Tifo - Why Not At Bramall Lane?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Jesus, thought everyone knew what a Tifo is, but just for you (obviously non footy fan people), let me explain.
Tifo is the word used to describe a colourful, vibrant and usually choreographed visual display by football supporters. It is also a phenomenon in other sports, such as cycling and auto racing.

Displays of a tifo normally occur within stadiums before and during games but can also take place outside a ground.

In many cases the visual displays are carefully planned and often each individual supporter forms part of a mosaic by wearing or holding a particular colour.
Do we have to wear Lycra leotards? (Asking for knowsnowt)

No Thanks. I liked the flags we had on the kop at the start of the matches in the 1990’s but I wouldn’t want to spend the whole match stuck behind those massive flags I’ve seen in this years coverage of the Bundesliga for example. I also hope we never get to the stage of having a drum in the stands let alone the horror of letting the mascot have one e.g. Watford. As a society, people can’t get to grips with the concept of alphabetical rows and sequentially numbered seats on entry to a stadium, cinema, theatre etc so organised pieces of card won’t have holders in some places come kick off and I never want to see those stupid clapping thingies that the likes of Leicester, Birmingham and Fulham have had, using your hands to clap is perfectly adequate.

Why can't we just embrace what we are as a fanbase - we're grumpy, northern buggers who don't go in for any of that sort of stuff. The only time we create much of an atmosphere is during periods when we're perceived as underdogs or at moments when we sense injustice. Add to that, Unitedites are a naturally pessimistic bunch. We have a strong passion for the club (that's undeniable), but it's generally in a more understated way. I quite like the way the atmosphere is generated in the Lane in an organic way, not orchestrated by someone with a loud hailer with their back to the action. It's bad enough when Sinclair prompts us to chant.

Part of that is a culture which has held this club back for decades.

I find it depressing how many of our fans think we can only be successful with locals heavily involved at the coalface. Look at those worrying we won't have a Blade in the dressing room now Billy has gone.

Rather be the plucky underdog. Fuck that we've been it too often in my lifetime. I want some proper tangible success before I shuffle off, seeing us achieve something that every other club of our stature, and a fair few smaller, have done in my lifetime.

It's frightening how many I know who say they prefer it when we're shit as they like the smaller away followings with 'proper' Blades.

See the panic when we're linked with foreign owners or managers. "They don't get us" No, you dont get them.

I'm not into bands like Palace by any stretch and I'm realistic about the atmospheres at certain matches but there's no doubt we have more than our fair share of miserable sods who can't cope with any remote change.

To be fair, the Argos ticker tape must have took some organisation to keep it going week on week and I never saw it at any other ground.

Jesus, thought everyone knew what a Tifo is, but just for you (obviously non footy fan people), let me explain.
Tifo is the word used to describe a colourful, vibrant and usually choreographed visual display by football supporters. It is also a phenomenon in other sports, such as cycling and auto racing.

Displays of a tifo normally occur within stadiums before and during games but can also take place outside a ground.

In many cases the visual displays are carefully planned and often each individual supporter forms part of a mosaic by wearing or holding a particular colour.
f that

Eight spiky ones, coming out aggressively at 90 degrees to the nutbag's surface. One big and three smaller tributary veins. An unfeasibly large glans, with a four pane window reflection and a meatus ejaculating four huge drops of jism. The whole thing should go from the bottom corner with John Street to top right with the air gap so it looks like it's lobbing it's tatty watter out into the car park. With some choreography, there could be some twitching animation and travel of jizz bolts. All to the tune of GCB.

It'd look brilliant on Sky

pommpey

Like this

Tifo - Kop.jpg

pommpey

Is it a bit like tupperware?

Back
Top Bottom