Hecky presser today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As much as this is annoying I get the club's actions IF he was 100% unwilling to sign a new contract regardless. Getting £12-15m now is important to a club that's financially f*cked.

If there was a slight chance he would re-sign then we should have stuck with him. I presume Sander was reluctant to commit until he saw how we started the season and the players we signed.
Or if Mr 25% decided to put a full shift in,1 good game in 4 is no good to the club glad he's gone to be honest

I think its sensible to say that we have a good chance of staying up with him, but it's also about balancing the books and looking after the future beyond this season. We could still go down with him, then lose him for free and have an even more thread bare squad.

The most worrying thing this summer, for me, isn't that we've sold Berge and Ndiaye for less than their worth, its that we have a squad so small that we may not have enough players to last the season if we continue with our injury rates from last season.

If the sale enables longer term deals for more first team players (not just squad fillers), then i think it makes more sense

Theres a reason i've never used Shoutbox.
I’m cutting back since something was posted regarding me other week , posted a few things today but mostly it’s nah mate fuck that

30mill we got for both berge and ndiaye could be us losing 200m that we'd have got next season if we stayed up so you could say its a gamble. Selling your best players means the chance of staying up is lower.

But on the flip side...

If we kept them both and went down, it's also a gamble as we'd have lost 30m...

I know which gamble I'd prefer to take......

This fucking wanker off Radio Sheffield
To be fair he's (Rob Staton?) doing his job.

If the questions sound like the questions of a fucking wanker - and they do - it's because the toy-chucking fucking wankers are the ones who have been the most, er, vocal for the past week; and when I say "vocal" I mean "screaming at the pitch of their lungs like weapons-grade toddlers having a nuclear meltdown".

Rob Staton seems like a decent bloke and a good journalist, I half wonder if he wishes he had better questions to ask, but to some extent it's his job to channel the voice of the people, and when a lot of the people are acting insane then it makes his job very difficult.

Or maybe he's just a twat. I don't know. :)

30mill we got for both berge and ndiaye could be us losing 200m that we'd have got next season if we stayed up so you could say its a gamble. Selling your best players means the chance of staying up is lower.

But on the flip side...

It's very easy as fans that don't own a football club to suggest what's best for the club without thinking about contracts, values, accounts and the overall club finances as well as the future.

Keeping Berge and Ndiaye wasn't a guarantee that we'd stay up.

Think kompany has said in his interview that berge no where near were he needs to be yet we all thought he had a good pre season except Saturday.

What business can write off that kind of money. We had cah flow problems in January
We all know PA hasnt enough cash to finance the club

Its great all this incoming money but theres a hell of a lot of money going out
You really wouldnt know how to run a business would you ?
But it’s easy in reality, isn’t it? You turn off the computer, switch it back on again, and reboot the game.

I've got it all along. Seems a high percentage on here, and 80% on twitter don't understand it.

Calling out "Snake" Bettis and demanding the Prince leaves... then what?

But don't you think it's a little unfair on people paying good money, to basically write off a season?

Yes we may not stay up, but we'd be a damn site more competitive with illy and Berge than without, and you never know we could just stay up. We've bagged good money for getting promoted, surely to the gods we can be sensible and safeguard ourselves without selling off the family silver?

But don't you think it's a little unfair on people paying good money, to basically write off a season?

Yes we may not stay up, but we'd be a damn site more competitive with illy and Berge than without, and you never know we could just stay up. We've bagged good money for getting promoted, surely to the gods we can be sensible and safeguard ourselves without selling off the family silver?
Illy was different. We nearly got that contract signed.
Berge whilst maintaining professionalism, has always stated he will run his contract down. This has been done from a business point of view only.

People often say in the transfer window it's a domino effect. Berge leaving may be the first one to fall. It would have been better if we could gamble and bring in the others first, but it's no secret that we're skint.

The Prince wants to sell the club, but selling our best players won't make it attractive to whoever wants to buy the club. The prince wants £170m apparently. so any new owner pays that and then has to spend another £100m plus. getting players to keep us in the Premier League. making' us a joke sooner he goes the better.I hope a new buyer comes in, and tells the prince to piss off your not staying.

Been thinking about it, and Hecky says he's hopeful of a player coming in before Palace. Don't the medicals take two days now?

That would mean a player has been having a medical today, no?
Surely you know the answer to this. No?

Illy was different. We nearly got that contract signed.
Berge whilst maintaining professionalism, has always stated he will run his contract down. This has been done from a business point of view only.

People often say in the transfer window it's a domino effect. Berge leaving may be the first one to fall. It would have been better if we could gamble and bring in the others first, but it's no secret that we're skint.

So basically illy left, the prince thought fuck it we're going down, may as well cash in?

The team and club hasn’t written off the season, that’s complete nonsense.

The team will give its best every game

But on the flip side...

It would be a lot more significant than ‘just’ losing 30Mio. We’d also have lost both players anyway, most of our squad would be out of contract, and we’d have an even bigger cash flow crisis on our hands, leading to a fire sale and a multi-season rebuilding project in the lower divisions.

It would have been a huge and irresponsible gamble on behalf of our club. That said, before Illi chose to leave, I would have been tempted to give it a go ( it’s not my money, either 😂). Once Illi went, our chances of survival pretty much went with him. I think it was then a no brainer to cash in on Berge ( much as I like him) - on the important proviso that we can use all funds generated to rebuild the core of a new squad on permanent contracts, and augment this with a couple of loanees. If we do finish going down this season ( which is still, and always has been, the most likely ( but not inevitable) outcome), then we should be well poised for a much faster recovery.

The team and club hasn’t written off the season, that’s complete nonsense.

The team will give its best every game

That goes without saying, but with the squad as is I think it would be naivety at best to think they aren't going in hamstrung.
I'm sure Lewis Hamilton would still try his best if he was given an Austin Allegro but he'd have bollocks all chance of winning

That's how it reads to me as well. Explore his options still means "Yeah I will play this season but I won't be here next season. Ignore the fact I am the highest paid player at the club already and you've stuck with me through serious injury. You don't mind losing £15million because I am a nice guy right?"
There were two parties to the contract and he has no obligation to the club regarding a new one, that's the way it goes. Nothing to do with his personality, performances or injury record.

There were two parties to the contract and he has no obligation to the club regarding a new one, that's the way it goes. Nothing to do with his personality, performances or injury record.

We have no obligation to not sell him either.

That goes without saying, but with the squad as is I think it would be naivety at best to think they aren't going in hamstrung.
I'm sure Lewis Hamilton would still try his best if he was given an Austin Allegro but he'd have bollocks all chance of winning
So what’s your point?

We’re in the premier league, but we’re not very good. However, we’ll still give it a go.

We don’t have millions to compete with sides spending tens of millions on players… ironically because we did the same ourselves previously and still got relegated.

I don’t think there’s a straight forward answer to placate many fans. But let’s not forget we’re in the premier league without a pot to piss in, which is better than being league one without a pot to piss in

agreed

However what it appears he’s saying is I will play this season, then consider my options next year, which will be a lucrative signing on fee and wage increase somewhere else, or you’ll have to match that should I decide to stay

As a club that would cost us the £15m transfer fee we have received

Would be interesting to see what SB would have said if we’d replied “no problem, you make your mind up in July 24, that’ll cost us £15m, half it??”

Exactly the same at spurs with Kane, and they have one of the riches owners in the world

We held onto him and Illy in Jan, got us up, offered improved deals, they refuse to sign, we sell to fund replacement’s

Had we kept them and they both walked for nowt next year, as we went back into an embargo people would have been calling the prince out - quite rightly on that

So what’s your point?

We’re in the premier league, but we’re not very good. However, we’ll still give it a go.

We don’t have millions to compete with sides spending tens of millions on players… ironically because we did the same ourselves previously and still got relegated.

I don’t think there’s a straight forward answer to placate many fans. But let’s not forget we’re in the premier league without a pot to piss in, which is better than being league one without a pot to piss in

I don't think there is an answer, I guess shrugging our shoulders and getting on with it is all we can do.
I maybe am a little surprised that more hasn't been done to investigate exactly where the money has gone, but I suspect that's beyond the ken of most people.
I understand the anger and frustration, because there is literally fuck all we can do about something we are emotionally invested in

Finally people start to get it
Or.... we offer him a better contract?

I suspect reading the info from today and past week Sander has been presented with this situation:

• Here's a new contract offer
  • Sanders agent has said Burnley will offer more. Or that Burnley don't have a big wage reduction if relegated so it's better potentially.
  • And Sander says happy to stay and see out contract and re assess next season. But fyi another club (Burnley) might offer me this etc.
  • Burnley bid whatever we've accepted.
  • Sufc wanna sign that deal?
  • Sander says no would want some improvement on it to do so like what Burnley have offered. But I'll not leave I'll play and let's see next summer.
  • Sufc, Fees good enough need you to go. And if you don't go we might or will freeze you out.
  • Sander, ok I'll go.
Interesting that although the prince is firmer with bids for our players I do think he learnt a bit off McCabe.
Such as we can't stand in a players way being the stance nearly every time it's one of our higher sought after players.
You can and other clubs do sometimes....

I personally think the prince doesn't rate him as high so didn't want to offer him enough. Yet hecky probably did.

I don't think there is an answer, I guess shrugging our shoulders and getting on with it is all we can do.
I maybe am a little surprised that more hasn't been done to investigate exactly where the money has gone, but I suspect that's beyond the ken of most people.
I understand the anger and frustration, because there is literally fuck all we can do about something we are emotionally invested in
Have a look at the accounts. That’s often a big clue.

We’ve had high interest loans because we didn’t have cash flow and we’ve had several expensive players out injured whilst still on the pay roll

What type of investigation would you demand to get to the bottom of a privately owned business losing money but still being successful?

Or.... we offer him a better contract?

I suspect reading the info from today and past week Sander has been presented with this situation:

• Here's a new contract offer
  • Sanders agent has said Burnley will offer more. Or that Burnley don't have a big wage reduction if relegated so it's better potentially.
  • And Sander says happy to stay and see out contract and re assess next season. But fyi another club (Burnley) might offer me this etc.
  • Burnley bid whatever we've accepted.
  • Sufc wanna sign that deal?
  • Sander says no would want some improvement on it to do so like what Burnley have offered. But I'll not leave I'll play and let's see next summer.
  • Sufc, Fees good enough need you to go. And if you don't go we might or will freeze you out.
  • Sander, ok I'll go.
Interesting that although the prince is firmer with bids for our players I do think he learnt a bit off McCabe.
Such as we can't stand in a players way being the stance nearly every time it's only of our higher sought after players.
You can and other clubs do sometimes....
Could we afford to offer him a better contract? How would that fit in with the structure of the club and the finances?

Could we afford to offer him a better contract? How would that fit in with the structure of the club and the finances?
I'm guessing yes.
I don't think Burnley blew us out the water.

I don't think the prince valued him as high as hecky and co. I get the impression the Prince is having a much much bigger say on transfers than he should.

Back
Top Bottom