Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters

100% behind Hecky!

He's not put a foot wrong for me.

Sheff Utd are better when we show loyalty to managers, not all of course. The best in the last 40 years were given time... and normally had crappy budget's. Hecky turned us around from the get go. For me, he gets the season and the chance to get us back up if it goes Pete Tong!

I love Chris Wilder as much as the next man and what he did for us was incredible, if it wasn't for him we'd be where Derby are now most likely, however Hecky doesn't deserve to be replaced in such a ruthless way,he's earned his chance to keep us up all be it with one hand tied behind his back.
It would certainly leave a sour taste if hecky was treated in such a bad way.

Wilder is exactly the person we don’t need for our current situation. Far too emotional, wouldn’t have the diplomatic skills to deal with our current ownership, doesn’t have the time or the players to introduce a “style of play” with Knilly. It would soon turn toxic If it wasn’t going his way.
Hecky is the man for our current predicament and he’s doing a good job given the circumstances. We’re seeing improvements each week, the results will come.

It was on TS NEWs but then they spoke to Alex crooks who said that wilder hadn't been spoken to so why make out as though it's happening

I read to didn’t like playing Youngsters and stopped reading. Look at Davie Brooks as example one. All of the youngsters that are good were signed under Wilder erera.
Well that was nearly the end of my message so you must have agreed with most of what I said then.

Either way I don't want wilder back as much as I love the guy for what he did the first 3/4 of his tenure here.

Daily Mail bullshit again.,
Why would Wilder Come back?. that prince still owns the club. I guess we know why Wilder left, lack of funding from the prince.
Hecky has the same problem now. Hecky is doing his best with his hands tied behind his back.i don,t agree with the person who called praise and grumble on radio Sheffield Hecky should be sacked he, has no idea, entitled to his opinion yes. Blame the prince for the state we are in he has admitted he is broke and cannot afford to run the club. We played really well at Spurs, just unlucky to concede two goals in injury time. another crap referee again. The way the Spurs fans were celebrating you would have thought they won the Champions League. Jammy cockney twats.

Hopefully Hecky isn't under pressure - can any DS fanboys confirm whether he’s said anything on it? That’ll be a big clue.

If PH did go I’d imagine we’d be in a position where relegation is a formality. CW ticks the box of someone who knows the club and has multiple promotions on his CV. I personally keep an eye on the Hibs manager and go for him if he does a decent job over a season or two.

Hopefully Hecky isn't under pressure - can any DS fanboys confirm whether he’s said anything on it? That’ll be a big clue.

If PH did go I’d imagine we’d be in a position where relegation is a formality. CW ticks the box of someone who knows the club and has multiple promotions on his CV. I personally keep an eye on the Hibs manager and go for him if he does a decent job over a season or two.
He said there was nothing in it

Good post agree with it
However the pros don’t make a good manager.

The qualities you described about being “a good bloke” all apply to Darren Moore at SWFC but we wouldn’t want him.

If 5 out of 10 is average and there’s nothing wrong with average. I’d put Hecky as 6.5 out of 10.

Yes we can do better but we could do a lot worse. People might think I’m anti Hecky, when I’m not and accept he’s done and is doing a good job, however I do have some reservations. We’ll see.
Fair and balanced reply mate. What are the reservations you hold? Are they things that can be worked on by PH/the club?

No, just no. This would be a terrible move. Hecky has done very well for the club, this last window was heading for the crapper and turned out well, he righted the ship after the Slav debacle and is an articulate and honest speaker. It's been small margins so far and the ponts tally could be higher but it's not.

Personally, I would bin off the Premier League, let them piss off to the European super League or whatever and let's get back to geal, honest football.

Finally, it's a Daily Fail reporter so take it with a large pinch of salt.I hope....

Paul can breathe easy, if we get rid he’ll be welcomed with open arms at Hillsborough…

4evaowl

Posted 21 hours ago
The rumour is that United may part ways with Heckingbottom - I'd take him if XM goes...although he'd be mad to work for DC.

Well that was nearly the end of my message so you must have agreed with most of what I said then.

Either way I don't want wilder back as much as I love the guy for what he did the first 3/4 of his tenure here.
You talked about Wilder not being good with youngsters your opinion is invalid.

A few more pay offs from managerial positions and wilder will be able to buy the club.

Maybe the Mail will start a rumour that Ramsdale wants to quit Arsenal after being dropped today!

Just been talking about it on Talk Sport, e neededvidently it is possible, Wilder was at the game yesterday. Suggested he could come back with Hecky staying on the coaching staff....can't see it myself but maybe Hecky feels the job is too big.

It's a no from me by the way!
Can't see it,really,Wilderball lasted but one season before,doubt he possesses the nous and system-changing knowhow needed.

Rumour doing the rounds.

Probably worth letting the club know what the fans think in case it's under serious consideration...
What a load of silly bollocks this is…..Wilder left through the back door…not somebody you want in the trenches when things get tricky is he!. Hecky is a huge upgrade…and is doing great in the circumstances. Get behind him and the team ffs!

Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s some truth to this rumour.

Think someone at SUFC has deliberately leaked a news story to the press, in a way the government often deliberately leak rumours to an insider in the presss, it’s just to test the waters and plant the seed.

I reckon there has been positive discussions between Chris and SUFC but the club have no intentions of immediately replacing Hecky, however as long as the fans are generally on board then it wouldn’t surprise me if he returns in November or December time.

Let’s hope there’s an upturn in results then obviously he won’t be needed.

I'm surprised that you completely gloss over the record since the 9th finish as of no consequence. Take the fact that it's us out of the equation, and how many PL jobs do you think he gets considered for?

And even with us, it's a completely different squad, different style and lots of things he avoided. A modicum of sense says, if a change happens in December (shouldn't be considered IMO), his name shouldn't even figure.

I'm surprised that you completely gloss over the record since the 9th finish as of no consequence. Take the fact that it's us out of the equation, and how many PL jobs do you think he gets considered for?

And even with us, it's a completely different squad, different style and lots of things he avoided. A modicum of sense says, if a change happens in December (shouldn't be considered IMO), his name shouldn't even figure.
Wilder certainly wouldn’t get another PL job. After Boro & Watford I have my doubts that he’d get a Championship job just now. He needs to rehabilitate his reputation in L1.

Never go back. It's like the stunning partner you were banging in your teens and always held a torch for.....they turn into a fat slag when you look again...
And even when things were good her head was getting turned

I think the fact there was NDA,s flying about when wilder left says it all, I still hold the opinion he's one of those characters that's never ever wrong ! Don't get me wrong he gave me some of the best seasons I've ever had watching the blades, but he's never been the same since leaving us
If I was him I would have trousered the pay off moved somewhere warm and earned some pocket money on sky

Back
Top Bottom