They played for both!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is it just me?
Unless we only ever had a team full of academy players, and none of them ever left to play for anyone else, ALL our players would have played for us and someone else wouldn't they?
Chances of us playing the 'other' team would be pretty high wouldn't it? 🤔

Er, I don't think footy trivia is for you.

Imagine it as a pub teaser and not some exercise in Cartesian Logic.

Er, I don't think footy trivia is for you.

Imagine it as a pub teaser and not some exercise in Cartesian Logic.
Bollocks football trivia's not for me :mad:
Answer me this then. Who was the first, sorry, when was the first team to play, hang on no sorry again, the first player to give away a penalty, or was it offside? Anyway, an offence was committed for the first time under floodlights, oh hang on, no sorry, the first time a game was played on a Sund...no, that's not right either. It was something to do with Brian Deane...I think?

Team 10. They played for The Blades & Manchester United.
1. John Connaughton
2. Paul Parker
3. Stewart Houston
4. Steve Bruce
5. Paul McGrath
6. Harry Maguire
7. Keith Gillespie
8. Don Givens
9. Alex Notman
10. Mark Dempsey
11. Michael Twiss
12. Phil Bardsley

Team 10. They played for The Blades & Manchester United.
1. John Connaughton
2. Paul Parker
3. Stewart Houston
4. Steve Bruce
5. Paul McGrath
6. Harry Maguire
7. Keith Gillespie
8. Don Givens
9. Alex Notman
10. Mark Dempsey
11. Michael Twiss
12. Phil Bardsley
Deary me. Taking the levels those players were at whilst plying their trade at The Lane, rather than them at the height of their powers, that's easily the worst line up so far.

8th in L1.......... apologies to Paul Mcgrath who remains one of the best centre backs I've seen in a United shirt, even with worn out knees.

James Wilson
John Coffie (probably didn't play for their first X1, and never should have been in our L1 X1)

DEAN HENDERSON

Michael Twiss. There's a blast from the past. If I remember right, he came to us as "the next big thing" - and was a total donkey. I remember going to the Bolton (?) game at the Lane over Christmas and Warnock (?) brought him on. I said to Happy Hippy (another blast from the past) "What's be brought that useless twat on for?" just as he scored a worldy from somewhere near Meersbrook. Within six months he was "The next big thing" at Fleetwood Town.

Michael Twiss. There's a blast from the past. If I remember right, he came to us as "the next big thing" - and was a total donkey. I remember going to the Bolton (?) game at the Lane over Christmas and Warnock (?) brought him on. I said to Happy Hippy (another blast from the past) "What's be brought that useless twat on for?" just as he scored a worldy from somewhere near Meersbrook. Within six months he was "The next big thing" at Fleetwood Town.

Bruce, not Warnock.

Using his 'brilliant Old Trafford contacts' to loan us a wonderkid.

One of the many reasons, I never took to Bruce, the gobshite cabbage headed wanker.

Team 11. They played for The Blades & Arsenal.
1. Aaron Ramsdale
2. Colin Hill
3. Wilf Rostron
4. Trevor Ross
5. Scott Marshall
6. John Matthews
7. Paul Shaw
8. John Barnwell
9. Colin Addison
10. Arturo Lupoli
11. Brian Marwood
12. Charlie Hartfield

Team 12. They played for The Blades & Wolves:
1.Carl Ikeme
2.Bernard Shaw
3.David Barnes
4.Mark Rankine
5.Paul Stancliffe
6.John McAlle
7.Tony Towner
8.Mark Todd
9.Nathan Blake
10.Mel Eves
11.Kevin McDonald
12. Carl Robinson

Back
Top Bottom