How do you stop Growing Crowd Disorder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sheff_blade90

Reaction score
as the title said How do you stop Crowd Disorder, because everyone who been to an away game this season or watched football in the last 2 weeks could see this billy sharp incident coming a mile off. we already had a Leicester fan arrested & jailed for 4 months at city ground in march. we arent going towards the bad old days we are in the bad old days right now

for me the stewarding & policing at some grounds that ive seen in person & on social media has left a lot to be desired, which hasn't helped, it ended up completely lawless. you only have to look at Huddersfield who were just as bad as forest, they were all just watching it happening but doing absolutely nothing while a luton player was getting slapped & abused while trying to applaud the away end beside the goal.

what can be done or what will be done, because of course metal barriers are a no go for obvious reasons. as i can only think of putting netting around the stadiums or the wembley style barriers. because something needs to be done, before things are too late & we are talking about a monica seles style attack at the french open

temp 1.jpg

temp 2.jpg

There needs to be a little more clarity on what is considered as disorder as I think some is disputable depending on many factors - stewarding, policing, the occasion etc,

But for encroachment, it’s clear cut and the best place to start. So for me it’s simple.

1. Fine the clubs this season. All of them who’ve had more than 10 fans on the pitch in a game. But get them all fined.
2. EFL put a statement out to all clubs and fans that it won’t be tolerated at all next season. That’s the warning,
3. Next season clubs get a stand closed for 3 games if they have more than 10 fans on the pitch from that stand in a game. Away fans, the away club gets 2 game away fan ban, 1 game stand closed on their smallest stand.

When fans start realising that there is zero tolerance and they could close an entire stand by their actions then they will start to realise.

Honestly mate don’t think you can

The Wembley thing is fine if there’s room but it needs planning at design stage - we wouldn’t have room for it at John St or BL

Fact is if you put 30000 people in an emotionally charged environment, pissed up, probably coke’d up with access to the opposition’s players the day was always coming

That full weight cunt will loose his job and hopefully bump into a couple of Blades in the nick

But next year there will be another oxygen thief smashed off his tits and it will happen again

Grealish got twatted a couple of years ago, and that was on the pitch as the game was been played

There are some fuckin idiots in this world, personally I would castrate them so they can’t create another generation of scum, but thats probably a step too far

People need to tell their kids that if they're going to do drugs, they shouldn't mix cocaine and alcohol. That combination is a disaster waiting to happen. I've seen pretty chilled out people suddenly turn into the incredible hulk.

Prison if full of regretful people who did something dumb after mixing charlie and booze. 🤷‍♂️

Trust me: it is a significant factor in the amount of trouble we're seeing.

Said nets are only to stop wild shots going into the crowd behind the goal

Make going on the pitch a season ban, a full season, for anyone going on the pitch from any football ground in Britain.

How many would think that's worthwhile? You'll always get a scumbag like last night but he gets licence to do it because the pitch was full of fans.

Make clubs play behind closed doors for an extended period of time following pitch invasions and ratchet it up considerably if any players or officials are assaulted - like for a full season.

Can clubs also be excluded from the League / FA Cup?

Points deductions for failure to control crowds.

Quite simple. Pitch invasion = next 2 home games behind closed doors. Yes it will piss a lot of people off but we need to start policing our own, Stewards and Plod are next to useless.

There needs to be a little more clarity on what is considered as disorder as I think some is disputable depending on many factors - stewarding, policing, the occasion etc,

But for encroachment, it’s clear cut and the best place to start. So for me it’s simple.

1. Fine the clubs this season. All of them who’ve had more than 10 fans on the pitch in a game. But get them all fined.
2. EFL put a statement out to all clubs and fans that it won’t be tolerated at all next season. That’s the warning,
3. Next season clubs get a stand closed for 3 games if they have more than 10 fans on the pitch from that stand in a game. Away fans, the away club gets 2 game away fan ban, 1 game stand closed on their smallest stand.

When fans start realising that there is zero tolerance and they could close an entire stand by their actions then they will start to realise.
Its one/both of these - and I've said as much on twitter today and got replies asking how I expect the clubs to actually control their fans.

What they are missing is that the above isn't there to encourage clubs to do more (although I would hope that it would - there is no question that clubs could do more.

Its there to act as a deterrent to those that do encroach. Imagine if the above was in place after last night and Forest did get promoted - first game back in the PL for 23 years, played behind closed doors (or only in front of Away fans) - what a message that would send.

And it has to be a zero tolerance approach - no suspended sentences, no mitigating circumstances - the only reason fans should be on the pitch is if there is an emergency and they are told to evacuate onto the pitch.
First offence - 1 game behind closed doors
Second offence - 3 games
Third - 5 games

Back to fences.

Police are more interested in filming than stopping disorder.

How much can stewards be expected to do. Maybe need private security.

I'd agree with punishments for the clubs even though it won't be always be within their power to stop such incidents.

I'd also (and this isn't aimed at the ridiculous justification of the Billy assault) focus more on player behaviour.

In recent seasons there's far more players looking to antagonise opposition fans without provocation.

Too often players more interested in running to the opposition fans without even being provoked during the game. Ian Wright was a twat for it but these days it's most games. Vary does it every week.

Absolutely no need for Johnson to shout fuck off to our fans last night and considering how clear it was on TV, I'm surprised nothing has been said about it.

There's never any justification for fans to attack players but they also have a responsibility.

You used to get automatically booked for inciting the crowd but that's largely gone out of the window.

But sadly, prison sentences aren't stopping these incidents so fences is a real deterrent.

Make going on the pitch a season ban, a full season, for anyone going on the pitch from any football ground in Britain.

How many would think that's worthwhile? You'll always get a scumbag like last night but he gets licence to do it because the pitch was full of fans.
It already is. They clearly won’t ban all the forest and Huddersfield fans for it just as they didn’t ban blades that did it in league one m, but I’m pretty sure entering a field of play is a criminal offence

Its one/both of these - and I've said as much on twitter today and got replies asking how I expect the clubs to actually control their fans.

What they are missing is that the above isn't there to encourage clubs to do more (although I would hope that it would - there is no question that clubs could do more.

Its there to act as a deterrent to those that do encroach. Imagine if the above was in place after last night and Forest did get promoted - first game back in the PL for 23 years, played behind closed doors (or only in front of Away fans) - what a message that would send.

And it has to be a zero tolerance approach - no suspended sentences, no mitigating circumstances - the only reason fans should be on the pitch is if there is an emergency and they are told to evacuate onto the pitch.
Second offence - 3 games
Third - 5 games
I think a game behind closed doors is further down the line and could be counter productive.

For example kids on the family stand being punished for something an idiot from the kop or south stand does would perhaps lead to kids being put off.

Close the kop or southstand (or part of it) for 1-3 games and people start policing themselves as they know the consequences of actions

Sounds like the go ahead for idiots to get grounds or stands closed to satisfy their egos !

Second offence - 3 games
Third - 5 games

i think closures, points deductions or expelled from FA Cup might be the way to go. because we have to go zero tolerance. as always hillsborough was horrible tragedy but as i say understand why they put up because wouldve been at the same tipping point as we currently are but it needs to be a last resort

I’ll probably get slaughtered for this, but Hecky didn’t cover himself in glory. Not sure what he was playing at in the first half but his actions managed to spark a mass brawl between both squads. Things like that carry over to the crowd and set the tone. Not excusing the actions of the dickhead that attacked Billy in any way, but in the same way you can’t excuse Hecky either.

i think closures, points deductions or expelled from FA Cup might be the way to go. because we have to go zero tolerance. as always hillsborough was horrible tragedy but as i say understand why they put up because wouldve been at the same tipping point as we currently are but it needs to be a last resort

I don`t think Points deductions are viable here - that would lead to clubs resorting to draconian measures (e.g. fences) and I don`t think anyone wants that.

Its the fans that need to be discouraged from this behaviour - so find something that uniquely punishes them. Groud/stand closures as suggested by SwissBlade mean the club aren't punished in the league for an off the pitch issue.

The clubs responsibility is to control its fans - if you can`t do that the right punishment is to stop fans attending
The fans responsibility is to act in a responsible manner - if you can`t do that you don`t get to (collectively) attend

as the title said How do you stop Crowd Disorder, because everyone who been to an away game this season or watched football in the last 2 weeks could see this billy sharp incident coming a mile off. we already had a Leicester fan arrested & jailed for 4 months at city ground in march. we arent going towards the bad old days we are in the bad old days right now

for me the stewarding & policing at some grounds that ive seen in person & on social media has left a lot to be desired, which hasn't helped, it ended up completely lawless. you only have to look at Huddersfield who were just as bad as forest, they were all just watching it happening but doing absolutely nothing while a luton player was getting slapped & abused while trying to applaud the away end beside the goal.

what can be done or what will be done, because of course metal barriers are a no go for obvious reasons. as i can only think of putting netting around the stadiums or the wembley style barriers. because something needs to be done, before things are too late & we are talking about a monica seles style attack at the french open

Stopping the reasons for disorder would be a good start. Wankers like Vardy and that twat last night stood in front of opposition fans with hands cupped behind their ears just gets all the wrong (or the right) emotions high.
It was in that same corner that we had last night that the Leicester fan tried to punch a Forest player. I understand why now.

Sounds like the go ahead for idiots to get grounds or stands closed to satisfy their egos !
I'm not sure who that would benefit. You'd obviously need checks and balances in place to ensure that they're not just fans of other teams turning up at a game to get stands closed

Everyone knows a mass pitch invasion you are unlikely to get in trouble for it. Make it blindingly clear that it's a automatic 6 points deduction or disqualification from going through for their clubs.

Punish the clubs in a way that punishes fans. Closed door, lowered capacity (that actually affects the number who can get tickets) etc. Small fines to the club don't discourage anyone.

I don`t think Points deductions are viable here - that would lead to clubs resorting to draconian measures (e.g. fences) and I don`t think anyone wants that.

Its the fans that need to be discouraged from this behaviour - so find something that uniquely punishes them. Groud/stand closures as suggested by SwissBlade mean the club aren't punished in the league for an off the pitch issue.

The clubs responsibility is to control its fans - if you can`t do that the right punishment is to stop fans attending
The fans responsibility is to act in a responsible manner - if you can`t do that you don`t get to (collectively) attend
Yeah exactly, we need it to be progressive and we certainly don't want to go back to any sort of fences or docking points as that affects the team.

But to hit the fans as a group rather than just individuals it should promote a culture of self policing and responsibility and by not imposing fines on the clubs, but a loss of revenue, the club won't like it... and they will try to introduce more preventative measures

It has to be a life ban for me.

Everyone knows a mass pitch invasion you are unlikely to get in trouble for it. Make it blindingly clear that it's a automatic 6 points deduction or disqualification from going through for their clubs.
Disqualification should only be applicable in the play offs...

Back
Top Bottom