CONFIRMED Iliman Ndiaye to Marseille

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How much is a second season in the PL worth? Doesn't it entitle us to a third year of parachute payments upon relegation too?

For me it's worth keeping Illy and letting him go without a fee next summer. Can't see us staying up without his goals and assists.

Have they?
Yes.

Hecky has said that himself that they've tried to discuss with him and his reps at least once in his press conferences last season

The no interest of discussions came from within the club.

The argument will be, 'there's nothing we could do to stop him fulfilling his dream of signing for his boyhood club and he is in the last year of his contract, blah, blah, blah.'

Well that argument cuts two ways.

Surely it means there's nothing stopping us signing Kyle Walker?

How much is a second season in the PL worth? Doesn't it entitle us to a third year of parachute payments upon relegation too?

For me it's worth keeping Illy and letting him go without a fee next summer. Can't see us staying up without his goals and assists.

And if he agrees terms thereby indicating that he wants to go? Do we firstly want to keep a player who wants to play elsewhere, and secondly reward his efforts last season getting us up by denying him a move?

The argument will be, 'there's nothing we could do to stop him fulfilling his dream of signing for his boyhood club and he is in the last year of his contract, blah, blah, blah.'

Well that argument cuts two ways.

Surely it means there's nothing stopping us signing Kyle Walker?
Doesn't money play a part?

if that was the deal i think we could swallow it but i dont think even with that fee we'd be able to afford them both.
well its sounding like city might not be wanting as high a fee for doyle as was predicted i reckon we could get doyle and obrien for 15m think the big stumbling block for domestic signings might be this clause were reportedly putting in any contracts about salaries being cut by 50% if we get relegated its a fine line this

Did we even give them permission to talk to our player?

I often wonder this , you always see so and so has agreed personal terms with a player

I thought players getting tapped up was a big deal 🤣🤣

Buy the tickets we have seen it all before it's the Blades way I'm afraid.

Our best players have always left. He might not go. Life goes on if he does.

Get yourself the ticket as intended and make the most of seeing him (or whoever our next best player is).
Just seen what Darren Smith said what OM's offer is. I am now confident that we will reject OM's offer and Ndiaye will still play for us in the coming season. I will buy the tickets today but not sure if there are any tickets left for the Chesterfield match.

Well we tried but he wanted to go ... Sound familiar .. I'd love to see iliman in the prem even if it's for one season ..UTB

Feels like an inflection point again for SUFC - we either keep him and gives ourselves a good chance of staying up, or sell him and go down. When people say “why is it never us?”, it’s making the typical Blades decision in moments like this

If Illiman wants to force the move, honest question, what can we really do about it? We risk losing any chance of a fee for our prize asset and he isn't happy and potentially doesn't perform.

Regardless of how it makes us all feel, there's more at play than what we would prefer to happen.

If Illiman wants to force the move, honest question, what can we really do about it? We risk losing any chance of a fee for our prize asset and he isn't happy and potentially doesn't perform.

Regardless of how it makes us all feel, there's more at play than what we would prefer to happen.
We’re apparently open to getting a fee of £6m. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

He wouldn't do a Ramsdale and down tools I think he is too decent a bloke to Do that. He would still put in 100% every game it's who he is
I hope so too, but on what basis can we know? The lad is prepared to run his contract down so we get nothing / peanuts for him.

I'll be honest, back in the summer of 1993, a teenage Baltic crafted a long and articulate letter, for a local football publication, defending the club's decision to sell Brian Deane to Leeds.

Turns out I was wrong. We were relegated at the end of the season and have only spent three seasons out of the subsequent 30 seasons in the Premier League.

Feels like an inflection point again for SUFC - we either keep him and gives ourselves a good chance of staying up, or sell him and go down. When people say “why is it never us?”, it’s making the typical Blades decision in moments like this
once again see a posters point but its not certain he would keep us up and could get injured anyway if he wants to go dont think theres anything the club can do plus who knows it might enable us to bring 2/3 good players in probably in midfield which might also help us stay up

Would be almost impossible to replace, especially with our finances.

It is, however, what it is.

All about getting an acceptable fee.

Circumstances aren't exactly the same but if we end up getting less than half what Cov got for Gyokeres it will be extremely disappointing.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm expecting the old undisclosed fee.

He could not play for a year and pretty much ruin his career. That's not going to happen but that's the worst case, very uncivilised possibility.

More likely if he had a big strop (doubtful) we'd say "fine, we're not happy about it, but anyone that meets the asking price of (e.g.) £25m, you can go to", then it'd be up to Marseille to meet the price. Again, this isn't happening because i refuse to believe Iliman will leave (unthinkable).

Ndiaye can't and won't expect us to sell him cheap. BTW Marseille paid £26.2m release clause for Vitinha in January - so they've got more money than I thought.

The more I think about it, Illi forcing a move seems so out of character. Yes he wants to play for OM but he's been so shrewd, up until this point, around his career. He values Football above all else. There's no doubt in my mind that he will see playing in the PL as one of the 4 main jewels in his personal crown - playing in the PL, for Senegal, in the CL and playing for OM. Why, on the cusp of ticking off one of those major career goals, would he side step, potentially never to return? OM will still be there in 5 years time. Other PL teams, perhaps in the CL positions, will no doubt be sniffing. If he continues to improve at his current trajectory, they will be battering down United's door for his signature in 12-24 months. His place in the Senegal squad isn't going to disappear if he plays in the PL, quite the opposite I suspect.

It just doesn't make sense for someone that's been so singular in their focus, to climb to the top of the ladder, to take a sideways step away from one of the biggest prizes.

So, we have a player who can leave at the end of the season on a free. He is not signing a new contract.

Or we could sell him for £10 million and he comes back on loan to us for a season

How is that not a good deal?
IMG_7909.jpeg

Whatever the fee it will be the usual "Undisclosed"....we cannot seem to conduct a transfer in or out otherwise....

Back
Top Bottom