Gone Elsewhere Divock Origi

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Prince did say the transfer money is there to be used how Hecky sees fit. He even said we could pay a player £100k a week if it’s what Hecky wanted.

I think it’s unlikely we’d blow that much money on a loan, but you never know.

Is this based on anything concrete or just wishful thinking?
The Club are confident and the player wants it if City ain’t playing him. As I said from start he was our first choice loan. If we were that desperate for Doyle he’d be here by now and the only reason he will be here is if McAtee isn’t available.

This is more possible than you may think we’re prepared to offer majority off his wages and we’ve had encouragement that he’s interested. Loads of players being looked at though Batshuayi and King are 2 we’ve enquired about but we’ve also looked at Josh Sargent although he’s a little further down the list but wouldn’t count it out. I’m still expecting McAtee to be here come the end off the window aswell.
Shame we won’t enquire for 2 of them I’d take batshauyi and origi on loan for season

Would definitely be a mixed response but I think he’d be ideal for us. I like the idea behind it anyway.

At least Hecky & the recruitment team seem to understand what’s required in the PL as Origi is the exact profile of striker we actually need. Jean-Phillipe Mateta is another we could look at.
Yep he’s another one we’ve looked at. There’s loads we've enquired about and we’re even putting bids in for some but that will all change if Villa decide to accept our offer for Archer. Depends if Hecky wants to wait or pull the trigger.

Yep he’s another one we’ve looked at. There’s loads we've enquired about and we’re even putting bids in for some but that will all change if Villa decide to accept our offer for Archer. Depends if Hecky wants to wait or pull the trigger.
Why is Hecky waiting to pull a trigger ??

At this point, I'd crawl over hot coals if we could get both McAtee and Origi before the window shuts.

Chuck in some defensive cover, and we might be in business.

Why is Hecky waiting to pull a trigger ??
Is he prepared to wait for Archer and for Villa to decide at the risk of someone else coming in for him and us ending up scrambling around or does he want to push ahead with other players that we could get in quicker.

Is he prepared to wait for Archer and for Villa to decide at the risk of someone else coming in for him and us ending up scrambling around or does he want to push ahead with other players that we could get in quicker.
Cheers mate 👍👍

If that's the case then we should give Villa a deadline for when our offer runs out. If they haven't accepted a bid by then, then move on. It wasn't meant to be this time. We can't fuck about and be waiting on Villa maybe accepting our offer nearer the time, as what happens if they don't. We would be royally fucked as we would probably miss out on players who had been available in the meantime. Villa shouldn't have it all their own way in the negotiations. So bid on table, accept by x date, or our offer is withdrawn. Let them think that they might be losing out on a fee and put some pressure on them. Archer isn't the be all and end all, though he is a very decent player.

Last edited:
If that's the case then we should give Villa a deadline for when our offer runs out. If they haven't accepted a bid by then, then move on. It wasn't meant to be this time. We can't fuck about and be waiting on Villa maybe accepting our offer nearer the time, as what happens if they don't. We would be royally fucked as we would probably miss out on players who had been available in the meantime. Villa shouldn't have it all their own way in the negotiations. So bid in table, accept by x date, or our offer is withdrawn. Let them think that they might be losing out on a free and out pressure on them. Archer isn't the be all and end all though he is a very decent player.
I agree.

Origi would be a great signing, one I always thought was unrealistic. Has all the attributes we need in a CF at this level and will get double figures in any league if a regular starter

It's alright waiting for Archer for another few days (NOT until deadline day) but our offer has to be something they could realistically accept. Anything that doesn't guarantee them at least 15m, and we need to either up our bid, or move onto other targets already

My memories of Origi are that he barely scores but when he does they really matter. He only ever seemed to score on big occasions for Liverpool. He’s far from prolific though.

If we are prepared to foot Origis wage then we should throw a cheeky attempt at Lukaku half joking half not.

No one wants him, Chelsea would contribute to his wages, they would be half tempted by loaning him to a PL non rival to maybe disrupt their title rivals.

Last edited:
2 goals in 42 appearances for AC Milan 😬

I recon they probably create a lot more chances than us as well.

He's never had an amazing strike rate, but he can score important goals out of nothing.

Would be happy if we got him but wouldn't be all that fussed if we missed out on him either.

The suggestions are getting more bizarre by the day and here for it. I’ve gone past the stage of having personal preferences and I’m fully invested in rumours linking us with the likes of Origi. Absolutely wild.
I know what you mean. It’s almost like people trawl the internet for someone in a random league with a bit of promise, pretend to have some in depth knowledge about said player, then become incredulous that they aren’t ‘on the radar’.

Back
Top Bottom