RIP Eddie Colquhoun.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Was no fucker else at that match ? 15 Jan 1962 , Blades v Bury , cup 2nd replay at pigsbro . Help !
I was there, but Eddie Colquhoun wasn’t. My dad was at his debut at Bramall Lane, as a youngster for Bury Reserves. The only thing I know of that debut is that the programme spelt his name wrong!
282D77EA-225E-4A60-80CE-81060830A03D.jpeg90969688-81E7-46FE-925F-8302091162A9.jpegDBADA34B-6BF0-4E65-AE01-03939AF0CD23.jpeg

Sorry to hear this sad news. Condolences to Eddie's family and friends.

A true legend by all accounts.

HH

Thanks Hodgy , thas confirmed it , im barmy , could have sworn Eddie played for them that neet . Neer mind , chip butty, then bed
It will have confused you that the programme jottings for the programme of the Cup replay at Hillsborough give the crowd as 26! I blame my brother for that. It was over 26000, quite remarkable when you think of crowds for 3rd round games now. I don’t think you’re barmy - it is amazing that we remember anything of games 60 years ago, and I constantly am amazed how wrong my recollections are when confronted by programmes, match reports, etc. Did you go to Reserve matches? That could be a residual memory. One thing we do tend to remember correctly is how good and committed players like Eddie Colquhon were over many years.

Back in the day when my brother used to shove me under the turnstile I was too small to see any of his endeavours for our great football club but I never heard a bad word against him.
I can’t be there tomorrow but shout his name out loud for me fellow Blades.

A true Blades legend! Fly high Eddie! Condolences to his family and friends and Blades everywhere.

We ain’t got a barrel of money,
We’ve lost Woodward ,
Got Currie,
Without Eddie Colquhoun,
Promotion’s still soon,
U-ni-ted.

RIP

Belt it out at Wembley!

UTB

How many left of this great team TC, Hemsley
Salmons & Dearden! Any more ?
Out of the players that played in the 1970/71 season (competitive matches only)

Tony Currie
Geoff Salmons
Bill Dearden
Ted Hemsley (saw him at Sainsburys in Dronfield yesterday morning)
David Powell
John Tudor
John Flynn
David Ford
Colin Addison
John Barnwell
Frank Barlow
Graeme Crawford
Pat Buckley

No longer here

Trevor Hockey
Gil Reece
Alan Woodward
Alan Hodgkinson
John Hope
Len Badger
Eddie Colquhoun
Mick Heaton

It will have confused you that the programme jottings for the programme of the Cup replay at Hillsborough give the crowd as 26! I blame my brother for that. It was over 26000, quite remarkable when you think of crowds for 3rd round games now. I don’t think you’re barmy - it is amazing that we remember anything of games 60 years ago, and I constantly am amazed how wrong my recollections are when confronted by programmes, match reports, etc. Did you go to Reserve matches? That could be a residual memory. One thing we do tend to remember correctly is how good and committed players like Eddie Colquhon were over many years.
Thanks Hodgy ,im confused o reyt , can still see Colquhoun no2 somewhere .Remember it was stormy that night and blowing towards Leppins end , Ces Coldwell had a shot from way out that the keeper struggled to keep out , it was rare cus Ces didnt shoot very often , or did he take pens at one time , lots of teams had full backs on pens at that time for some reason. And thats summat id forgot , Hodgy always had different socks to rest of team, red with a white turnover at one time …..memories !

Oh dear, so sad, RIP Eddie, one of my all time favourite servants for the club. Thanks for all the memories.

RIP Eddie. Thanks for the memories. Another true hero, and Rock o' the Lane

RIP Eddie. Not many players are still being sung about, all these years on...

Was no fucker else at that match ? 15 Jan 1962 , Blades v Bury , cup 2nd replay at pigsbro . Help !
i was there sat in northpigstand on kop end great sight that night with thousands of blades on wednesdays kop

Back
Top Bottom