Berge key

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Camden Blade

Reaction score
to our season. I always thought if we can keep him we have a great chance. Those saying he doesn't do enough or is lacking in effort haven't a clue. He is a Rolls Royce of a midfielder. And will only get better. Opposition defences shit themselves when he is running forward with the ball. He combines finesse with physical strength. Rare combination. Top signing, top player. And excuses CW's dud signings. On a side note I glanced at Wolves BBC player ratings and saw MGW at 4.99. I wondered if he is casting a wistful eye on BDTBL. On a downside I thought Brewster was ineffectual and anonymous. I wonder if it will happen for him. Hopefully confidence will come with games and goals. Anel was class today too. Sander motm closely followed by Anel.

He should have taken the penalty.
Better penalty taker, scored every one he's taken for us....

2 goals in 2 games to start the season to up that price tag.....

But nah..... small thinking prevails and we stick with good old Norwood, who including shootouts has missed about half the pens he's taken for us

And if not Berge it should have been Ndiaye or Brewster

to our season. I always thought if we can keep him we have a great chance. Those saying he doesn't do enough or is lacking in effort haven't a clue. He is a Rolls Royce of a midfielder. And will only get better. Opposition defences shit themselves when he is running forward with the ball. He combines finesse with physical strength. Rare combination. Top signing, top player. And excuses CW's dud signings. On a side note I glanced at Wolves BBC player ratings and saw MGW at 4.99. I wondered if he is casting a wistful eye on BDTBL. On a downside I thought Brewster was ineffectual and anonymous. I wonder if it will happen for him. Hopefully confidence will come with games and goals. Anel was class today too. Sander motm closely followed by Anel.
Unfortunately if he has a few more games like today he'll be gone by end of this transfer window

Last edited:
He's brilliant in space. When games open up he's as good as anyone.

Still has a tendency to disappear when it's tight.

Lovely to watch when he's on though
Yes space seems to open up in front of him but that's down to his running and ball control. He's an intelligent player too and always seems one step ahead of the opposition defence. If we keep him even if it's only for this season it could make the difference.

Yes space seems to open up in front of him but that's down to his running and ball control. He's an intelligent player too and always seems one step ahead of the opposition defence. If we keep him even if it's only for this season it could make the difference.
I agree to a point. 1 in 1 he's pretty much unstoppable for full backs at this level. But he doesn't have the same effect when things are congested centrally

Credit Brewster on his skill and determination to win that penalty he was excellent first half

I think he seems to follow the tempo of the rest of the team, today we were really on it, especially first half and he thrived, lots of nice driving runs and forward thinking passes. I think the issues come with his nonchalant-ness and how casual he is on the ball (which is part of what makes him great when he's at his best) means when the team isn't at it and nothing seems to flow he doesn't pull those progressive runs out the bag when we perhaps need them most, I think this is where most of the criticism comes from.

He's brilliant in space. When games open up he's as good as anyone.

Still has a tendency to disappear when it's tight.

Lovely to watch when he's on though
He's really iffy when he's pressed. Sometimes he can get away but gets caught on the ball too often. Really needs to work on that.

I thought that was Ndiaye? Yes, credit if it was Brewster. That was a penalty won. I was on corner of Kop my view of that wasn't great.
Credit Brewster on his skill and determination to win that penalty he was excellent first half

The bloke is an absolute rolls Royce and I am genuinely baffled how half the premier leave haven’t bid £25 Million for him

He has it all going forward and is a very good CDM he can do it all IMO

Anyone who doesn’t think he is a top top player doesn’t know Ball

The rumoured 3 PL clubs who have shown an interest in Berge will have had their scouts there today. Expect some increased bids for him

Let’s hope the board decide PL footy for our club takes precedence over swelling the bank balance for this season

The bloke is an absolute rolls Royce and I am genuinely baffled how half the premier leave haven’t bid £25 Million for him

He has it all going forward and is a very good CDM he can do it all IMO

Anyone who doesn’t think he is a top top player doesn’t know Ball
I think most recognise his ability, however his previous inability / reluctance to step up and take hold of a game when playing better opposition frustrates. He has the tendency to disappear (like at Watford last week). Everyone knows it is there we just want to see it consistently.

He's the main MGW replacement

He only played about a third of last season in this attacking position

Over a full season, he'll replicate MGW's numbers

I’ve been saying this for a while, but Sander has been a slow burner that’s required patience, which unfortunately some of our fans lack. Especially with his price tag.
You are right.

So why has he been a slow burner ?

Could it possibly be that we have shoehorned him in to a position he is completely unfamiliar with in a league that he doesn’t know or understand ?

The consistency in which I have repeatedly stated he should be occupying Norwoods shirt in that very specific role he has played for his country AND the club we recruited him from is as baffling as it is so obviously wrong.

Now we have significant competition in the midfield slots, Sander should be demanding the playmaker position to leave the others to fight for the LCM and RCM positions.

It’s so glaringly obvious and has been for some time.

UTB.

I love him. It's amazing that that we have him and he does what he does. Trouble is, the Window is still open and all I can think about while he's flying is that he won't be here much longer. Even Hecky said as much today:

Back
Top Bottom