Rob Staton

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Last week his Bias against Barnsley in the promotion race , was very unprofessional . However he was indianna on pigtalk , probably the most level poster on there . EX miller further back .

I'm fine with Rob as he's completely impartial and is just passionate about sport regardless of the team.

Dom Howson on the other hand.. how he's kept his journalist credentials based on clearly biased reporting I will never know

He's a disingenuous bellend.

I once saw a Twitter exchange with a few listeners who were calling him out on his obvious bias. He actually claimed that he didn't even support any football club and was in fact a Seattle Seahawks fan.

Lying wankpuffin.

We're lucky to have him compared to other local stations. We've usually had a great team of local broadcasters. I think the fact that it's taken you this long to find out that he's a Wednesday fan speaks volumes about his professionalism and lack of bias.

It's not like he acts like Kevin QANON Gage or Piggy Pearson.

Get Sef back, always enjoyed listening to RS with him on the mic.

Old news to be fair.

Regardless, I think he is an excellent presenter and decent commentator, who doesn't suffer fools. I have also increasingly noticed of late, that he is more than willing to put silly Pigs to the sword, when they call in spouting crap.

As said above, he also seems to like PH and I respected his recent rant about the EFL's managerial nominations. He even went on to say that Moore didn't deserve a nomination, and that was when the Pigs were well clear in 1st place, so I think he is quite balanced.

There was never any secret about it, and he was a regular PT poster under his own name before starting at RS.

In the old PT parlance, this thread is a bit "Pope's dead".

I tell you what is weird. When you see radio commentators on the tv talking.

Saw Seth Bennett on the tv the other day and it blew my mind. God knows what it’s like for his friends and family. Ordering a takeaway or saying he’s going to take the bins out in his commentator voice.

I'm fine with Rob as he's completely impartial and is just passionate about sport regardless of the team.

Dom Howson on the other hand.. how he's kept his journalist credentials based on clearly biased reporting I will never know

Who's he biased towards?

The thing that grinds my gears the most about Radio Sheffield football coverage is their live commentaries.

BBC guidelines for live football commentaries on radio say that the scroeline should be given every 60-90 seconds. The Radio Sheffield guys have clearly never read this because they can go five minutes or more during commentary without saying what the score is.

I'm often driving the car, screaming at the radio 'WHAT'S THE F*CKING SCORE?!'

Proper winds me up.

The thing that grinds my gears the most about Radio Sheffield football coverage is their live commentaries.

BBC guidelines for live football commentaries on radio say that the scroeline should be given every 60-90 seconds. The Radio Sheffield guys have clearly never read this because they can go five minutes or more during commentary without saying what the score is.

Proper winds me up.

They know the rules, they just do it to piss you off.

Proper winds me up.

What winds me up, is that BBC can use RDS or whatever protocol they use to update a radio display with what artist is playing on a music station, but they won't use the same system to show you the score.

With a bit of luck with local radio cuts he’ll be gone proper tool and a piggy one at that

Back
Top Bottom