Ben Osborn

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ahamy and Boogle were worse today
Ahmy should not have played and should have been subbed
again like Berge not being subbed the other week you wonder what match Hecky is watching

Usually an Osborn apologist, but since he's come back he's been terrible. Always seems to be behind play or a second too late. Lacking composure as well.

Awful as a LWB. What’s he actually good at in that position? Does he only get put there because he’s left footed?

hes a great battler but was terrible today hes lower championship top end league 1 at best certainly not good enough for the premier league im afraid

Thought he played better when moved into midfield. He got completely bullied first half

Thought Ozzy was good tonight
just for my education though please
what are you called if you are ‘beyond f’kin bobbar’
and Is there anything else beyond that…
what’s the hierarchy of bobbar please…..

I don't think he is good enough for top end championship football overall but he does have the odd half decent game and he was fairly decent last night. To slag him off for his performance last night just comes across as having an agenda against the lad and having pre conceived thoughts on his level of performance. He was fine last night and contributed in no small measure to the win.

In a ideal world we would extend it and tell the council to do one, tingo style.

Thought he did ok but might have had one too many. Could have sworn I saw him dribble with it first half and Berge do a headed clearance in the 2nd.

Starting to feel a bit sorry for Ozzy.

Clearly a limited footballer, he is getting thrown into the breach by the Manager, but I'm not sure exactly what his instructions would have been ??

When he was sent onto the pitch last 2 games we needed someone with creativity and who could take the game to the opposition, tools Osborn doesn't possess.

When we are on top of a game then yes, bring him on as a fresh pair of legs. But when we are struggling and chasing a game he isn't the answer.

What's Hecky's reasoning behind these decisions ??

Slept on it

Quite shit, isn’t he?
He is when we’re trying create stuff. His only role is to come and get in the faces of the opposition, when we’re trying to hold on to a lead. Sometimes a midfield full of ballers is about as effective as Izal toilet paper.

Ozzy is put on to try to protect our defence by tracking runners and screening Lowe, something none of our other midfielders seem able to do. Whilst I agree that he is a limited footballer, the fact that he gets in the team says a lot about our current midfielders lack of application. Watching McAtee and Berge repeatedly jogging back as Middlesbrough broke on us 3 on 3 was criminal. This has been a problem for about 4 years now. I had hoped that Doyle would be a combative midfielder who can also play a bit, but he seems to be a bit of a crock. Why Coulibaly hasn't been given a go, I don't know.

Osborn is limited but he's well drilled, energetic and as said above the only player who can seemingly track players. People scapegoat him because he doesn't have the creativity or Berge, Norwood, Doyle, McAtee etc (who can play shit and score a goal so considered ok) but he fills in covering a number of positions. If we don't go up we need him to sign a new contract as we'll have a tiny squad and he's really useful.

Back
Top Bottom