Carney Chukwuemeka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think if we played 3-4-3, then he would fit well, in one of the inside forward roles. If we keep this system, Hecky might want someone who offers a bit more defensively than McAtee in the Prem ( although I would love to keep McAtee). Carney is a lot stronger physically and perhaps better suited to dropping deeper and shoring up midfield. Question for me, he is on 100k a week and Chelsea need to really reduce their overheads, how much would they actually subsidise and would it be value to us.
Depending if the deal gets over the line if presuming it's a 1 year loan deal it's like us signing him for £5million at 100% wages, is he worth the gamble if he gets crocked we don't want to end up short or paying for a player on the treatment table.

They're apparently flogging Gallgher, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi and Mount. It's not a place for a young player to come through and make their mark.
Loftus-Cheek rumoured to be off to AC Milan which is a strange move but imagine he won't be cheap either.

Be great for all parties. Gets in our team and has time to develop in the Premier League without the pressure of Chelsea. Chelsea get a better player when he goes back

I think there'll be a lot of competition for both, but Chukwuemeka or C Palmer would be superb for us.

I'd take Maatsen as a proper upgrade at LWB too but Burnley have struggled all Summer to get that done so I doubt we could afford it.

If Chelsea sign Olise I can’t see Chukwuemeka not being loaned out. I’m sure he’ll improve us but he didn’t look up to much vs Liverpool at the weekend so I’m not surprised Poch is keen on better options if possible.

If Chelsea sign Olise I can’t see Chukwuemeka not being loaned out. I’m sure he’ll improve us but he didn’t look up to much vs Liverpool at the weekend so I’m not surprised Poch is keen on better options if possible.
Isn't Olise long term injured now though?

Isn't Olise long term injured now though?
Chelsea have just activated his release clause to sign him, although it’s a fair point that Carney would still be useful in the meantime while he’s injured.

Wouldn't Chukwuemeka play the same role/position as Hamer?
Not to fixate on this but he’s left footed and would bring quite a lot of balance to our midfield. He can play ten or 8. No reason why he couldn’t play with Hamer. Either with Hamer operating on the other side of a three or with one of them as a 10.

Chelsea have just activated his release clause to sign him, although it’s a fair point that Carney would still be useful in the meantime while he’s injured.

Not to fixate on this but he’s left footed and would bring quite a lot of balance to our midfield. He can play ten or 8. No reason why he couldn’t play with Hamer. Either with Hamer operating on the other side of a three or with one of them as a 10.
He's right footed

He's right footed
I stand corrected. I watched him the whole of the game on Sunday and thought he was left-footed. Maybe he is one of those mystical players who can use both feet a bit. We never seem to be able to find those players.

I stand corrected. I watched him the whole of the game on Sunday and thought he was left-footed. Maybe he is one of those mystical players who can use both feet a bit. We never seem to be able to find those players.
Looks like he uses his left more than most, and is comfortable enough playing on the left side, as you'd expect with a player of that calibre

I take it they're wanting to keep Madueke around the first team this season then?
He looks a top prospect too.

The hoarding of players is ridiculous.

All on monster wages, I bet. The only two I'd say are worth it are Chalobah, has played in a back 3 and looks alright. As well as Chukwuemeka. Still not sold on Gallagher or the others...

Gallagher is a solid players was very good for Swansea and then solid for Palace. Doubt we could afford him though so doesn’t matter.

Back
Top Bottom