I didn't want him back

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will fully admit I wasn't a fan of Wilders appointment, genuinely saw it as a step back and I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but 2 games in it's looking like I was wrong, I'm sure there's more out there.

Perhaps he wants to right the shit way he left the club? Prove a point to us or himself, god knows but he's put some fight in those lads and within 2 games he's managed a positive performance against Liverpool, 3 points and (I think) the first clean sheet?

Does it make me fucking sad that seeing us win today was slightly emotional? It was like being a few years back!

Same here.

It took me about 5 mins into the Liverpool match to realise I was wrong.

Today was immense and I had the Wilder year butterflies as soon as I woke up.

We have a chance now.

Will fully admit I wasn't a fan of Wilders appointment, genuinely saw it as a step back and I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but 2 games in it's looking like I was wrong, I'm sure there's more out there.

Perhaps he wants to right the shit way he left the club? Prove a point to us or himself, god knows but he's put some fight in those lads and within 2 games he's managed a positive performance against Liverpool, 3 points and (I think) the first clean sheet?

Does it make me fucking sad that seeing us win today was slightly emotional? It was like being a few years back!
I was dreading it, there is still plenty of time for it to go tits up, but it’s nice to be looking forward to matches again. So, for now…

I'm a wilder fan boy so I was happy, but I didn't imagine it would be like this. We seem to have the squad that could stay up but I fear it's too late with the injuries and games elapsed, but get us to 30 points and it will be a solid effort. Next season will hopefully be another exciting and successful one

Probably being negative but I still think we’re definitely going down, but I don’t really care, we’re at least going to do it with a fight!
I can take that, and that's why I wanted Hecky gone. The constant humiliation and embarassment was awful. We lost to Liverpool midweek and our fans were happy, because we made it difficult for them and put up a fight. It might end up that the damage is done as Everton will easily pull away and make up the ten point deficit, and 6 points is a huge gap at the moment. That said, all it takes is another win and Forest to continue their poor form and optimism can return. They'll feel more pressure than us. If we close the gap then our confidence will grow and theirs will dissappear.

It's way too soon to predict anything. December is a bad run of fixtures for us but who knows what might happen.

This humble pie is selling out quick, I'd better get me a slice as well while stocks last, ok its only been 2 good games but its been 2 games more than we've had all season, whatever May brings it brings but it doesn't seem as long to wait as it did last weekend

I can take that, and that's why I wanted Hecky gone. The constant humiliation and embarassment was awful. We lost to Liverpool midweek and our fans were happy, because we made it difficult for them and put up a fight. It might end up that the damage is done as Everton will easily pull away and make up the ten point deficit, and 6 points is a huge gap at the moment. That said, all it takes is another win and Forest to continue their poor form and optimism can return. They'll feel more pressure than us. If we close the gap then our confidence will grow and theirs will dissappear.

It's way too soon to predict anything. December is a bad run of fixtures for us but who knows what might happen.
Agreed. Everton would be mid table without the points deduction so it’s reasonable to assume their form will be that of a mid table team and keep them up. It’s really Forest and Palace we’re looking at and it’s a big gap. I think Hecky left us too deep in the hole for Wilder to get us out, but at least we look like we’ll go down swinging.

As a principle I think 'never go back' and that's what I thought in this case. But I was wrong. I can't believe how he's got us playing - and still with half the team unavailable
Almost with you their mate, was unsure but you cannot argue with the attitude, the passion, and today's result. Superb goal and Hamer looks a far better player without Norwood in the side.

I wanted to keep Hecky on account I wasn't confident we'd get Wilder or anyone decent and Hecky is good in the championship. But given how it's played out, I'm chuffed! Let's hope he gets well backed over the next 2 transfer windows. 🙏

There's a long way to go and we've not got an easy December.

Forest are the target, not Everton. We're 6 points behind, however Forest have 1 win in 11 and they've lost 4 of their last 5.

December

Forest v Spurs
Forest v Bournemouth
Newcastle v Forest
Forest v Man Utd

They've also not got the easiest month. Bournemouth have shown recently that they're better than where they are in the table. Their most winnable game will be Man Utd bizarrely. If they lose the next two home games then the fans are going to turn on John Merrick.
This. I’m really not fussed about games against the top half teams. As long as we go at them like rabid terriers, I’ll be happy. Always good to see the powder puff boys rattled and we might nick a point or two. Being 4th from bottom is all that matters and, if the atmosphere today can continue, what a ride it will be!

Him and Souza looked like completely different players today.
Agree Walthy, wonder why Hecky couldn't reach the same conclusions? Main thing it looked like we had decent players for a change, who wanted to compete......more please. UTB!!! Oh, well done Wilder!

weirdly someone i know was dead against it, maybe not wanting him is a good thing. i was very much opposed to heckingbottom or southgate at the start of the respective reigns & i was wrong so i held back on this & said ill judge him on the pitch

Agree Walthy, wonder why Hecky couldn't reach the same conclusions? Main thing it looked like we had decent players for a change, who wanted to compete......more please. UTB!!! Oh, well done Wilder!
At a guess I’d say they were clearer about their role today than they were under Hecky, but a lot of it is ‘x-factor’ stuff that you can’t quantify, or I can’t at any rate.

I had to watch on TV today. American channel I think.

The commentator kept peristing with the idea that trusty was one of our "overlapping centrebacks" that we're so renounded for, even though he was playing left back in a back 4.

Ironically it's wilder coming in, playing the youth, and tearing up our persistent use of 3-5-2.

I hope Wilder's right when he says we're getting him in his prime.

He is the man and was always the man.. but regardless of who got the job can everyone see now that Hecky was clueless and way out of his depth at this level, the amount of people who still wanted him in the job week after week because “Pep couldn’t do any better” was astounding… I get wound up thinking about why we didn’t get rid months ago.
My feelings exactly word for word

I had to watch on TV today. American channel I think.

The commentator kept peristing with the idea that trusty was one of our "overlapping centrebacks" that we're so renounded for, even though he was playing left back in a back 4.

Ironically it's wilder coming in, playing the youth, and tearing up our persistent use of 3-5-2.

I hope Wilder's right when he says we're getting him in his prime.
we are playing a similar system to villa under emery
its a 3-5-2 in possesion and a 4-4-2 out

its very fluid and at times its 4-2-3-1

Like a lot on here I didn't want him back.
But in two games, he's given us our team back.
The team that doesn't lay down and die. I 'll take that for the rest of this season.
A team that gives its all. We weren't doing that under Hecky.
I still think we'll go back down. But at least we'll go down with a fight and not the whimper we showed over Hecky's last few games.
Let's hope this is not a new/old manager bounce. More of a glimmer of hope for the future.

it's the hope that kills you though.

Back
Top Bottom