My final Take ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't 'dislike' players B2L. I just mark them on what I saw in the match. I still don't think Berge is deserved of his wide lauding by many fans. I think his overall contribution is moderate to poor over the season. And he has been injured for a long time whilst at Bramall Lane. Norwood is now showing his limitations now we have a midfield grafter like Doyle. Before Doyle arrived however and when Norwood was unchallenged for his CDM position, you couldn't say a bad word about his clear limitations for fear of being flamed to a crisp, with tropes like 'he makes the team tick' and all sort of gash Sky generated 'stats' to look at and gasp. It didn't show any of the fucked up dispossessions and negative sideways passes or the fact that he'd worn the turf bare in one spot inside the centre circle or traffic coned himself being completely outplayed in the engine room of the team.

They aren't preconceived ideas. I have in the past give Norwood and Berge high marks, in fairness only when the opposition have allowed them enough space to do their stuff. Everyone starts on a 5/10 for me.

pommpey
Or that his shooting is generally absolutely gash too. Like Egan's attempts on goal with his head.

No. What you did was wrap your bad intent in a thin wrapper of critique wrapped in an even thinner wrapper of good intent. When the music stops ...

Look, next time we converse, why not give it a go that you're not intent on 'winding me up' and you're simply contributing to a debate I am involved in? Might work that, you know.

pommpey
You need help, buddy!

Likewise yours and Roys contributions. You and I have differing approaches to writeups - yours is detailed, defragmented and journalistic, mine is more 'bloke in the pub'. And then Roy's look over the fence gives everyone the 360 on what just happened in the ninety minutes from all angles. All of which should provide enough to discuss and debate the match and disagree, but with respect. What it shouldn't do is cuntify the operation. I respect anyone who disagrees, as long as they disagree with the football and my opinion on it and don't try to turn it into a dick waving contest. And its good that yours and mine marks out of are varied. I trust your marks from the ground because you have taken the time to show why, rather that 'you talk out of your arse mate' bullshit.

Anyroad ... the high ground awaits us, once again ...

Have a good summer mate

pommpey
I diagreed with your comments about Lowe in one of the final few home games as I thought he was excellent second half.
You responded with a like. Can't complain at that. 😊

Well, I tried!
Best wishes, and enjoy your close season Pompey.
I think we both gave it our best MSS and I've no regrets for trying to bring a bit of peace to the forum where it really needed it. I've no negativity towards pommpey because I imagine he has more going on than I'd previously realised. Since this can apply to every forum member, I share your best wishes to pommpey and hope that we all have a great summer ready for whatever the new season will bring.

Or that his shooting is generally absolutely gash too. Like Egan's attempts on goal with his head.

I agree. For someone with 'sweet feet' he doesn't half put a lot of shots into the stands. Shooting from distance is a technique and all our players don't seem to master any of it apart from Doyle. Berge skies shots, many others too or they just fail with the geometry of ball and kicking foot and it is mishit safely into the welcoming keepers arms.

I can't remember anyone playing for United who has ever been consistently good from distance. John Harley? Alan Woodward? Mike Lake? So many players have arrived - like Norwood - who have the tag 'can hit them' and they never do.

pommpey

I agree. For someone with 'sweet feet' he doesn't half put a lot of shots into the stands. Shooting from distance is a technique and all our players don't seem to master any of it apart from Doyle. Berge skies shots, many others too or they just fail with the geometry of ball and kicking foot and it is mishit safely into the welcoming keepers arms.

I can't remember anyone playing for United who has ever been consistently good from distance. John Harley? Alan Woodward? Mike Lake? So many players have arrived - like Norwood - who have the tag 'can hit them' and they never do.

pommpey
Michael Brown.

pommpey
Woodward was the master. John Matthews. Michael Brown.

It was Woody's thighs that delivered the power. They were like tree trunks. And if you remember, most matchday balls in them days were overpressured and had little 'give' in them, not like the footballs of today. If you were in the net, and had no gloves on and someone caught a volley just right it would go through your hands or if you got hands on it it spanked them. I recall mid seventies a number of goalies wore those green cotton gloves which when damp were quite 'grippy'. Kevin Keelan and Joe Corrighan used them. Bob Wilson and Ray Clemence were 'bare hands keepers' as I recall. But to stop a shot from the likes of Lorimer, Charlton R, Woody and Colin Bell it took some technique.

pommpey

It was Woody's thighs that delivered the power. They were like tree trunks. And if you remember, most matchday balls in them days were overpressured and had little 'give' in them, not like the footballs of today. If you were in the net, and had no gloves on and someone caught a volley just right it would go through your hands or if you got hands on it it spanked them. I recall mid seventies a number of goalies wore those green cotton gloves which when damp were quite 'grippy'. Kevin Keelan and Joe Corrighan used them. Bob Wilson and Ray Clemence were 'bare hands keepers' as I recall. But to stop a shot from the likes of Lorimer, Charlton R, Woody and Colin Bell it took some technique.

pommpey
Pat Jennings often was bare handed

I hope these My Takes stop permanently.

Don’t really need the added nonsense he brings to them. Ego driven and full of vulgarity.

Deadbat provides great level headed reporting and that’s all the site needs.

Don’t really need the added nonsense he brings to them. Ego driven and full of vulgarity.

You are totally entitled you your opinion and I respect and indeed note that aversion to 'My Take ...'

However I feel (without the ego you mention but purely doing some market research now) that if you check my post above there are 92 posters who disagree with you at the last count. Whilst this isn't a great measure of wholesale consensus, others have also commented favourably elsewhere and the 'dislike platoon' are small, somewhat insignificant and easy to deal with. Like you, for example.

The only advice I can give moving forward from here is on the first match of next season, about an hour after the final whistle - win, lose or draw - and you see 'My Take ...' pop up in GBC, try to resist with all your might the compelling urge to click on it and not only that, then read the shit that I post and thereby spoil your life as a Unitedite. Furthermore, your tender eyes might not find the sheer horror of reading my scatological asides and other vulgarities your pure, unadulterated mind might witness. Deadbat's post will appear shortly afterwards and you can sit with a mug of decaffeinated tea, a digestive biscuit and clutch your crucifix whilst reading his account safe in the knowledge he will never utter profanities or mention jism, diarrhoea, penile warts, hairy snatches, syphillis or gussets and get maximum value from your matchday experience.

You could also block me. That'd work.

By the way, how many games do you attend per season?

pommpey

Thanks for all your My Takes this season Pommps…always love to read them.
Have a great summer, look forward to the new season and come out fighting in August.
UTMB!

You are totally entitled you your opinion and I respect and indeed note that aversion to 'My Take ...'

However I feel (without the ego you mention but purely doing some market research now) that if you check my post above there are 92 posters who disagree with you at the last count. Whilst this isn't a great measure of wholesale consensus, others have also commented favourably elsewhere and the 'dislike platoon' are small, somewhat insignificant and easy to deal with. Like you, for example.

The only advice I can give moving forward from here is on the first match of next season, about an hour after the final whistle - win, lose or draw - and you see 'My Take ...' pop up in GBC, try to resist with all your might the compelling urge to click on it and not only that, then read the shit that I post and thereby spoil your life as a Unitedite. Furthermore, your tender eyes might not find the sheer horror of reading my scatological asides and other vulgarities your pure, unadulterated mind might witness. Deadbat's post will appear shortly afterwards and you can sit with a mug of decaffeinated tea, a digestive biscuit and clutch your crucifix whilst reading his account safe in the knowledge he will never utter profanities or mention jism, diarrhoea, penile warts, hairy snatches, syphillis or gussets and get maximum value from your matchday experience.

You could also block me. That'd work.

By the way, how many games do you attend per season?

pommpey
No need for war and peace.

I will offer a lol at your how many games have you attended quote.
Same as you
Both bad fans hey?!

I won’t stick you on ignore either. I actually enjoyed reading your my takes for a time but I do think you have become arrogant and the Spat with Fallow has shown some ego driven crappery.

Maybe i should just butt out of other people fights.

No need for war and peace.

No need for war. Every need for peace.

I will offer a lol at your how many games have you attended quote.
Same as you
Both bad fans hey?!

Well, that's a relief ... oh, hang on ...

I won’t stick you on ignore either. I actually enjoyed reading your my takes for a time but I do think you have become arrogant and the Spat with Fallow has shown some ego driven crappery.

So you do read 'My Take ... ' then? But you want it to stop. Make your fucking mind up, eh?

The arrogance is defensiveness. I find myself having to do so many times on here just for having an opinion on here about Sheffield United and the games they play. If I come across as high handed and articulate then maybe it's just a hardened shell brought about by people such as yourself. Try a little tenderness. Be nice.

And Fallowfield is beyond help. People have tried to similarly be gentle, then slightly firmer, then they get offered out and he gets banned. If he can't take the hint by sitting in the stands during the end of season fun and comes back wanting a piece of firstly the moderators and then those who reported him, then he's heading back that way again. Linz ad Foxy have been known to ban people permanently for being beyond help. I feel a nudge in the right direction may be needed but as ever, he feels he can say what he wants. It aint ego. It's just 'advice'. He can take it or leave it.

Maybe i should just butt out of other people fights.

Sometimes it's the best tactic.

Also, don't read 'My Take ... ' in future.

pommpey

Cheers for a humourous cavalcade of whimsy Pomps. My highlight was the phrase that JLT was 'as much use as Anne Frank's Trumpet'. Genuine laugh out loud comment. And your description of Charlotte Church being soundly rogered on the morning after a beery night out got me mildly aroused. (Well I am 65.... mildly aroused is good!)
And just to blow further smoke up your shitpipe, I generally agree with most of what you say. And I believe you're a Valley lad like me......
Enjoy the cricket season.
UTFB

Cheers for a humourous cavalcade of whimsy Pomps. My highlight was the phrase that JLT was 'as much use as Anne Frank's Trumpet'. Genuine laugh out loud comment. And your description of Charlotte Church being soundly rogered on the morning after a beery night out got me mildly aroused. (Well I am 65.... mildly aroused is good!)
And just to blow further smoke up your shitpipe, I generally agree with most of what you say. And I believe you're a Valley lad like me......
Enjoy the cricket season.
UTFB

I am indeed a Valley lad. Constable Drive 1963-79. Born on Gaunt Road in one of those maisonettes overlooking the city. Went to Hemsworth County then GVSS.

Always been a Blade!

pommpey

Lived for 9 years near The Wyvern, then a further 9 years near The Blackstock. Went to Rollestone (later Bankwood) Primary then Ashleigh Comp, both of which taught me 3/8ths of fuck all. All of which makes me the tosspot I am today...

In the recent survey, my first comment included Silent, Pommpey, and Deadbat, as their contributions are the best on this site for various reasons. Pity Pommpey and Silent disagree at times.

Lived for 9 years near The Wyvern, then a further 9 years near The Blackstock. Went to Rollestone (later Bankwood) Primary then Ashleigh Comp, both of which taught me 3/8ths of fuck all. All of which makes me the tosspot I am today...

Very much 'top end' of the Valley then. Rollestone Brook (one arm of which starts up near my house) is basically the demarcation line between territories. Everything draining that way ends up in the Sheaf, everything draining the other way from our end ends up in the Rother. We never crossed the Brook.

pommpey

In the recent survey, my first comment included Silent, Pommpey, and Deadbat, as their contributions are the best on this site for various reasons. Pity Pommpey and Silent disagree at times.

We don't have to disagree. And we haven't in the past.

So I am baffled as to why so now.

pommpey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom