What a difference a month makes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good point on the positivity of our recent history, however we need to have learned a lot more from the covid season than just blaming lack of crowds.

If we go into the PL without the momentum and air of invincibility that Wilder had built up we need to compete properly, make sensible signings and pay actual PL wages. Not doing so is the reason we went down, not the lack of crowds (no one had crowds).
Covid hurt us most as after losing our keeper and centre half the loss if support that gives our players that q9 per cent boost meant possible draws became odd goal losses. We didn't have enough quality that don't need the backing...as we didn't have the money

Good point on the positivity of our recent history, however we need to have learned a lot more from the covid season than just blaming lack of crowds.

If we go into the PL without the momentum and air of invincibility that Wilder had built up we need to compete properly, make sensible signings and pay actual PL wages. Not doing so is the reason we went down, not the lack of crowds (no one had crowds).
How do you propose we do this ? The money we spent last time has nearly put us into.admin

You can only spend what you can spend and we spent every brass button available last time

Find it strange how so many of our fans seem to expect Boro or Luton to win all their remaining matches, 6 out 6 wins.
Let's assume one of them has a great finish and win 5 out of 6 matches, so that's 15 points putting Boro on 82 and Luton on 83.
However we have a 14 goal better GD than Luton, so basically 83 points should do it and that assuming either Boro or Luton has a great finish.

So from our last 7 matches, winning 2, drawing 1 and losing 4 will be enough to clinch promotion.

So we don't even need an average finish, we just need to avoid relegation form
and even if we do hit relegation form, we might still be OK because I don't think Boro and Luton will win virtually all their remaining matches.

Let’s hold our horses a bit considering what happened to our 14-point lead not that long ago! Not to say there aren’t obvious reasons to be positive from the last few results

But Burnley on Monday will be very tricky & even a draw with Cardiff after that could well put either Boro or Luton - two chasers now, not just one - right behind us. Game in hand is nice but guarantees us nothing. Luton have quite a soft run-in too.

Let’s hold our horses a bit considering what happened to our 14-point lead not that long ago! Not to say there aren’t obvious reasons to be positive from the last few results

But Burnley on Monday will be very tricky & even a draw with Cardiff after that could well put either Boro or Luton - two chasers now, not just one - right behind us. Game in hand is nice but guarantees us nothing. Luton have quite a soft run-in too.

Luton have some tricky fixtures. They have to play Middlesbrough and Blackburn. Rotherham away is also no gimme as West Brom found out.

However, I do agree with you that we still have a fair amount of work to do in order to get promotion. On Monday we are away at Burnley. Luton are at home to Blackpool. The gap could easily be back down to 5 points after those matches.

Fuck Luton
Two decades too late with that style of play

In fairness everyone's giving full credit to McAtee and Doyle for making the difference but I don't think results turning since Baldock came back in is a huge coincidence
Baldock’s priority first and foremost is to defend. But when he does get into attacking positions, he’s always making runs down the wing, which makes it much easier for the likes of Norwood to find him. Contrast this with the tippy tappy stuff that Bogle prefers.

I’m not gonna lie to you all but this time last month I thought our premier league dream was all over losing to Blackburn, Luton in the league was enough for me to say we’ve fucked it up again. Even more painful was watching the pork demolish everything in there way to go top of the. Dog n duck league with games in hand. But wait Roll on one month United 8pts clear again with a game in hand with 6 left to play. WTF has happened us Blades have never had this feeling that were not gonna fuck it up it doesn’t happen we always fuck it up but what makes this even more special is watching the porks bubble explode week by week what a difference a month makes UTPLB
Still not there yet mate
1beud5.jpg

Been a Blade 60years, what a privilege lots of downs but also some great times.
1-Wilder Era
2-Bassett Era
3-Warnock Era.

Best Players(Favourite)
1-The Legendary Tony Currie
2-The Wizardry of Alex Sabella
3-The Greek Vas Baborkis
What about the John Harris era? Surely the best? And no room for Woody in your top 3 players? He has to be everyone’s favourite who saw him rip opponents apart? Below TC but above Sabella and Borbokis. Well that’s what I think anyway.

Give Hecky some credit we sit a clear second in the table , semi final of FA cup and promotion is in our hands.He’s got all the back room shit going on, Embargo takeover bollocks and still we get the negativity around him.
If he’d played the Citeh pair together from day 1 I doubt we would be where we are.
Credit to the bloke he’s developed these 2 players and in particular Macca is unrecognisable, class act both of them.
Well done HECKY
The supposedly more accomplished Jokanovic couldn’t get anything out of this group. Hecky got play offs, cup semi final and likely auto promotion all with one hand tied behind his back.

Covid hurt us most as after losing our keeper and centre half the loss if support that gives our players that q9 per cent boost meant possible draws became odd goal losses. We didn't have enough quality that don't need the backing...as we didn't have the money
Spending the money more wisely would have done more than any crowd support. The £millions spent on Brewster, Berg, Freeman and McBurnie plus the wages would have been better invested in some of the players that other teams signed at the time. Our poor strategy and lack of willingness to pay PL wages cost us.

How do you propose we do this ? The money we spent last time has nearly put us into.admin

You can only spend what you can spend and we spent every brass button available last time
Without a rich owner we’ll end up back in this position next time around. You don’t make money in the PL unless you’re a big boy. Even most of them lose a fortune. The finances of football are fucked, but we were destined for failure before we even started by having the lowest wage bill.

Without a rich owner we’ll end up back in this position next time around. You don’t make money in the PL unless you’re a big boy. Even most of them lose a fortune. The finances of football are fucked, but we were destined for failure before we even started by having the lowest wage bill.
But what can you do about it ?

Really ...last 7 seasons
Won title 100 points
Consolidated 10th in championship
Runners up in championship
9th in prem
Bad year covid killed football no crowds
Got in championship play offs
Now Most likely to go up auto

So that's 6 positive seasons one shit one
Why are people so negative
It's been amazing after 5 years of hurt in league one
i thought Chris Wilders time at the helm dispelled all the football Demons. 🤔

If we were to become self sustainable we’d need another massive income stream, all the bigger clubs have made extra income in the Far East apparently Man Utd have a massive property portfolio so perhaps in our lifetimes we just need to pass from one rich owner to another with small but positive increments to the club eventually the European Super League will come and we have a chance of becoming a regular Premiership Club with May be 4-6 clubs leaving for more financial rewards to the Super League, one day we could become English champions again 😂

There’s many a slip twixt the cock & the lip. Let’s not count our blow jobs until there’s a swallow. Which in itself doesn’t make a good pre-season.

Half a dozen games or so left to play, some potential slip ups contained therein. The season will go down to the last game, if not, then the second to last game. FACT. Fact. fact.

Steady nerves and crystal clear vision are what’s needed. ‘If’ is a word in ‘Shirecliffe’, and if you can keep your head when all about you and are losing theirs and blaming it on you. If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you, but make allowance for their doubting too......

I’m not gonna lie to you all but this time last month I thought our premier league dream was all over losing to Blackburn, Luton in the league was enough for me to say we’ve fucked it up again. Even more painful was watching the pork demolish everything in there way to go top of the. Dog n duck league with games in hand. But wait Roll on one month United 8pts clear again with a game in hand with 6 left to play. WTF has happened us Blades have never had this feeling that were not gonna fuck it up it doesn’t happen we always fuck it up but what makes this even more special is watching the porks bubble explode week by week what a difference a month makes UTPLB
UTPLB???

Up the pigs, lose blades?

Not an awful lot, get lucky and finish 9th with a low wage bill is probably as good as it gets. The next season was the chickens coming home to roost, covid or not.
Or lose 50 m a season like Brighton whose recruitment is often lauded but that doesn't quite tell the full story
It's obscene that 200 million a year isn't enough to make you competitive you also have to lose an additional 100 million to be an also ran

That's like being married to your dream woman for 6 years and thinking she's going to leave you every time she goes to the shops
If you'd been married 55 years I'd imagine you'd wish she would 🍻🥳

Last edited:
Or lose 50 m a season like Brighton whose recruitment is often lauded but that doesn't quite tell the full story
It's obscene that 200 million a year isn't enough to make you competitive you also have to lose an additional 100 million to be an also ran
Agreed, that’s the reality. Brighton will make money from player sales but that’s also a gamble. For every Caicedo there’s a Brewster.

I’m not gonna lie to you all but this time last month I thought our premier league dream was all over losing to Blackburn, Luton in the league was enough for me to say we’ve fucked it up again.

Ye of little faith! I always try to be optimistic when it comes to us Blades.
Never doubted we'd turn it all around...

They do currently sit at 7th in the league, above Chelsea and Liverpool though, more than an also ran this season

Maybe it takes the extra loss of 100million a year to push on to the next level (frightening if that’s the case)

They do currently sit at 7th in the league, above Chelsea and Liverpool though, more than an also ran this season

Maybe it takes the extra loss of 100million a year to push on to the next level (frightening if that’s the case)
7th is the fucking epicentre of also ran

Back
Top Bottom