This season is a great measure of why it’s not always good just to be ‘positive’ which I would call ‘delusional’ before the season.
All those people that are now hecky out are the ones who deluded themselves into thinking we had a good chance of staying up. It’s not Hecky’s fault, the squad is not good enough it’s quite frankly as simple as that.
It’s tiresome seeing people defend abject shit players just becusee you ‘can’t write them off after 5 games’. Yes, you can. We saw enough from these players to know they’re not good enough but the deluded ‘optimists’are now lost, whereas your reasonable prescient football could see clear as day preseason that this squad has ni hope. (This stretches to last season by the way, where I stand by we really weren’t that good)
Hecky in, hecky out, means absolutely fuck all. I’ve always been ambivalent to him, just hope the next bloke isn’t a c*** and we go again next year. It’s not his fault though runs so much deeper