Behind the Scenes troubles?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Said this so many times. but when a team has quick, speedy runners Heck'y puts out an aging but experienced team, and every time they just run through us like we don't have a midfield, (we don't) that's what we have seen recently and yesterday was a typical example, Luton weren't great but they played to their strenghs and highlighted our weakness' - and Heck'y doesn't see it!! - yesterdays performance was on him!
think over the last 3 or 4 games Sharp has gone from contributing to passenger, he's hit that wall when age overtakes ambition to play
but your theory doesn't cover Anel being listless Norwood being flat and young Berge looking like hed got sciatica and severasl others

weve been here before

we lost 5-0 at west ham and 4-0 at leeds , then lost at home to let leeds in and had blown promotion as other teams were playing better apparently

we have to hold our nerve , knuckle down and come out fighting

this negative weve blown it attitude is self defeating
I agree. What I would say though is IF there is something unknown going on in the background as the OP infers, we've only go to look across at Manchester City to see how it can knock even the very best of squads sideways.

Hi Stegosaurus here

I think the only real solution is a merger with Wednesday. We will have double the fan base, play at a bigger ground to get more ticket revenue, merge Wednesdays squad with ours giving us ample players to replace deadwood from our team like Billy Sharp and Baldock without spending a penny. Plus, a solid manager in Moore coming in to take the reigns.

Win win

All you have to do is put yourself in a situation where rumours have appeared in the work place of redundancies, cuts, etc and see how quickly the rumours have spread and how worrying it’s been.

I’ve been in that situation a few times and never have I thought, you know what, I’ll work harder. It’s been more of a kick up the arse to update my cv and keep an eye on opportunities elsewhere. Even when the outcome has been positive, it’s still caused massive stress to those it would’ve directly affected.

Footballers are people, with families, living within their means. It’s not a stretch to think that the instability is causing mental fatigue, wages aside they’ll be worrying.

This is why a fucking simple statement from the club would be a higher benefit. Along the lines of “this is ongoing, all is fine etc”.

And for those players and staff, tell them what they need to hear to get their heads back up, as they’re sleepwalking away from any chance of improved income / options a promotion would offer.

All you have to do is put yourself in a situation where rumours have appeared in the work place of redundancies, cuts, etc and see how quickly the rumours have spread and how worrying it’s been.

I’ve been in that situation a few times and never have I thought, you know what, I’ll work harder. It’s been more of a kick up the arse to update my cv and keep an eye on opportunities elsewhere. Even when the outcome has been positive, it’s still caused massive stress to those it would’ve directly affected.

Footballers are people, with families, living within their means. It’s not a stretch to think that the instability is causing mental fatigue, wages aside they’ll be worrying.

This is why a fucking simple statement from the club would be a higher benefit. Along the lines of “this is ongoing, all is fine etc”.

And for those players and staff, tell them what they need to hear to get their heads back up, as they’re sleepwalking away from any chance of improved income / options a promotion would offer.
As employees of the club I'm sure they'll be kept updated on what's going on a lot more than we will. They will know what the craic is, however it might not be good news and this may have been a factor in the performances of late.

The problem with your analogy is that there isn’t the possible benefits the players have. Promotion bonus for one.,PL football and a probable wage rise for those still under contract. For those out of contract , pocketing a signing on fee because theres no transfer fee no

In what world could we say "don't panic lads, be as shit as you like and we'll still extend your contracts" though?

"We know you want a new deal, but we can't commit to a budget or a squad until we know what division we are in" would have been a perfectly acceptable statement to make. The only difference here is we are banned from offering contracts ( I think)

In what world could we say "don't panic lads, be as shit as you like and we'll still extend your contracts" though?

"We know you want a new deal, but we can't commit to a budget or a squad until we know what division we are in" would have been a perfectly acceptable statement to make. The only difference here is we are banned from offering contracts ( I think)

Absolutely, and those that suspect they won't be around will still want a contract from elsewhere. I think the general point about working conditions being shit, not seeing any January signings being made (when rivals have), your two most saleable assets flogged to everyone followed by a random U-turn must have an effect.

I reckon there's a load of crap going on - PH inferred it when the takeover news broke that the only difference is that it's become public, there's been loads of things which haven't been known, but we've had to deal with.

The only positive I glean is that like them or lump them, there's some strong characters in the dressing room. Morale I'm sure was pretty low when we fucked up against Villa 4 years ago, or the Millwall home game, but we turned it around.

Absolutely, and those that suspect they won't be around will still want a contract from elsewhere. I think the general point about working conditions being shit, not seeing any January signings being made (when rivals have), your two most saleable assets flogged to everyone followed by a random U-turn must have an effect.

I reckon there's a load of crap going on - PH inferred it when the takeover news broke that the only difference is that it's become public, there's been loads of things which haven't been known, but we've had to deal with.

The only positive I glean is that like them or lump them, there's some strong characters in the dressing room. Morale I'm sure was pretty low when we fucked up against Villa 4 years ago, or the Millwall home game, but we turned it around.
Norwood has to stand up and be counted now though. For better or worse he's the fulcrum of what we do. His calm leadership has been just what we needed so many times but, right now, he needs to figure out a way of carrying the rest of the team with him. Egan is amped up and you can see how much he cares. Same for Ndiaye. There's just a general lack of urgency everywhere else and it's killing the team. Norwood has to be the one to pick up the tempo

Norwood has to stand up and be counted now though. For better or worse he's the fulcrum of what we do. His calm leadership has been just what we needed so many times but, right now, he needs to figure out a way of carrying the rest of the team with him. Egan is amped up and you can see how much he cares. Same for Ndiaye. There's just a general lack of urgency everywhere else and it's killing the team. Norwood has to be the one to pick up the tempo

Absolutely. Sunderland at home was a game we played excellently in, in those hallowed early season days. We need pre WC Norwood back, and pronto.

It’s also possible that the main sufferer in all this is the manager, a la Wilder in PL 2.

He 100% deserves all the credit in the world for handling the shitshow off the pitch
In what way? The club was up for sale. Look where he got us to while this was all going on. No signings in January, who really believed we would be splashing the cash? Anyone who did was deluded.

What if PH has personally become so embroiled with the sale situation that he’s lost focus on the pitch,,where his real responsibilities lie?

I keep reading about players concerned about their futures. In a takeover, the non playing staff, office etc, are likely to be far more worried. For obvious reasons. They don’t have the options players have and a generous compo scheme the management team will have in the event of their dismissal.

I’m not suggesting Hecky must go, but what’s happening on the pitch is down to him. Saturday, he clearly had no answers and our recent league form leads me to wonder whether he can find any. Let’s hope he can.

In what way? The club was up for sale. Look where he got us to while this was all going on. No signings in January, who really believed we would be splashing the cash? Anyone who did was deluded.

What if PH has personally become so embroiled with the sale situation that he’s lost focus on the pitch,,where his real responsibilities lie?

I keep reading about players concerned about their futures. In a takeover, the non playing staff, office etc, are likely to be far more worried. For obvious reasons. They don’t have the options players have and a generous compo scheme the management team will have in the event of their dismissal.

I’m not suggesting Hecky must go, but what’s happening on the pitch is down to him. Saturday, he clearly had no answers and our recent league form leads me to wonder whether he can find any. Let’s hope he can.
I'm talking more about him turning around last season and, until now keeping results above where they were probably expected to be throughout the last 17 months. He got a team of players who looked like they were irretrievably broken and reformed them into a squad of players with belief they could do something

I'm keeping that part of his job completely separate from the matchday stuff where I think he's always been mediocre.

I wonder if the contracts issue also applies to Hecky? I know he has a 58837 year deal, but can you see him managing in the PL, even without the new ownership issue? And if we blow if from 13 points clear, it's impossible he will be in charge here next season, the collapse in ST renewals will see to that.

The only difference here is we are banned from offering contracts ( I think)

PH said as much in an interview, some posters said that we could, but it maybe a new rule from the tougher regulations.

We can offer contracts to trainees, from the academy I believe, nothing more.

Apparently Sky tv has been cut off at the Shirecliffe training ground. God forbid the players hone their skills on the training pitches instead…..

So what? Father Brown is back on

Hi Stegosaurus here

I think the only real solution is a merger with Wednesday. We will have double the fan base, play at a bigger ground to get more ticket revenue, merge Wednesdays squad with ours giving us ample players to replace deadwood from our team like Billy Sharp and Baldock without spending a penny. Plus, a solid manager in Moore coming in to take the reigns.

Win win
Merge the kits? Take the red from ours and the white from theirs?

I'm not sure the contract situation is wholly down to the embargo as well. I suspect that there would be no contract offers until the takeover is complete or off?

I can't image the Prince sanctioning it as they incur signing on fees, agent fees and future wages costs.

Hi Stegosaurus here

Win win
That's bordering on amusing. You've used your break wisely. Fair play.

I'm talking more about him turning around last season and, until now keeping results above where they were probably expected to be throughout the last 17 months. He got a team of players who looked like they were irretrievably broken and reformed them into a squad of players with belief they could do something

I'm keeping that part of his job completely separate from the matchday stuff where I think he's always been mediocre.

Well the reality is it’s all part of his job. On an ongoing basis. How can you separate the two?

EFL

Can Clubs offer new contracts to players whilst under Embargo?

• Yes, Clubs can offer new contracts to existing players, though this will be dependent upon the circumstances of the individual Club and will be determined by the League.

Well the reality is it’s all part of his job. On an ongoing basis. How can you separate the two?
It's separated into everything outside of kick off to final whistle and match days. He seems decent at one, poor at the other

That’s kind of my point, there’s been no medium term communication so it’s obvious the players will worry.

They can’t come out and say anything as no one knows. Can we expect them to give their all of they’ve no idea on where there’ll be in a few months time?

That’s kind of my point, there’s been no medium term communication so it’s obvious the players will worry.

They can’t come out and say anything as no one knows. Can we expect them to give their all of they’ve no idea on where there’ll be in a few months time?
But what's the difference between this situation and every other Championship club with players out of contract in the summer?

You don't think that there are different elements of a job?
It’s the SAME job. The two necessarily go together. If what is shown on the pitch on matchdays is the result of what he’s been during the week, he isn’t “decent”.

It’s the SAME job. The two necessarily go together. If what is shown on the pitch on matchdays is the result of what he’s been during the week, he isn’t “decent”.
You think a brilliant tactical manager who's a complete cunt, hated by the players will always be a success? It's not the 70's. There's a hell of a lot that goes into running a mid sized club. Especially with zero support from above

Back
Top Bottom