’s always a dump down there by the student accommodation.

One good thing is, with such a transient neighbourhood, not many objections are not gonna come flying in, if/when we actually get round to developing the ground.

Somebody once accused me of driving dangerously up Shoreham street years ago in my red golf gti.

At that time I was in full dad mode with an x-trail and a 4 year old in a booster seat next to me, hardly race spec.

My son now drops me off, and picks me up...

What a heartwarming Xmas story for you all there, hope you enjoyed..

"the bit where the son has grown up and now drops the elderly dad off is touching"
Mail on Sunday.

"A welcome distraction from the unsightly rubbish issue"
The Times ****

"Owls take 3000 to QPR"
Sheffield Star.

"it's clearly distraction tactics to deflect the bad season we're having, wrong section as well but we're letting it ride"
Foxy n Linz S24su.

"Hitting almost 600bhp after re-mapping, the filth in those gardens is a complete blur"
Fast Car.

It seems that it's actually virtually impossible if your under 25!
See the younger fans leaving the corner shop, unwrap whatever they've bought, and just drop the wrappers on the floor, majority of the parents of the really young ones are equally as bad, and I don't any of the teenagers actually know what a bin is!

Never mind shoreham st or wherever, lots of fans drop litter inside the stands or watch their kids do it and say nothing

I’ve only read a few posts on this thread but I’m presuming someone has mentioned students going home for Xmas and the wind…. Surely someone has !

Back
Top Bottom