Carney Chukwuemeka

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Keep seeing this doing the rounds on twitter. Would be a decent signing as he's highly rated at Chelsea but needs game time.

What's the plan with him exactly?

Because surely we're hoping for and possibly expecting to have Berge, Doyle and OBrien?

Can he play as advanced as McAtee ?

He played RCM for Chelsea last week

I think if we played 3-4-3, then he would fit well, in one of the inside forward roles. If we keep this system, Hecky might want someone who offers a bit more defensively than McAtee in the Prem ( although I would love to keep McAtee). Carney is a lot stronger physically and perhaps better suited to dropping deeper and shoring up midfield. Question for me, he is on 100k a week and Chelsea need to really reduce their overheads, how much would they actually subsidise and would it be value to us.

The one positive for us is poch taking over at Chelsea as we know he has always said nice things about us
But because of how pleased Pep is with how we have developed the 2 boys I have heard he wants to use us again
I have a friend who's (supposed to be ITK) involved with someone at the club

Because surely we're hoping for and possibly expecting to have Berge, Doyle and OBrien?

What makes you think we’d be expecting to have O’Brien?

They will if they aren't in their plans, eg wasn't Coady on loan at Everton from Wolves?
Coady seems to be the exception rather than the rule. It’s probably driven by the 25 man squad limit. You’d rather keep your senior players and loan the kids out.

Any clubs loaning out more senior players tend to send them abroad.

I fully expect the 2 loans to be kids from “top 6” sides. I think any fees will be spent on Championship/foreign players and any experienced Prem players will come in on free transfers

He's on £55k a week at Wolves. Not unreasonable to think that a 40-45k a week deal would be beneath him at a club he knows and has spoken glowingly about before. Would imagine Brewster will now be on a similar amount to that after promotion 😬

I think O'Brien is very realistic and will fill the left mid role I can see coming in permanently. Then this Chukwuemeka on loan in the middle and Berge on the right and then we'll need one or two more for cover, Norwood for one of the positions as cover no doubt.

I can't see Doyle coming back, more likely McAtee on loan, unless City are prepared to loan out Doyle again.

He looks brilliant. Surely Chelsea will use him next season.
I suspect he's somewhere towards the back of the queue. Conor Callagher struggles for game time. As do much more experienced players.

That midfield will not work, imo. I can't see it happening in the first place but we need more athleticism.

They're apparently flogging Gallgher, Chalobah, Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi and Mount. It's not a place for a young player to come through and make their mark.
Hudson-Odoi has almost become forgotten about

I think O'Brien is very realistic and will fill the left mid role I can see coming in permanently. Then this Chukwuemeka on loan in the middle and Berge on the right and then we'll need one or two more for cover, Norwood for one of the positions as cover no doubt.

I can't see Doyle coming back, more likely McAtee on loan, unless City are prepared to loan out Doyle again.

ive a feeling pep will allow doyle to come to us on loan again apparently hes been impressed with the way weve brought the 2 city lads on possibly with a view to buy at the end of the season and im definetly expecting obrien to sign as well 5m imo

Back
Top Bottom