RIP Eddie Colquhoun.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whenever Eddie Colquhoun's name comes up ,amongst other things of course is the town of Prestonpans,a name for some odd reason I found amusing.
Really sad news.
Met one of his old school mates from the 'Pans in The Tiny Bar in Lanzarote a few years back. Landlord nearly chucked me out for belting out his song. Alcohol was involved.

R I P Eddie, remember his difference of opinion with Phil Bowyer on the half way line during a night match which went on for a full 30 seconds before the referee realised as play had moved to the Lane end.
truely great captain and character

This is one of my favourite memories of Eddie, what a great punch up. Used to love his no nonsense approach, chipped in with a goal here and there, one of the three best centre halves I have seen watching United for nearly 60 years

img393%2B%25282%2529.jpg

img394%2B%25282%2529.jpg
Eddie finished Boyer off down then tunnel, I had that on very good authority.

RIP big Eddie.

That’s the word for him.
Thank You.
Sure you know one of the meanings of the word is large statue.
Worra baht it SUFC or have the fans to put their hands in their pockets for a collection only for you to say no to erection in ground.
God, there ought to be one for 'God'(Sir James) instead of the we*nes*ayite.:mad:
Sorry, ST, red mist got me again.
Thanks once more.:)

"Eddie Colquhoun, Eddie Colquhoun , Eddie".
I will sing this till the day i die.
God bless Eddie. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RIP Eddie Colquhoun.

As a few have already said on this thread, just hearing his name reminds me of being 8 or 9 years old and the "....Eddie Colquhoun, Eddie Colquhoun , Eddie....Eddie Colquhoun, Eddie Colquhoun , Eddie..." song.

Just before I started my love affair with the Blades in 1979 aged 7 but the "promotion is soon" was one of the first songs I learned and we still belt it out today......let's get it going on Tuesday in honor of a legend....

Eddie played in the very first UTD game I went to and was one of my Dad's favourites.
So he was one of the players I was most looking forward to watching live, he had a good game and was one of my favourite players also when I was young.
'Legend' is often over-used, but it definitely applies to Eddie Colquhoun.
RIP big man.

Was a 10 year old in the terrace looking up at Eddie and the other great’s celebrating in the stand following the Watford game what a menory
You and me too, only I was nineteen years older than you, as you say 'what a memory'
Hope you were allowed to the Cardiff night match, that was, 'electric'

You and me too, only I was nineteen years older than you, as you say 'what a memory'
Hope you were allowed to the Cardiff night match, that was, 'electric'
No I wasn’t

That season was my first season going through the turnstile . My first game was home v Bristol City in sept 70 , 3-3 after being 3-0 down .

I remember that Yorkshire tv gave score updates during the evening v Cardiff - it was so so exciting watching the score updates come through . What a time to start my Blades journey and what a privilege to watch players like Eddie and Billy and the rest .

No I wasn’t

That season was my first season going through the turnstile . My first game was home v Bristol City in sept 70 , 3-3 after being 3-0 down .

I remember that Yorkshire tv gave score updates during the evening v Cardiff - it was so so exciting watching the score updates come through . What a time to start my Blades journey and what a privilege to watch players like Eddie and Billy and the rest .
My first match was a couple of months later, and I wasn't allowed to go the Cardiff match either ( I was only 5 tbf).
I went to every match afterwards for ages, couldn't believe it when we lost to Stoke in Oct 71 ......... hadn't realised defeat was an option as we just seemed to win every week :)

I have such great memories of that great late 60’s early 70’s era, in which Eddie captained the team I idolised, and still do.I can still remember our run in of the 71 season, like yesterday, with the celebrations on the pitch after the Watford game, and looking up at Eddie, fag in hand, waving to the crowd.
R I P Eddie Colquhoun, and thanks for the memories.You will never be forgotten by Unitedites of a certain age.

Captain of the team that made me fall in love with the club. No compromise, hard as nails, great leader. RIP Eddie.

View attachment 158085
Silent will I'm sure have a picture of that moment shown in the Greenun (frontpage) of Eddie stood on a seat in the john st stand with a fag in his hand it was a very emotional moment .RIP Eddie!!.

Remember an unsuccessful F.A.Cup trip to Mansfield - he clattered their striker and then accidentally walked on his body on the way to collect his booking….

R.I.P. Eddie
Arrived really early for a boxing day game at Notts County (or maybe new year's day!) so we could park up and go drinking near the ground. It was then announced the game was postponed due to heavy snow on the pitch. We bumped into Eddie outside the ground who was bloody furious - fag in hand and cursing the fact he had had to keep off the booze the night before. However, he cheered up when he realised he could go for a few beers with the rest of the team now the game was off. RIP Eddie.

Back
Top Bottom