Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters

This rumour is all the club needs at this point in time, put it to bed and let Hecky and the team get on with the job in hand,starting on Sunday, get behind them UTB
If posters let it die it will die.
There is o substance at sll for this apart from the mails hatred of us.which I think stems from the Tevez affair.

Maybe the Mail will start a rumour that Ramsdale wants to quit Arsenal after being dropped today!
They’ve started the rumour that Chelsea are ‘monitoring the situation’ 😂

Go on then tell me why what I’m saying is so “bafoon” like ?
Let's have a look then
He hasn’t worked miracles has he

Hecky took over a very good championship squad and did what was expected playing poor football

He got a team who should have been promoted , promoted

He doesn’t deserve to be sacked , but I can see an argument to say he isn’t good enough at this level
It looked like a miracle given what the previous dozen games had looked like.
Easier said than done have a look at Carrick for example.
Having a net spend of about 20 million we are competing in the best league in the world and making the fans of those teams foul their underwear over the thought of us taking points from them, could the supposed best managers in the league or even Southgate do what Heckingbottom has done? I'll answer that for you 'no they could not'.

Do you agree yet that you are a buffon?

Horses for courses. CW was brilliant in L1 finally getting us promoted back to Chamionship then taking us into PL. He was unlucky with Covid and more importantly losing JOC who was an essential part of our defence and also our attack as an overlapping CH. But CW s recruitment once we got to PL was dreadful and he failed to build a structure and team that could stay in the PL and when things turned against him he couldn’t handle it. Frankly made a fool of himself.

Hecky is different operator altogether. Yes he inherited a decent squad with parachute payments but that doesn’t mean promotion is guaranteed. Llook at the other teams with expensive squads, big wage bills and parachute payments like Norwich, Watford, WBA and others Who didn’t get promoted and look at the mess he inherited from Slav. He got us promoted With horrendous injury problems and behind the scene financial problems. Then we get to PL and hE has to effectively rebuild the team after losing probably our 4 best players With a net budget of peanuts by PL standards. His recruitment has made us overall much stronger (in my opinion). In addition he has reduced the age of the squad substantially and bought young players who will hopefully improve. He has certainly not overpaid (unlike CW) and has built a squad that probably stands a good chance of getting promoted back if we get relegated this season. In addition he has shown he can coach, improve and bring through young players from the academy (which CW never did apart from Brooks).

Yes we have lost 4 out of 5 matches but only by a single goal in each and we have scored 4 goals. Arguably we could with a bit of luck have taken a point against Forest and ran City and Spurs close. The team is still gelling and a number of the squad are not yet up to match fitness. I am confident we will get better (we have done each game I think). The club still has a good vibe and I do think we have a decent chance of staying up. To get CW back would be to change everything Hecky has built and is building. CW has never shown he can build something that will last.

I think the players and vast majority of the fans want to keep Hecky, even if we do get relegated. Since he left us CW has had a number of Managerial jobs and has achieved nothing. I don’t believe as things are he has anything to bring/offer and to change what we have would be a disaster. Having CW back is a definite NO.

Most of your points there can be applied the opposite way though.

CW s recruitment once we got to PL was dreadful and he failed to build a structure and team that could stay in the PL

We DID stay in the PL (and almost finished in Europe might I add), and although we'll never know, would probably have had a good chance of staying there the second season were it not for a complete freak situation out of his control.

He got us promoted With horrendous injury problems and behind the scene financial problems.

I think it's fair to say that the injury record under Hecky is more than just a coincidence now, and it's very likely to be linked to his management/training style rather than simply bad luck (this is not necessarily a bad thing). Also, the takeover situation is often cited as a distraction for Hecky, but Wilder also achieved what he did with the board in a very public tug of war.

built a squad that probably stands a good chance of getting promoted back if we get relegated this season

Wilder built a squad that literally did that. We've no idea if Hecky has.

Yes we have lost 4 out of 5 matches but only by a single goal in each

This is exactly the same record as Wilder's disaster season which was under very different circumstances, yet he is often slammed for it.

I don't think I've seen anyone say Hecky should be sacked, but I don't think he should be immune from it should results and performances be consistently poor. I also don't think the Prince would simply give him a free pass. Nor should Wilder be dismissed as an option just because he left during a season that was basically a series of training matches.

Wilder’s like that ex who fucked like a rabbit then burnt all your clothes when you broke up.

Let's have a look then

It looked like a miracle given what the previous dozen games had looked like.
Easier said than done have a look at Carrick for example.
Having a net spend of about 20 million we are competing in the best league in the world and making the fans of those teams foul their underwear over the thought of us taking points from them, could the supposed best managers in the league or even Southgate do what Heckingbottom has done? I'll answer that for you 'no they could not'.

Do you agree yet that you are a buffon?

Hecky took over a relegated team with one of if not the best squad in the league

Gibbs white and ndiaye are the two bets attacking players we have had in my lifetime

We aren’t competing we have 1 point from 5 games and if other teams pick if we will be marooned with Luton and maybe Burnley

I’m not saying hecky is a terrible manager but he is yet to show he is a top manager as wilder has already done so

Getting a team promoted who should be promoted is a good job but plenty of other managers could have done that 👍

Most of your points there can be applied the opposite way though.

We DID stay in the PL (and almost finished in Europe might I add), and although we'll never know, would probably have had a good chance of staying there the second season were it not for a complete freak situation out of his control.

I think it's fair to say that the injury record under Hecky is more than just a coincidence now, and it's very likely to be linked to his management/training style rather than simply bad luck (this is not necessarily a bad thing). Also, the takeover situation is often cited as a distraction for Hecky, but Wilder also achieved what he did with the board in a very public tug of war.

Wilder built a squad that literally did that. We've no idea if Hecky has.

This is exactly the same record as Wilder's disaster season which was under very different circumstances, yet he is often slammed for it.

I don't think I've seen anyone say Hecky should be sacked, but I don't think he should be immune from it should results and performances be consistently poor. I also don't think the Prince would simply give him a free pass. Nor should Wilder be dismissed as an option just because he left during a season that was basically a series of training matches.

It shouldn’t be should we sack hecky as he doesn’t deserve to be sacked

It should be is there a better manager out there who could come in and give us a better chance of staying up

Looking at the fixtures if we get to fulham away and we lose that you get rid of hecky and get wilder back

You be proactive not reactive 👍

1695209176233.png

Given the Moon Landings probably runs at about 60% and The Earth is Round at let's say, generously, 80%; I don't know how many people think the sun will come up in the morning, but this poll might be the most certain thing in the world at the moment.

Hecky took over a relegated team with one of if not the best squad in the league

Gibbs white and ndiaye are the two bets attacking players we have had in my lifetime

We aren’t competing we have 1 point from 5 games and if other teams pick if we will be marooned with Luton and maybe Burnley

I’m not saying hecky is a terrible manager but he is yet to show he is a top manager as wilder has already done so

Getting a team promoted who should be promoted is a good job but plenty of other managers could have done that 👍
Have you applied for the job? Sounds like you could do it.

Wilders fall from grace started with Covid / JOC’s retirement / a poor summer transfer window

He then lost his head and wanted to leave

Let's examine a little more closely:
  • Was COVID really a factor? Yes, we had to play games in empty stadiums, but so did every other team. When matches restarted, the club put out "raring to go" messages - in reality we looked anything but.
  • Didn't JoC's injury occur in one of Wilder's "full contact" training sessions?
  • Wilder has to take some of the responsibility for those poor transfer windows.
How many times did Wilder threaten to resign? If he does come back, what's changed to stop him "losing his head" and walking away again? It was great while it lasted but the PL has moved on.

View attachment 171414

Given the Moon Landings probably runs at about 60% and The Earth is Round at let's say, generously, 80%; I don't know how many people think the sun will come up in the morning, but this poll might be the most certain thing in the world at the moment.

I don't think anyone would seriously want it at the moment, including the club, despite what that hideous newspaper has tried to drum up. Those 32 votes are surely people on the wind up and if not, I'd like to hear their reasons.

Later down the line though, if/when Heckingbottom's reign becomes untenable, it's a conversation worth having and I'm sure the voting would look very different.

• Was COVID really a factor? Yes, we had to play games in empty stadiums, but so did every other team. When matches restarted, the club put out "raring to go" messages - in reality we looked anything but.
  • Didn't JoC's injury occur in one of Wilder's "full contact" training sessions?
  • Wilder has to take some of the responsibility for those poor transfer windows.
How many times did Wilder threaten to resign? If he does come back, what's changed to stop him "losing his head" and walking away again? It was great while it lasted but the PL has moved on.
JOC wouldn't have even been training if it wasn't for COVID, so that was another COVID factor really.

Our third and fourth Premier League transfer windows would have also looked very different without COVID, I imagine.

Of course its possible but the gulf gets bigger financially year on year.

Burnley have spent far more than us and look shocking. Everton will probably kick on now with the new owners. Without investment and a takeover it will be a miracle to stay up.

Yes Wilder did amazingly our first year back up but I'm not one for returning to old managers. He was poor for boro and poor for Watford. His transfer record wasn't exactly great and he didn't like playing any of the youngsters. If Wilder had stayed its unlikely Ndiaye would have ever even played more than 5 games for this club.

Heckingbotham has earned his chance to have at least this full season. If you disagree then i don't know what else you think he could be doing or have done?
Have to disagree about Burnley, yes like us have had a poor start but on Monday against forest they played them off the park and was unfortunate not to win if they can play like that it's doubtful they'll go down in my opinion.

Have to disagree about Burnley, yes like us have had a poor start but on Monday against forest they played them off the park and was unfortunate not to win if they can play like that it's doubtful they'll go down in my opinion.
I was referring more to how they look quite weak defensively but i agree they certainly appear to be more creative than we are.

Who do you see finishing below them though? Do you think Everton, Wolves or Bournemouth are worse or anyone else?

The rumour is bollocks move on, Hecky team manager wise is the best we have had for a long time. Wilder's tactics worked but ultimately if he was a pig or a non-blade what he did to get out of the club and the comments made during his tenure made himself look very immature and not a man-manager or club representative. Warnock for when 4-4-2 big man, little man was fashionable and they don't like it up them was fantastic at delivery however again not fashionable in this age.

I am in the Hecky stays regardless this season and should be judged on next season. The problem we have is our managers have either been ex-blades players/fans or all English mostly Yorkshire other than Slav. You could suggest Ralph Hasenhüttl, I think he could do a job with the style of play and players here but not with the club based on the instant rejection he would get. Could Scott Parker do a job or is he not Northern enough?

As a club we now have players from different backgrounds in the starting squad, when the next appointment comes, which it will eventually unless there is an obvious candidate we have to try and break the "unfashionable Sheffield United" mould that we seem to have as there are only a limited number of English managers and even less Yorkshire ones.

I was referring more to how they look quite weak defensively but i agree they certainly appear to be more creative than we are.

Who do you see finishing below them though? Do you think Everton, Wolves or Bournemouth are worse or anyone else?
Wouldn't rule forest out in my opinion, don't think there as good as what the pundits make out.

Every team played in empty stadiums correct , but clearly it affected us far more

Whats whether he did it in a wilder training session got to do with it , our injury record under hecky has been far far far wore than under wilder so thats nonsense

Has wilder ever said he doesnt ? He also signed ndiaye/berge/ramsdale/mcburnie ?

Only Brewster of the big signings was a complete flop and that is partly due to inuries

I would be interested to see the Poll if we dont win by Fulham Away

Couldnt care less about Heckys feelings we gave him a job when he would have barely go one in league one with the best sqaud in the chamionship MGW/NDIAYE/BERGE)

The only thing we should care about is staying up and thats an S6BLADEMAN FACT

You know what you can do with those facts……

The only S6 fact is that this thread is a “Look at me” about him not Wilder or Hecky.

Sadly he’s learned not to insult the mods so he’s still here.

Back
Top Bottom