Norrington-Davies & Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hamstring injuries r notorious for being repetitive. Having done both it's either generic or another problem often overlooked. That is that athletes susceptible to them actually do too much strength work on them. That results in them 'screaming rather than singing' as one top American coach once famously described it.

A pro footballer like Brewster will almost certainly be doing that unless our medical staff are knowledgeable enough and he is disciplined enough not to.
Would be very surprised if professional medical staff at a Premier League club didn't know things like this, if true 🙂

Would be very surprised if professional medical staff at a Premier League club didn't know things like this, if true 🙂
You should prepare to be surprised then because it goes on everywhere even at elite level. S&C coaches tend to know S&C but not necessarily sprinting and if he's doing Nordics it's especially likely. Train the movement not the muscle and u need to know the movement.

However I see we now have some kind of relationship with Speedworks which is run by one of, if not the, best sprint coaches in the country. Hopefully he is involved in both Brewster and RNDs rehab.

You should prepare to be surprised then because it goes on everywhere even at elite level. S&C coaches tend to know S&C but not necessarily sprinting and if he's doing Nordics it's especially likely. Train the movement not the muscle and u need to know the movement.

However I see we now have some kind of relationship with Speedworks which is run by one of, if not the, best sprint coaches in the country. Hopefully he is involved in both Brewster and RNDs rehab.
Please send a concerned email/letter to the club entitled "just in case". Seriously!

Shocks me the level of incompetence in high level employment - Dr's etc

Further to my comments above I see Nathan Hemingham, in his observations on yesterday's missing players , said that 'RND and Brewster' are not close to a return' following their hamstring injuries.

RND did his mid October and Brewster end of October I believe. What is going on ? That's 9 months out for both of them and they are still nowhere near a return! Hecky must be asking questions of our medical staff!

Further to my comments above I see Nathan Hemingham, in his observations on yesterday's missing players , said that 'RND and Brewster' are not close to a return' following their hamstring injuries.

RND did his mid October and Brewster end of October I believe. What is going on ? That's 9 months out for both of them and they are still nowhere near a return! Hecky must be asking questions of our medical staff!
It strikes me that the club are not counting on the return of either of these 2 in the foreseeable future.
Hence why we seem about to sign a LWB & a striker.

It strikes me that the club are not counting on the return of either of these 2 in the foreseeable future.

We have just let a LWB and a striker leave.

If the club is hiding a longer term problem with these two it's possibly best they fucking fess up.

How long were we fed 'Jack is back in training and looking stronger than ever' (two full seasons) when anyone with wisdom could see he was done?

I can accept RNDs very regrettable departure if this is the case, but Brewster dancing the fuck about at the end of last season and costing us a fucking record wodge of cash for so fucking little in return is difficult to swallow.

One assumes if their recovery has any substance they have been involved in the intensity of pre-season and that will be the litmus test of their ability to affect this upcoming, very technically and physically taxing season. If they can't cut it, free the squad shirts up and jettison them.

pommpey

Is this a surprise? I am sure in January ish we were told RND wouldn’t even be back in training until the Autumn.

As for Brewster he’s 23 and already had three season ending injuries.. he looks like a crock and will be leaving when his contract ends at the end of the season. Will probably have to retire by the time he’s 27.

RND is in Portugal, surely no way they take him (and show him in footage) if he's not closer to playing

If the club is hiding a longer term problem with these two it's possibly best they fucking fess up.

How long were we fed 'Jack is back in training and looking stronger than ever' (two full seasons) when anyone with wisdom could see he was done?

I can accept RNDs very regrettable departure if this is the case, but Brewster dancing the fuck about at the end of last season and costing us a fucking record wodge of cash for so fucking little in return is difficult to swallow.

One assumes if their recovery has any substance they have been involved in the intensity of pre-season and that will be the litmus test of their ability to affect this upcoming, very technically and physically taxing season. If they can't cut it, free the squad shirts up and jettison them.

pommpey
I’m very suspicious that within our ranks of medical staff there is a low-level Harold Shipman type getting their kicks off ensuring our players don’t play again.
I can’t prove it, but that’s only because I have no evidence or suspects. If I hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

I’m very suspicious that within our ranks of medical staff there is a low-level Harold Shipman type getting their kicks off ensuring our players don’t play again.
I can’t prove it, but that’s only because I have no evidence or suspects. If I hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.
coming up trumps with that theory
it could be Hammond doing the dirty work as he did a lot of stuff that was unseen

anyone else noticed McBurnie is becoming a training fanatic now he's living a cleaner life

he looked 2 yards faster over 10 yards after coming on

anyone else noticed McBurnie is becoming a training fanatic now he's living a cleaner life

He did, and there's something better to come from him but I wish he'd stop the fucking shithousing.

He won't get away with it this season

pommpey

He needs to be because he can't just lightly jog about in the Premier League.

We have one striker who's scored a goal in the Premier League before. Signing a striker was imperative with or without Brewster.

We have one striker who's scored a goal in the Premier League before. Signing a striker was imperative with or without Brewster.
we only had mousset Lundstram and an ageing didsy but finished 9th
Ive got a gut feeling Ndiaye might score a goal or 2

pretty sure jebbison scored a goal too

Last edited:
we only had mousset Lundstram and an ageing didsy but finished 9th
Ive got a gut feeling Ndiaye might score a goal or 2

pretty sure jebbison scored a goal too
Ok, so that's all irrelevant to the point I made, apart from your Jebbison point which is fair i totally forgot about that whole season... and?

Ok, so that's all irrelevant to the point I made, apart from your Jebbison point which is fair i totally forgot about that whole season... and?
Why is it irrelevant ... your saying the current squad ois unproven ...so was the 2019 20 team even more so as this squads had some prem experience

It's hard to compare McBurnie's speed to last season when he was playing against one of the slowest footballers I've ever seen in that number 5 for Chesterfield, absolute donkey.

Back
Top Bottom