CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm very much in the camp of hoping PSG romp the league again and marseille get knocked out of the champions league in the first group stage and then get dicked by Brighton in the europa straight after.

Every single one of their fans I've seen comment over our social media platforms has been a fucking entitled bellend.

I hope Ndiaye does well though so I can see them all crying in 3 years time when he fucks off to Barcelona on a free transfer.
It's probably a bunch of teenagers from one Marseille school or something. Fair to assume most of Marseilles ultras probably don't give a ahit about Twitter.

I would have wished him well. Until the videos surfaced of him in the airport.
Now for me once he signs for the french cunts he’s just a memory.
I hope he never kicks a ball in Champions League,they lose in the French Cup Final. & he doesnt get picked for Senegal again.
& the Senagal manager says ‘If you had stayed with the Blades i’d have picked you Illy’.
He can't be happy? What's he done wrong there?!

If you were signing for Blades after a nice couple of seasons at Marseille... Would you be stoney faced?

I don't really have a problem with Ndiaye in the airport videos. It's not like he asked all the fans to turn out for him. Put yourself in his shoes and you get off the plane to sign for your boyhood club. Your lifetime dream is about to come true. I'd be smiling too if I was met by that. It's amazing scenes for the lad and flattering for him. So what if he's wearing a Marseille scarf, he's about to sign for them, the club he supports. What was he supposed to do, fly out there in full Sheffield United kit and only take it off when the ink dries on the Marseille contract? He's hardly going to look grumpy, ignore them all and tell them to sod off as he's still a United player. Get a grip.

Put the shoe on the foot and imagine if we did this to Sharp when he signed for us from Scunthorpe or Leeds. Do you think we'd give a toss what their fans thought of it? No we wouldn't. So let's not be hypocrites about this. We lauded having Chris Wilder as our manager with Sharp as our captain. We revelled in it. We loved it.

I don't really have a problem with Ndiaye in the airport videos. It's not like he asked all the fans to turn out for him. Put yourself in his shoes and you get off the plane to sign for your boyhood club. Your lifetime dream is about to come true. I'd be smiling too if I was met by that. It's amazing scenes for the lad and flattering for him. So what if he's wearing a Marseille scarf, he's about to sign for them, the club he supports. What was he supposed to do, fly out there in full Sheffield United kit and only take it off when the ink dries on the Marseille contract? He's hardly going to look grumpy, ignore them all and tell them to sod off as he's still a United player. Get a grip.

Put the shoe on the foot and imagine if we did this to Sharp when he signed for us from Scunthorpe or Leeds. Do you think we'd give a toss what their fans thought of it? No we wouldn't. So let's not be hypocrites about this. We lauded having Chris Wilder as our manager with Sharp as our captain. We revelled in it. We loved it.

Actually Sharp isn't a good example. He cares quite a bit how he is viewed by the likes Soton, Scunny and Donny fans maybe a bit less so Leeds and Forest for obvious reasons in recent times. It shows though as he speaks highly about his previous clubs on social media and he is very proud of his achievements at his previous clubs. Those things didn't obviously stop him moving back to us. I just don't think he would leave in a way that would upset fans of that club by downing tools or leading them down the garden path by claiming he wanted to sign a new deal.

Last edited:

Just to reinforce it a bit...

Wilder was literally on the way to sign for Charlton when United gave him a bell, wasn't he? We didn't have an issue with that one.

A lot of poor things from Iliman this last week but would it be fair to say it evens itself out?

Contrasting these two events, who gave us more to celebrate? Iliman in 2 seasons or Wilder in 4?

I can't really see what he was supposed to have done wrong at the airport. Lad was excited and being lauded by the fans of the club who he will sign for imminentlyvanr which happen to be his boyhood club. Give the lad a break. He always gave everything to SUFCs cause when he was wearing our shirt on the pitch and without him we wouldn't have been promoted. Simple as.

To start wishing ill on him because of something as trivial as him singing a song or wearing a scarf in an airport of his boyhood team just comes across as being a bitter bastard about it all. Time for some to grow up. I wish the lad well anyway.

Actually Sharp isn't a good example. He cares quite a bit how he is viewed by the likes Soton, Scunny and Donny fans maybe a bit less so Leeds and Forest for obvious reasons in recent times. It shows though as he speaks highly about his previous clubs on social media and he is very proud of his achievements at his previous clubs. Those things didn't obviously didn't stop him moving back to us. I just don't think he would leave in a way that would upset fans of that club by downing tools or leading them down the garden path by claiming he wanted to sign a new deal.
Hence why I said "imagine." It was a hypothetical scenario.

Wilder was literally on the way to sign for Charlton when United gave him a bell, wasn't he? We didn't have an issue with that one.

A lot of poor things from Iliman this last week but would it be fair to say it evens itself out?

Contrasting these two events, who gave us more to celebrate? Iliman in 2 seasons or Wilder in 4?
Arguably Wilder. But lets be right here,Wilder had a purple patch with us. He is now a busted flush after failed stints at Boro & Watford.

Hence why I said "imagine." It was a hypothetical scenario.

Yeah it's still just hard to even imagine based on Sharp as a person.

I only think Charlton got fucked off by Wilder turning them down only once we stormed League 1 by 100 points. :D

This all feels so familiar to me. In 2002 my local team Hannover got promoted into the Bundesliga. Was a fantastic season the year they went up, so many great memories. We had a Czech player, Jan Simak, 22 years old at the time, he completely dominated the league. Scored 18 goals as a midfield player. He was basically that team's Iliman, way too good for that league. Became a Czech international as well that season. Everybody was looking forward to watch him in the Bundesliga. And then he forced his way out, was pretty ugly. Went to Leverkusen and was never the same player.

It's a bittersweet feeling, celebrating promotion and losing your best player in the process. The team still managed to stay up though. So, there is hope. :)

This all feels so familiar to me. In 2002 my local team Hannover got promoted into the Bundesliga. Was a fantastic season the year they went up, so many great memories. We had a Czech player, Jan Simak, 22 years old at the time, he completely dominated the league. Scored 18 goals as a midfield player. He was basically that team's Iliman, way too good for that league. Became a Czech international as well that season. Everybody was looking forward to watch him in the Bundesliga. And then he forced his way out, was pretty ugly. Went to Leverkusen and was never the same player.

It's a bittersweet feeling, celebrating promotion and losing your best player in the process. The team still managed to stay up though. So, there is hope. :)
Is he available?

Can’t compare him and Wilder. It’s a completely different situation.

We’ve missed out on plenty of signings at the last second to other clubs. Remember Hamilton Ricard? Got a bit of stick when we played Boro and that was it.

It’s possible to enjoy signing for your “boyhood club” and still have some respect for the team who brought you into pro football and whose fans sang your name non stop for 2 years.

I remember a similar situation with Paul Ince and West Ham fans. That wasn’t forgive and forget.

If you’d have asked a month ago pretty much everyone would have wished him well and wanted to see him play for a genuinely big European club. I reckon at least 50% now see him as a rat and would quite happily never hear his name again.

We pulled out of the Ricard deal when McDonald’s wife got spat on in the car park

We pulled out of the Ricard deal when McDonald’s wife got spat on in the car park
I thought Boro just offered more coin? I remember the spitting though.

Either way there have been plenty ready to sign for us who’ve gone elsewhere. Completely different when it’s a fans favourite stringing everyone along for more coin for him and his “entourage”.

Actually Sharp isn't a good example. He cares quite a bit how he is viewed by the likes Soton, Scunny and Donny fans maybe a bit less so Leeds and Forest for obvious reasons in recent times. It shows though as he speaks highly about his previous clubs on social media and he is very proud of his achievements at his previous clubs. Those things didn't obviously stop him moving back to us. I just don't think he would leave in a way that would upset fans of that club by downing tools or leading them down the garden path by claiming he wanted to sign a new deal.
Illy neither downed tools nor claimed he wanted to sign a new deal, (publicly at least).

what more could the club have done ?
Sorted his contract situation out 18 months ago when it became clear that he was a star in the making who just needed some physical conditioning to get through 90 mins.
I'm fine with the fact that we took the only course of action NOW, it's just that the previous 18 months of financial mismanagement have led us to a point where Ndiaye is the first player of around 15 who are likely to leave us either in the last year of their contract, or even worse, walk for free at the end of their contract. It smacks of mismanagement and a lack of direction.

I'm gutted Iliman is leaving, but some of the bitter remarks just make us look silly.

He absolutely didn't down tools or have a a bad attitude. He just changed his mind/made a decision to move. Happens a thousand times every summer transfer window.

Wish the lad luck at the club he supports, hopefully he'll have a long glorious career.

I'll never forget how good he was for us. Helped us get promoted when we badly needed (HAD) to get promoted.

He’s not signed for them yet. He’s still our player. Its disrespectful towards us.
He had agreed terms with them before we agreed to sell so it's as good as. I literally don't care about it whatsoever the second the club accepted the bid he was gone in my eyes.

He had agreed terms with them before we agreed to sell so it's as good as. I literally don't care about it whatsoever the second the club accepted the bid he was gone in my eyes.
Although in classic Blades fashion it seems to be taking forever to get to the point of announcing it officially. I don't count El Accounto or an interview on someone else's YouTube as an official channel.

Although in classic Blades fashion it seems to be taking forever to get to the point of announcing it officially. I don't count El Accounto as an official channel.
Surely it would be Marseille announcing the signing? United would only follow up wishing him well after that?

The fucking replies to the Everton tickets tweet. We should pull the plug for that alone.
All joking apart United's twitter feeds could be basically knackered for a good while now being trolled to death by these cunts.

Although in classic Blades fashion it seems to be taking forever to get to the point of announcing it officially. I don't count El Accounto as an official channel.
Is it? Deal agreed Saturday traveled Sunday. It's likely their end doing all the media stuff but it's done.

People are so impatient to have confirmation of something we all know is happening I half expect them to demand an official announcement the sun is going to set this evening

Back
Top Bottom