CONFIRMED Gustavo Hamer signs from Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hopefully he realised he wasn’t being booed and that people were saying “gooosssseeee”. He looked a bit shocked.

Coventry fan here. Hamer should be a really good signing for you. His form towards the back end of last season was fantastic, he was a huge factor in our run to the play off final. Superb passing, great energy and not afraid to put his foot in. He has been with us for 3 seasons and has steadily improved. Disciplinary issues he had when he first arrived have been ironed out.
He was always going to leave when we missed out on promotion and deserves his shot at the Prem. He’ll be a big fans favourite with you as he’s fully committed and always has time for the supporters.
Not the first central midfielder we’ve sent you following in the footsteps of John Fleck and Michael Doyle. Don’t worry his passing is better than Doyle’s!
All the best for the upcoming season.

Has he played as a number 10 at all for Coventry?

With the set pieces of Hamer and Doyle we really need to work on sticking them away (Egan)

Would deffo give us a real chance of staying up if we can be the set piece kings of the prem :)

With the set pieces of Hamer and Doyle we really need to work on sticking them away (Egan)

Would deffo give us a real chance of staying up if we can be the set piece kings of the prem :)
Why the reference to Doyle ? Is he really what we need now that we have Hamer and Souza ? Something more creative perhaps ?

Why the reference to Doyle ? Is he really what we need now that we have Hamer and Souza ? Something more creative perhaps ?
The more quality the better. By all accounts, Doyle is nailed on anyway :)

Hamer
Hamer
Gus Hamer

(tune: Blockbuster)

Don't shoot the messenger...
Hate to quote myself from another thread, but this has gotta be Gus' song:
I spent a good 7 or 8 minutes on a song for Hamer (assuming we're going with the Haymer pronunciation from his welcome video). It's to the tune of I'm a Believer:

He's our number 8
Gustavo Hamer
He's a Blade
He's playing down town

At Bramall Lane..

He's Gustavo Hamer he's gonna save us from going doooown

from a Cov fan. Great to see Hamer performed well last night but sorry you lost.

He is going to be a great player for you: he can pass, tackle, score goals and cover a lot of ground in a game. Gus can play in any number of positions across the midfield and that includes wide, just behind the forward or playing a defensive role.

The only flaw is his temperament, which is something that put Rangers FC off last year. Sometimes, his temper can erupt, especially if he is targeted by other clubs.

He was a £20 million player for Cov worth £8 million and you paid double that. What I mean is that his value would drop towards January 2024 and I suspect a couple of clubs were waiting to sign him for free because they felt £16 million was too much for a player in the last year of his contract.

Maybe Sheffield United were willing to pay that because you needed signings and you had the money to spend. That’s why you signed him as other clubs waited. I think you will also find that Gus Hamer had no intention of signing for a Championship club, which is why Leeds didn’t get anywhere.

Something else to remember: Gus has said it often enough but he wants to play for Feyenoord one day.

Best wishes for the season.

Bit late to the party here as I've had a heavy weekend, but what a fucking strike that was. Edge of the box, curled straight into the top corner. Looks a really classy player, cracking signing. Well done Hecky et al for getting him in. Really excited to see him play.

He's had pics on his Instagram of his kid in a United shirt - hard not to find that sweet

So 50% of fans round us were saying Haymer the other 50% Harmer. Which is correct?

He's a very fit player. Great engine. Great athlete for his size, and has the aggression to go with it. The way he chased back and won the ball in the last minute said a lot - distance, intensity, tackle. He belongs in the PL. If we get relegated he won't come down with us

Back
Top Bottom