Prince on Sheff United Way

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Un-merged, please use this thread for comments and reaction.

Go on then, for those who have watched it, what % is hot air and waffle?

I have given up already - waffle and nothing that wasn't really known already Apart from a vague bit which implies that ideally the Prince would like to maintain some share in the club and that means he doesn't want to sell 100 percent of the club

I have given up already - waffle and nothing that wasn't really known already Apart from a vague bit which implies that ideally the Prince would like to maintain some share in the club and that means he doesn't want to sell 100 percent of the club
Wouldn't like to write the brochure for this one.

Club for sale, no players and an owner who wants out but also wants to stay on.

He seemed to suggest that he’d be ok with selling 100%. I didn’t get the impression that the only deal he was willing to accept is one where is maintains a percentage of the club

Club sale advanced talks but not imminent. Preference is for PA to remain as a minor share holder and therefore still involved, but of course may not happen if any potential new owner wishes to own 100% of the club

Seems like a bloke that can talk fairly straightforwardly, and some credit to him for appearing on this - but huge gaping holes in the answers to the big questions.

Finally, I thought Nick and Hal did well; asked some fairly probing questions without being aggressive. Tough gig for them.

Easy to be critical but I rhought he made some very good points, especially regarding all of the contracts running down at the end of the season.

I guess as ever the proof will be in the pudding. If we bring in 4 or 5 very good signings in the next few weeks things will look to be back on track

Thanks Nick and Hal.

Interesting and informative and plenty of decent challenging questions on the topics we care about the most.

As ever, it’s up to the interviewee if they choose not to answer everything in full. But given the obvious constraints re finances and contractuals I think the Prince was reasonably open where he could be.

Overall quite decent YorkBlade - appreciate you're treading a fine line and it's entirely your gig to do as you please.

Would've liked to have heard some greater detail on the overall financial footing of the club, how many players we think we need (how many do management want), when do we expect to finalise the squad, what's the medium/long-term plan if we don't get investment etc.

Is there ever a chance of getting Bettis on?

Most of the responses so far seem to be very unfair.
I thought PA was honest as one can be (he even admits he was just going to tell the world the fee for Illiman) and he made me laugh (he's good at irony).
I also have been very sad with Illiman leaving. He explains it all, the reasons, and the conversations he had will Illiman.
I feel reasurred.
I cannot think of another owner of a Premiere League club who would give such an interview. So well done Hal and Nick for giving PA the trust to speak to you both!

Last edited:
Overall quite decent YorkBlade - appreciate you're treading a fine line and it's entirely your gig to do as you please.

Would've liked to have heard some greater detail on the overall financial footing of the club, how many players we think we need (how many do management want), when do we expect to finalise the squad, what's the medium/long-term plan if we don't get investment etc.

Is there ever a chance of getting Bettis on?
We can ask about Bettis in the future, we have before but it hasn't quite been the right time.

Prince is and always has been an ok bloke.

The trouble is he just does not have the finances or the clout to run a championship or premier league club.

Within 12 months of his ownership the club had outgrown him and his plan was to clearly bring people in as associates whilst his name was down as the owner - clever really.

Unfortunately the new shareholders and additional funds didn’t come meaning he’s now sat as the same decent bloke but without enough money. He’s simply trying to get his money back that Chris Wilder spent and make a tidy profit with the sale figure.

Let’s just keep limping on - something’s got to go our way eventually!

Good interview lads.
Totally agree with the things he said although I don't actually think the clubs best interest is what it's about. Selling players and reinvesting In the squad only actually boosts the value of tied down players that in returns gets him more money. Will he sell? I'm still yet to believe it.

So he wants praise for appointing Hecky because it was a big decision and he got it right. In fact, he always knew Hecky was the right choice. It was the bloody fans who wouldn't have accepted him, so he went for Slav instead. So despite knowing Hecky was the best man for the job, he bottled it because he was scared of the fan reaction.

He caps this rambling mess off by saying anyone can make obvious decisions, but big decisions, when the fans are against you, are when an owner really deserves credit. :oops:

Good interview lads.
Totally agree with the things he said although I don't actually think the clubs best interest is what it's about. Selling players and reinvesting In the squad only actually boosts the value of tied down players that in returns gets him more money. Will he sell? I'm still yet to believe it.
High praise indeed coming from the master 🙌

So he wants praise for appointing Hecky because it was a big decision and he got it right. In fact, he always knew Hecky was the right choice. It was the bloody fans who wouldn't have accepted him, so he went for Slav instead. So despite knowing Hecky was the best man for the job, he bottled it because he was scared of the fan reaction.

He caps this rambling mess off by saying anyone can make obvious decisions, but big decisions, when the fans are against you, are when an owner really deserves credit. :oops:
He was right though
This forum was full of furious fannys saying hecky would be the cheap option and demaded a slav type manager

His mistake was not allowing slav to sign the players he needed to fit his system
In retrospect he should have simply kept hecky on

Back
Top Bottom