What was your coldest United match that you have been to

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reading - last season. Believe the official temp was between -8 and -10. :(

Seeing the comment box comments got me thinking about the coldest match that I have ever watched the Blades play. For me, it would be a close run thing between two mid-week away matches. The first a game at the old Scunthorpe ground (early '80s) and against (the old) Wimledon when they ground shared with Crystal Palace in the early 2000's. It was that cold on both occasions I have just shivered at the recollection (true).
Last season’s night match at Reading was nice and crisp!

They said it was -10c ! I don’t believe that personally. My car said -5 c when I got back to it. These Southern Softies eh?

Seeing the comment box comments got me thinking about the coldest match that I have ever watched the Blades play. For me, it would be a close run thing between two mid-week away matches. The first a game at the old Scunthorpe ground (early '80s) and against (the old) Wimledon when they ground shared with Crystal Palace in the early 2000's. It was that cold on both occasions I have just shivered at the recollection (true).
Reading away last season...had to huddle up to keep warm! And we won....

Forest at home last season cannot be beaten. Even people fucked the boozer off after the game!

Another vote for the Forest home game last season from me, I've never been so cold watching or playing a game of football in my life. Brutal.

Mine was an fa cup 3 round at the lane against Brighton, first time I took my daughter think it would be 1986 it was absolutely freezing ended 0- 0 I think . We won the replay.

Chris Wilder's debut.

Edit : I should read the whole thread first. As ever, Silent beat me to it.

Home to Swansea in December during our Championship relegation season, the southern half of the country had been cut off by Snow but Sheffield had largely escaped so the game went ahead even though almost no Swansea fans where able to get there.

Gary Speed had just resigned and we won one nil, and it was bitterly, bitterly cold. The following week we appointed Mickey Adams and didn't win again until almost Easter. Bleak memories.

It never got above freezing that day - my son was a mascot. The police had turned the Swansea coaches round on the M5 in the morning and the only Swansea fans there were local ones.

Notts County away several years ago. My grandson fell on the ice and dropped his chips. I didn’t let them go to waste though

Another vote for the Forest home game last season from me, I've never been so cold watching or playing a game of football in my life. Brutal.
Both pictures were in same match!

index.php

For me personally it was Watford away in the FA Cup, lost 5-0
I can remember watching my Dad play when I was five or six years old on the Lodge Moor pitches in the snow.
And I've still never been so cold at a football match as I was that day in Watford

5-0 down and all the Blades were bouncing up and down on the away end. Nowt to do with great support, we were just trying to get warm. :)

For me personally it was Watford away in the FA Cup, lost 5-0
I can remember watching my Dad play when I was five or six years old on the Lodge Moor pitches in the snow.
And I've still never been so cold at a football match as I was that day in Watford
Agreed, Watford away in The Cup beats everything else I’ve been to before or since.

Mine was Sunderland away Jan 1971, The wind blew straight off the north sea into the open away end terracing at Roker Park. Fecking freezing it was

A positively balmy 1°c forecast for kickoff dropping to freezing by 6pm.

Carnage in A&E tonight when everyone's been on the ale all day.

Pl
Fulham away one Boxing Day circa 1979 and Watford away probably early 80s in the FA Cup, we got trounced. There was a left winger we wanted to buy, who was at the match who decided against joining us on the strength of our performance, name like Callaghan. Come on Silent help me out.
PlppplppP

Crewe at home on a Tuesday night. Think ot may have been Warnocks promotion season. If memory serves, kick off was delayed and it ended 0-0.

Hottest match, Huddersfield play off final. Not even a question

Yeah Watford in the cup was a cold one.

Might be because I was only about 7 years old but I have very vivid memories of Fulham at home in the late seventies, a night match.

We had to leave at half time and my dad carried me from the ground to pond street because my feet were that cold I could barely walk.

Forty + years later it still sends a shiver down my spine when I think back

Wrexham away. February, 1979. Lost 4-0. Travelled there and back riding pillion on my brother's motorbike. Absolutely freezing.

I've had better Wednesday nights.
I was there and what made it colder was the police made you take off your Dockers and stand in ya socks as it snowed.Loads of boots outside the stand ,how everyone got their boots back is a miracle. A lot don't believe this and only know one other lad who witnessed it.Bastard Welsh.

Forest at home last season cannot be beaten. Even people fucked the boozer off after the game!
I sit in EE in main stand and was getting heavily snowed on due to the wind. Could barely feel my fingers after the game.

Back
Top Bottom