Will we miss Berge?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

in a perfect world which we don’t live in we’d have the quoted £20M and spend it on other reinforcements.
2 days before window closes & under a transfer embargo how will it benefit us in anyway ??
Between now & the end of the season who is gonna come in for Norwood, Doyle or McAtee ??
Osborn or Fkeck ?? Makes no sense at all ?
If you were gonna sell him we should have sold him last summer or stick with him & part with him at the end of the season ⚔️

We'd miss any potential matchwinner. Absolutely vital that he's adequately replaced.

No major qualms with him moving on if it keeps the wolves from the door but it means Ndiaye shoulders yet more creative responsibility.

After watching Wrexham out muscle our midget midfield then yes we bleedin will, we might be waving promotion goodbye if he goes as we look desperately light weight in midfield.
Osborn terrible today , making our left side vulnerable , but why play him against a physical team ?
Try Coulibaly ?

in a perfect world which we don’t live in we’d have the quoted £20M and spend it on other reinforcements.
2 days before window closes & under a transfer embargo how will it benefit us in anyway ??
Between now & the end of the season who is gonna come in for Norwood, Doyle or McAtee ??
Osborn or Fkeck ?? Makes no sense at all ?
If you were gonna sell him we should have sold him last summer or stick with him & part with him at the end of the season ⚔️
At the end of the day players move, he’s had a few outstanding games, a few shockers and most in between
So loosing him is part and parcel, and was always going to happen one day

My opinion will be on what happens next -
Surely someone in the boardroom has created a contingency so we tell his agent that for us to sell him, we need enough cash upfront to clear embargo and fund a replacement, or it’s a no deal and we will review in summer

Selling a player in the transfer window is acceptable
Not having a replacement and weakening a promotion chasing side thro bad planning isn’t

We bloody well will after watching that !
Has he definitely gone*? It seems like we go through this every single transfer window, and he's always still here at the end.

*can't be arsed to trawl through Rumours thread btw

we'll miss him because the alternatives aren't great. Not because he's a world class player.

At the end of the day players move, he’s had a few outstanding games, a few shockers and most in between
So loosing him is part and parcel, and was always going to happen one day

My opinion will be on what happens next -
Surely someone in the boardroom has created a contingency so we tell his agent that for us to sell him, we need enough cash upfront to clear embargo and fund a replacement, or it’s a no deal and we will review in summer

Selling a player in the transfer window is acceptable
Not having a replacement and weakening a promotion chasing side thro bad planning isn’t
Same point I hope I’m trying to make no issues if someone whose gonna better team coming in but with 2 days of window open ..if no replacement/ embargo still active then no

We have seen little bits of brilliance from Berge. But the overall report is C+. A game like today was exactly the type he is useless in. I have been one like many who have stuck up for Berge in the hope he comes good, but truth is not once and I mean not once has he grabbed a game by the balls and ran it. He is the worst header of a ball I’ve ever seen on a professional field. So it’s time to let this fear of losing him go, and wish him well. If Fulham pay 20 million for him they have well and truly been sucked in by the hype. If they have watched him for the last 10 games they wouldn’t offer 2 million. That said Doyle and Macatee were both appalling today. Thank God for Norwood.

Back
Top Bottom